Pit Airmall Very Likely To Reopen To Public

What's your point? They're all the same. I walked through the Airmall twice and photographed one of the concourses. I'm amazed any of the retailers are still there.

That picture is of D concourse where NW, DL, CO, HP, AA, ATA, and AirTran are located.

OOPS posted the wrong picture.

:huh:

AKA_trvlr64 said:
That picture is of D concourse where NW, DL, CO, HP, AA, ATA, and AirTran are located.

OOPS posted the wrong picture.

:huh:
Are you incapable of reading? I walked through the Airmall twice, going from one concourse to another, and THEY'RE ALL THE SAME. EMPTY!!!

JS,

Just asked because I've heard that "A" is a ghost town much of the time. I don't get over there anymore since there's no mainline flights there.

From personal experience (4 different times on my last trip changing planes each time with a 2-1/2 hr productivity break once), "B" and the central area were bustling this last Friday & Saturday.

Jim

I'm very familiar with that spot. I often find myself in the waiting lounge just off to the right of the frame. And I've seen it hopping around there as well, though not too often.

Right behind JS's back when he took that photo was two empty gates.

BoeingBoy said:
JS,

Just asked because I've heard that "A" is a ghost town much of the time. I don't get over there anymore since there's no mainline flights there.

From personal experience (4 different times on my last trip changing planes each time with a 2-1/2 hr productivity break once), "B" and the central area were bustling this last Friday & Saturday.

Jim
Is there a Hotlicks in concourse A? I didn't see one in D, but I thought there was one in each concourse. Maybe just the "busier" concourses?

Mmmmmm... fried mozzarella sticks, Dr. Pepper and a cig! :)

In my opinion, this is awful, terrible news. One of the few changes that passengers can see is that non-passengers (with minor exceptions) are not allowed past security check-points. If we allow non-passengers beyond security check-points, many Americans and potential airline customers will begin to ask, "What has really changed since 9/11?"

The answer, will unfortunately be, not much.

The primary roll of an airport is safe passage from point a to point b... Not the "retail" experience. While I sympathize with PIT, and understand they need to find new sources of revenue, I believe they should not come at the expense of safety.

Don't know about the Hot Licks on "A" - or any of the others for that matter. I usually get my dose of grease at MickyD's with dessert from Auntie Annes.

Jim

funguy, the answer was "not much" anyway. Honestly, they've done a Titanic deck-chair rearrangement and said that nobody would ever mess with us again. As if it were that simple.

JS said:
Are you incapable of reading? I walked through the Airmall twice, going from one concourse to another, and THEY'RE ALL THE SAME. EMPTY!!!
Yes I can read. I was posting my response as you were posting yours. Look at the time stamp on our postings.

GET OVER YOURSELF!!

And we all know why they're empty.

So again.........GET OVER YOURSELF!!