Pinkerton Coming To Pit

justaumechanic

Veteran
Dec 15, 2003
The word on the street is Pinkerton is coming to PIT on November 27th to Start the shut down process.. Very similar to what happened in TPA. No more Heavy Checks coming in and management is in a mad push to get the remaining aircraft out of the hangars. (oh with the exception of the nightmare aircraft they have in hangar 2 that is missing something like 100 parts)

PIT maintenance you need to get ready. Oh, thats right I forgot. Frank and friends said "So long as we keep busting our asses and getting these planes out they will never shut down PIT, so guys keep humping"..

And of course who can forget Disco Bill and his comment to the media; "oh I really do think a decision has not been made yet, I really do".. Company paid stooge.

Next week you will hear "Oh, sorry guys, was out of our hands".

700UW said:
I see the rumor mill is in full swing.
[post="202017"][/post]​

700UW - You can call it what you want.. Rumor, Fact, Speculation whatever. Bottom line the company has made it very clear that one of two Maintenance bases are going to close.

PIT's 1 year lease obligation is coming up. They have their exit clause all set and in place. CLT hangar is new, capable of handling anything in the fleet. Production will not be an issue because all the PIT mechanics will be coming to CLT to bump out 80% of the manpower.

PIT is doomed and everyone in PIT knows it.

So call it what you like.. You don't work in PIT so you can't see what is going on. Mandatory Lunch Box Inspections, No Tool Box removal without Manager approval, PE-1's for any minor infraction, Sick Time Monitoring, robbing of parts and push to only repair what is Flight Safety Related.

No 700UW the end of PIT is near and neither you or your hero's Frank, Bill and the IAM can stop it.

Sorry Bill or Frank are not my heroes, never have been and never will be.

Tool Box removal ALWAYS has to be inspected before removal. And the same unwarranted crackdown and discipline is going in in CLT too.

And remember when CLT was reduced they came from CLT to bump PIT, PIT is more junior then CLT.

700UW said:
Sorry Bill or Frank are not my heroes, never have been and never will be.

Tool Box removal ALWAYS has to be inspected before removal. And the same unwarranted crackdown and discipline is going in in CLT too.

And remember when CLT was reduced they came from CLT to bump PIT, PIT is more junior then CLT.
[post="202024"][/post]​

Tool Box inspection has never been Manager Approval. It was always left to the supervisor on duty.. Manger approval. Hello!! About 60% of the toolboxes are now gone from the hangars in PIT. Thats why it has been changed to MANAGER APPROVAL..

As for PIT being Jr to CLT.. Look at your book dude.. About 20% of the mechanics in PIT are Jr to the CLT boys.. Beyond that you are looking at some high time horsepower and its coming your way. You going to be looking at 1981 seniority or better to hold CLT..

Be prepared to say "What happened".

I will be here, not to worry, and go check the book, CLT mechs bumped to PIT when the last cuts hit.

I see Glasse's plan is coming together. Got employees fighting
among themselves. Stop the bull. Fight the theives not each other. :rant: :rant:

It's just leftover Piedmont (CLT) vs. USAir (PIT) from 1989. Tends to flare up from time to time. ;)

Hard to be as arrogant as CCY was....it was their way or the highway...
To bad they couldn't learn from Piedmont and PSA

As history shows..... they've done well.........................NOT

Sorry..But CLT is senior to PIT in many ways. (Line & Heavy) I looked at the computer last night, I sure hope you guys would come down.

Yes, they are cracking down in CLT too. Writing is one the wall.

PineyBob said:
Which IMO is one of the main reasons the situation is where it is today. PSA & Piedmont were never fully integrated culturally at the labor level or management level. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) the number of front line folks who identify with the carrier that hired them.
[post="202203"][/post]​

PineyBob, it's an old, old, story. On a personal level I amazed to continue to hear stuff 14 years later. I just find it an amazing waste of time and energy.

justaumechanic-You don't work in PIT so you can't see what is going on. Mandatory Lunch Box Inspections, No Tool Box removal without Manager approval, PE-1's for any minor infraction, Sick Time Monitoring, robbing of parts and push to only repair what is Flight Safety Related.
sounds to me like you have a CHOP PROBLEM ...

justaumechanic said:
"... you are looking at some high time horsepower and its coming your way. You going to be looking at 1981 seniority or better to hold CLT.. "
[post="202027"][/post]​
I fail to see why anyone would bother to move to another city for a job with such a loser airline.

pit maintenence closes tonite ??
i'm sitting here by the phone awating that dreaded phone call from frank to come and get my toolbox tonite...you just don't mess with those pinkerton boys.....