Pilots propose a 30.5% pay raise on May 1, 2008

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Looks like the APA knows how to negotiate. Demand the sky, probably accept peanuts.

AA pilots propose 30.5 percent raise

01:52 PM CDT on Thursday, May 3, 2007

By TERRY MAXON / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

American Airlines Inc.’s pilots proposed Thursday that they get a 30.5 percent increase on May 1, 2008, and 5 percent raises each year for the next three years.

The Allied Pilots Association made the proposal at midday Thursday to American’s negotiating committee.

“Other American Airlines stakeholders have already recovered their investment in our airline’s turnaround,â€￾ said APA president Ralph Hunter, a pilot. “It is time for our pilots to begin doing the same.â€￾

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...t.32c95921.html

I hope they get it! Then that will give the APFA more power to get the f/a's a HUGE pay increase. AA knows that the f/a's are the most pissed off work group on the property. Besides, we make it or break it for the pax to fly AA again.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='481973' date='May 3 2007, 01:10 PM']I hope they get it! Then that will give the APFA more power to get the f/a's a HUGE pay increase. AA knows that the f/a's are the most pissed off work group on the property. Besides, we make it or break it for the pax to fly AA again.[/quote]

You're funny! :D

You've probably got a much better shot at winning the lottery this weekend than ever seeing a 30.5% raise.

The talk on the line is that the pilots will settle for peanuts. They have too many "company" men primarily at DFW. I asked a few pilots about this on my last couple of trips and this seems to be the consensus, that DFW will sell them out.

And the TWU will give up more so the company can afford to pay the pilots. :down: IGM Airlines. :unsure:

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='481973' date='May 3 2007, 08:10 PM']I hope they get it! Then that will give the APFA more power to get the f/a's a HUGE pay increase. AA knows that the f/a's are the most pissed off work group on the property. Besides, we make it or break it for the pax to fly AA again.[/quote]
Do you really think that the PAX really care how nice you are. They think of the bottom line. The ticket Price. If it is cheap they will buy it. The days of brand loyalty and flying with the nicest and most courteous staff is long gone. It is about the all mighty dollar.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='481973' date='May 3 2007, 08:10 PM']Besides, we make it or break it for the pax to fly AA again.[/quote]

Have you ever flown JAL or Cathay? That's how you get passengers to come back to your airline. That is what a professional crew acts like. I have seen good crews with AA and I have seen bad crews with AA, never seen a crew like the ones I saw on JAL and Cathay on AA.

Have you ever flown JAL or Cathay? That's how you get passengers to come back to your airline. That is what a professional crew acts like. I have seen good crews with AA and I have seen bad crews with AA, never seen a crew like the ones I saw on JAL and Cathay on AA.

Well there you go Garfield, a scheduler's dream f/a. Hired at 18, fired at 26, Asian, and no more than 96 lbs, Always answers the phone, "Yes sir, Mr. Garfield".. And giggles with eyes downcast, mouth gently covered, "tee hee hee hee'"

I may not be 18, Asian, and a size 2, but, then again, neither are my managers. I would like them to be younger, more flexible, and more attractive, too.

Guess we can't all get our way. :rolleyes:

Has anyone ever noticed how it is the men that drone on and on about the Asian Airlines Air Hostesses? I guess it goes along with all those other fantasies of theirs....

Has anyone ever noticed how it is the men that drone on and on about the Asian Airlines Air Hostesses? I guess it goes along with all those other fantasies of theirs....
In response to Garfield. How many times have you actually had a flight on Cathay and or JAL. I assume you have flown more on AA and have had more oppurtnities to see good or bad service on AA.

As for JAL or Cathay you maybe have been on them once or twice or just heard about their service. So to make a judgement based on 1 or two flights would be unfair.

I for one have never had a horrible expierence on AA. They might not be the nicest or the friendliest. But I have never been treated unfairly at all.

That can be said about any of the departments within this industry.

now in response to the three posts above mine....

very good bery funny that made me laugh outloud thank you very much it made my day.

In response to Garfield. How many times have you actually had a flight on Cathay and or JAL. I assume you have flown more on AA and have had more oppurtnities to see good or bad service on AA.

As for JAL or Cathay you maybe have been on them once or twice or just heard about their service. So to make a judgement based on 1 or two flights would be unfair.

I for one have never had a horrible expierence on AA. They might not be the nicest or the friendliest. But I have never been treated unfairly at all.

That can be said about any of the departments within this industry.

now in response to the three posts above mine....

very good bery funny that made me laugh outloud thank you very much it made my day.

:)

That is because they don't accept the fact that women are at the very least intellectual equals, accomplished multi-taskers, and they can't seem to be able to see past the tip of their brain that beauty comes in all types of packages. Good f/as are just that, good f/as. Age, weight, marital status and child bearing history are irrelevant as long as they can open the door, pull the handle and throw one's butt off an airplane in a emergency. If you happen to be kind, and friendly, (with all that US f/as have to put up with on the airplane these days) consider that a bonus. Ah the myth of the f/a. Is there another profession that faces such unfulfilled expectations?

That is because they don't accept the fact that women are at the very least intellectual equals, accomplished multi-taskers, and they can't seem to be able to see past the tip of their brain that beauty comes in all types of packages.
I don't think it is their brains that they are necessarily um..thinking with. :p :p (Couldn't resist)
You know I would love all my pilots to be as suave and handsome as those you see in the movies. We actually had them at one time (think Air Cal), but like all of us, they have aged, some nicely some not so nice :eek: . But they can still do their job. Same goes with us, I think I perform my job very well, I have tons of those little silly papers they give us now to prove it. I am still pretty attractive, but I know gravity is setting in. As long as I can serve with a smile, and kick their butts out the door in an emergency, I won't worry too much about these men's geisha dreams.