Chandler to shame!"*

*The United pilot said, "I, too, purchased the entire first class
section to bring along my entire family, kids, grandkids, cousins
nephews and their families! I will fly my Boeing 747-400 to my
favorite layover, Tokyo! I have reserved the entire Tsukiji Market and
since we are all avid sushi fans we will have a banquet and our chef
will be none other than; Jiro Ono...who is considered the best chef in
Japan! We will then tour the market place the next day and fly home to
San Francisco and I already have the 'Bay Tour' reserved! I, too, am excited about my water canon  salute!
Then off to Dutch Henry Winery in Napa for a private retirement party
that would put Mark Sanders to shame!*

*The USAirways pilot said, "I'm going to fly my Embraer ERJ-190 up to
Buffalo...my third wife is going to try to get off work and see if we
can get her on as non-rev. I wanted my 7 kids to come, but they won't
talk to me any more. I have a 15 hour layover so I am excited to try
the chicken wings at Duff's Famous Wings...I can't afford to go to the
Anchor Bar, because the Day's Inn van only has a 5 mile radius. But we
ARE going to splurge and get the "20 piece with fries" and going crazy
and getting Medium Hot! The next morning, I only have one leg back to
Philly and we're due in right before the 9 o'clock push, so they can't
do a water canon salute do to the influx of traffic...."thanks a lot"
Southwest!!...so I'm going to buzz the runway...and then I'm going to
pull up to 45 degrees and do an aileron roll!!!*

*The two other guys were astonished! "Are you REALLY going to do
that?", they asked in unison!!*

*He said. "YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I AM....well......................if the
captain will let me."*

Reactions: 9 people
Phoenix said:
The moral of the story...  no pilots who graduated from the Academy went to America West.
Do me a favor and put a sock in it. Not only do you insult those USAFA active pilots on this property plus ones who passed not too long ago.

Obituaries: November 30, 2012
Submitted by admin on Thu, 11/29/2012 - 6:00pm
Norman "Stormin" Eric Rennspies

Mr. Rennspies was born Dec. 20, 1959, in Passaic, N.J.

He grew up in Oakland, N.J., where he graduated in 1978 from Indian Hills High School. He received an appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo., graduating June 1, 1983, with a degree in human factors engineering and a commission as a second lieutenant.

Having earned All-American honors as a member of the Air Force fencing squad, he stayed at the academy as an assistant fencing coach. After his assignment, he proceeded to undergraduate pilot training at Laughlin Air Force Base in Del Rio, Texas.

After earning the wings of a U.S. Air Force pilot, he was assigned to fly the A-10 Warthog at Suwon Air Base, Republic of Korea, Royal Air Force Station Bentwaters, UK, and Myrtle Beach Air Force Base in South Carolina.

In 1990, he graduated from the U.S. Air Force Fighter Weapons School at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada, earning the top flying award for A-10s. He then returned to the Air Force Academy as an assistant air officer commanding and later became the deputy commandant.

He transitioned to fly the F-16 Fighting Falcon and was transferred to Moody Air Force Base in Georgia, where he spent the next three years. He was then transferred to Luke Air Force Base as the F-16 chief academic instructor for the 56th Training Squadron. After two years in the position, he took a one-year tour as F-16 commander of Peace Vector IV at Gianaclis Air Base in Egypt.

He returned to Davis-Monthan Air Force Base until he retired from the Air Force in 2003. After his retirement, he became a pilot instructor with Lockheed-Martin at Luke Air Force Base, and subsequently a first officer with America West Airlines.

He is survived by two sons, Erich Rennspies of Phoenix and Nicholas Rennspies of Big Sky, Mont.; two sisters, Linda Stephenson of Romance, Ark. And Christa Dugan; and his parents, Erich and Elisabeth Rennspies.

Reactions: 3 people
There are, and have been many academy grads at AWA.  I've flown with several, in both seats.  I've also flown with combat veterans of different wars, in both seats.  I never did find that joke all that funny, one never knows what circumstances result in any given person being in any given seat at any given airline.    

Reactions: 5 people
CactusPilot1 said:
Do me a favor and put a sock in it. Not only do you insult those USAFA active pilots on this property plus ones who passed not too long ago.

Obituaries: November 30, 2012
Submitted by admin on Thu, 11/29/2012 - 6:00pm
Norman "Stormin" Eric Rennspies

Mr. Rennspies was born Dec. 20, 1959, in Passaic, N.J.

He grew up in Oakland, N.J., where he graduated in 1978 from Indian Hills High School. He received an appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo., graduating June 1, 1983, with a degree in human factors engineering and a commission as a second lieutenant.

Having earned All-American honors as a member of the Air Force fencing squad, he stayed at the academy as an assistant fencing coach. After his assignment, he proceeded to undergraduate pilot training at Laughlin Air Force Base in Del Rio, Texas.

After earning the wings of a U.S. Air Force pilot, he was assigned to fly the A-10 Warthog at Suwon Air Base, Republic of Korea, Royal Air Force Station Bentwaters, UK, and Myrtle Beach Air Force Base in South Carolina.

In 1990, he graduated from the U.S. Air Force Fighter Weapons School at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada, earning the top flying award for A-10s. He then returned to the Air Force Academy as an assistant air officer commanding and later became the deputy commandant.

He transitioned to fly the F-16 Fighting Falcon and was transferred to Moody Air Force Base in Georgia, where he spent the next three years. He was then transferred to Luke Air Force Base as the F-16 chief academic instructor for the 56th Training Squadron. After two years in the position, he took a one-year tour as F-16 commander of Peace Vector IV at Gianaclis Air Base in Egypt.

He returned to Davis-Monthan Air Force Base until he retired from the Air Force in 2003. After his retirement, he became a pilot instructor with Lockheed-Martin at Luke Air Force Base, and subsequently a first officer with America West Airlines.

He is survived by two sons, Erich Rennspies of Phoenix and Nicholas Rennspies of Big Sky, Mont.; two sisters, Linda Stephenson of Romance, Ark. And Christa Dugan; and his parents, Erich and Elisabeth Rennspies.

Relax Sparky.  The thread started out as a joke about USAF Academy graduates having a yellow snow contest.  

We all know that landing any major airline job is 99% skill and 1% luck.  Unfortunately the 1% luck makes a big difference about how many buttons we have on the front of our Breast Jacket, or the stripes on our sleeve... and nobody really knows what turn our careers take... meanwhile we talk about corn dogs, sky nazis, and freight dogs to add a little levity.  

Buy a pink tie for October and put on a smile.   :D

Reactions: 2 people
Phoenix said:
The moral of the story...  no pilots who graduated from the Academy went to America West.
Phoenix said:

Relax Sparky.  The thread started out as a joke about USAF Academy graduates having a yellow snow contest.  

We all know that landing any major airline job is 99% skill and 1% luck.  Unfortunately the 1% luck makes a big difference about how many buttons we have on the front of our Breast Jacket, or the stripes on our sleeve... and nobody really knows what turn our careers take... meanwhile we talk about corn dogs, sky nazis, and freight dogs to add a little levity.  

Buy a pink tie for October and put on a smile.   :D
The top line is all I needed to read so stop the backpedaling you little weasel.

GFY

Reactions: 4 people
CactusPilot1 said:
The top line is all I needed to read so stop the backpedaling you little weasel.

GFY

The top line of the thread is all you need... if you can find it.   :D

MyJ4JjobSucks said:
*Three pilot classmates from the Air Force academy were retiring in
the same month...they got together to discuss their forthcoming final
flights and retirement plans.*

Seems like F/O at AWA was barely a footnote in his career.

I've flown with a lot of ring knockers. One of the best pilots I've ever flown with, one of the worst. Just goes to show you...

Did you attend the Springs U captain tshirt?

Pi brat said:
Seems like F/O at AWA was barely a footnote in his career.
 I've flown with a lot of ring knockers. One of the best pilots I've ever flown with, one of the worst. Just goes to show you...
 Did you attend the Springs U captain tshirt?
I pity you. Your little band of malcontents rounded up 18 of our pilots at random, were DEFEATED in court. Do me a favor and stop pretending you came to the rescue of the Cactus 18 . It's scumbags like you who hold hostages and claim you let them go out of the goodness of that cold dark heart of yours. Screw you! You tried to destroy the lives of those pilots. I don't ever want to see another post from a jerk like you with zero integrity claiming you came to the rescue of pilots you tried to and failed to bring RICO charges.

Get lost, SCAB!

Reactions: 4 people
CactusPilot1 said:
I pity you. Your little band of malcontents rounded up 18 of our pilots at random, were DEFEATED in court. Do me a favor and stop pretending you came to the rescue of the Cactus 18, T . It's scumbags like you who hold hostages and claim you let them go out of the goodness of that cold dark heart of yours. Screw you! You tried to destroy the lives of those pilots. I don't ever want to see another post from a jerk like you with zero integrity claiming you came to the rescue of pilots you tried to and failed to bring RICO charges.

Get lost, SCAB!
Never been a scab, never will be. When that's all you have, you look ignorant.

I've never claimed that I rescued the C18. What I did is tell USAPA that they were handling the situation wrong, using an atomic bomb when a hand grenade would work, and that some were innocent. But some were guilty, on some level. What I found out was that they didn't want help. They wanted to be martyrs.

You know who I am, so it's easy enough to find the truth if you want to. But, you'd rather lie.

Why so mad? You are on the verge of glory.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow. It only took 2 posts to rapidly deteriorate into the normal bash fest of the US Airways pilot forums.

Fwiw, I thought the joke was funny.

Carry on.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts