Pilot Pension

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
I would like to know what the average 25 year Pilot takes home for pension pay.

What is the amount for both options, annuity monthy payments and lump sum option payment.

I am sure there are vairances so I am asking for an average.

Thanks

What is the amount for both options, annuity monthy payments and lump sum option payment.

Thanks
<_< ----- Informer, Do you really expect an answeer to that one? ----- Good Luck!!!

Thanks
:lol: :lol: thats funny, good one :lol:

Thanks
Here is the link to the contract, no idea what it equates to. Supplement F are the pensions.

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/option,com_.../Itemid,85.html

Also per http://www.aanegotiations.com/apaPensions.asp

The company acknowledges the importance of retirement benefits for pilots. American now provides the best-funded, most rewarding pilot retirement plan in the industry. This is done through a combination of the Fixed Income Plan (the A Plan) and the Variable Plan (the B Plan) which provide an option to pay out benefits in lump sum upon retirement. On average, an American career pilot retires with lump sum pension benefits worth between $1 million to $3 million.

Well since the Pilots want to keep their sacred cow pensions top secret, how about the Filght Attendants?

What is the average Pension Payment for a 25 year F/A and do they have the lump sum option also?

Do you find it interesting that the flight crew work groups do not share information regarding their pension values?

I do!

TWU Informer I am sure our (APFA) pension is going to be similar to ground employees. There is NO secret pot of gold just for the F/A's. We have no lump sum. The final average compensation is from the best consecutive 48 months out of the last 120 months. With that, you need to take the benefit formula. Which is 1 2/3%. So the example in the contract is 1 2/3% x $50,000 x 30 (Years of service) = $25,000 We can retire at age 60 with no penalty. Nothing secret, just too lazy to look up till now. Out of curiosity, how different is APFA's different from yours?

TWU informer, its on jetnet. Its on airlinepilot central.com and as amfaman pointed out, its on aanegotiations.

If you think it looks good, you're in luck. There's a real shortage of pilots right now. Eagle is hiring pilots with 300 hours total time. Other regionals are hiring captains off the street. In fact AA will be cancelling quite a few flights starting in Feb for the forseeable future because of pilot retirements and overall pilot shortages. If you ever wanted to become a pilot, here's your chance. :up:

If you think it looks good, you're in luck. There's a real shortage of pilots right now. Eagle is hiring pilots with 300 hours total time. Other regionals are hiring captains off the street. In fact AA will be cancelling quite a few flights starting in Feb for the forseeable future because of pilot retirements and overall pilot shortages. If you ever wanted to become a pilot, here's your chance. :up:

Thats reassuring, Perhaps the flight schools will be competing for 'bodies' with Mortician schools.....No pun intended! :shock: