Pinnacle Airlines (dba: Northwest Airlink)

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-ice

Senior
Aug 30, 2002
Saw today where Pinnacle Airlines is hiring for a cross-utilization agent. What flight bennies do they have as a regional? Are they entitled to flights on NWA mainline and the other Airlink affiliates?
Just curious. I non-rev on another carrier but I was curious as to the non-rev benefits to the Airlink employees.
As for mainline, do you pay for mileage flown as a non-rev? What about upgrades Transcon and Pacific?

Saw today where Pinnacle Airlines is hiring for a cross-utilization agent. What flight bennies do they have as a regional? Are they entitled to flights on NWA mainline and the other Airlink affiliates?
Just curious. I non-rev on another carrier but I was curious as to the non-rev benefits to the Airlink employees.
As for mainline, do you pay for mileage flown as a non-rev? What about upgrades Transcon and Pacific?
I don't know about Pinnacle but my friend works for another airlink carrier and she does have flight privledges on NW and NW Airlink carriers. I believe coach is free domestically and for biz or 1st there is a surcharge of $25??? per segment. International you pay the taxes which could be as high as $250 each way and the same biz/1st class per segment fee. Good luck getting a non rev seat though- they are always either booked full or oversold. I nonrev on DL and they seemed to have more open seats. Hope this helps.

I don't fly,
my neighbors don't fly,
my co-workers don't fly,
my friends don't fly, and
my family don't fly anything NW.
Sorry can't help you.

I don't fly,
my neighbors don't fly,
my co-workers don't fly,
my friends don't fly, and
my family don't fly anything NW.
Sorry can't help you.
wow! I thought trying to non-rev on US was bad! Sounds like NWA is worse..

Thank Doug Steenland. This is the new northwest. This is the new "every carrier". Reduce the number of seats, max out the loads. There is no room for mechanicals or delays as it affects the rest of the flights throughout the day and the next day. Non-Rev is a by-gone mode of travel. If you absolutely HAVE to be somewhere, you better buy a ticket.

wow! I thought trying to non-rev on US was bad! Sounds like NWA is worse..

Thank Doug Steenland. This is the new northwest. This is the new "every carrier". Reduce the number of seats, max out the loads. There is no room for mechanicals or delays as it affects the rest of the flights throughout the day and the next day. Non-Rev is a by-gone mode of travel. If you absolutely HAVE to be somewhere, you better buy a ticket.
It's really not that bad. I non-rev frequently, and my parents and companions have made a combined total of over a dozen trips this year. My wife even made it to and from Vegas from MSP last week. You just have to be a little creative and avoid certain times of the week for certain destinations.

probably its easy for u cuz all mgm get freebies travel whereas employees get shafted regardless
No, it's just regular standby just like everybody else. The companion passes I've given out are at the bottom of the nonrev priority ranking, and they've been very successful as well.

No, it's just regular standby just like everybody else.

Except you're on a "3" instead of a "5." And it is free (not companions) for you even if you have less than 5 years of service.

The companion passes I've given out are at the bottom of the nonrev priority ranking, and they've been very successful as well.

Do companions of non-contract employees have to fly with the employee, or can the go by themselves? Also, do your parents when traveling without you go on a 3 or 6P?

As for the other posts in this thread, I have to agree that non-revving is not worth the hassle. It used to be that aside from the west coast, Hawaii, and the "sun cities," most places were a lock to get to.

No more. Now, even out of the way places are packed, and you have to be verrry flexible in your plans; a luxury most Ground Ops folks no longer have.

To me, it's worth it to just buy an ID20 and be done with it.

Night Ice: If you're looking for an airline gig strictly for the pass travel, shop around...Most carriers have a better program than NWA.

Except you're on a "3" instead of a "5." And it is free (not companions) for you even if you have less than 5 years of service.

Do companions of non-contract employees have to fly with the employee, or can the go by themselves? Also, do your parents when traveling without you go on a 3 or 6P?

As for the other posts in this thread, I have to agree that non-revving is not worth the hassle. It used to be that aside from the west coast, Hawaii, and the "sun cities," most places were a lock to get to.

No more. Now, even out of the way places are packed, and you have to be verrry flexible in your plans; a luxury most Ground Ops folks no longer have.

Night Ice: If you're looking for an airline gig strictly for the pass travel, shop around...Most carriers have a better program than NWA.
Companions can fly solo as long as they're going to/from the employee home base, as you posted on other thread. It's made the program whole for me, as it's usually friends from MSP or family coming to MSP that need them. I don't think there are any differences in contract vs non-contract as far as companion passes are concerned.

My parents fly as 6P.

Kev,
Thanks. I was just curious. Like I already mentioned, I non-rev all the time - with family. I am really surprised at the buddy pass policies. At our carrier, we have 8 passes per yr to give out- to anyone- doesn't matter where they want to go as long as there is no embargo. It's not too hard to get places - just have to plan and be flexible.

Kev, Please explain the ID20......

Kev, Please explain the ID20......
I'm not Kev (obviously) but the ID20 is Interline Discount-20% for airline employees, in particular each employee's airline. This 20% is off the lowest-priced ticket available on the airline. It is not a standby ticket. You are flying just like a regular confirmed, ticketed passenger but with a 20% discount. Not bad if you really absolutely have to get from point-a to point-b.

I'm not Kev (obviously) but the ID20 is Interline Discount-20% for airline employees, in particular each employee's airline. This 20% is off the lowest-priced ticket available on the airline. It is not a standby ticket. You are flying just like a regular confirmed, ticketed passenger but with a 20% discount. Not bad if you really absolutely have to get from point-a to point-b.

Exactly.

Only difference between it and an ID90 is the the cost is based on the lowest available fare, as opposed to the lowest published fare, so you still have to plan ahead a little bit if you want to maximize your savings....Also, in addition to all the "rights" of a regular traveler, you also have the same "responsibilities" (i. $100 change fee, etc.)

Since we bid our vacation for the upcoming year in Oct., it's a good thing to use if you're planning a specific trip somewhere; no headaches, looking up waitlists, etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.