PIT got it's SHARES of problems, too

ClueByFour

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
One of my employees just called me to let me know that the lead story on the 6pm news in Pittsburgh is the fact that the US Airways meltdown apparently extended itself to PIT.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/11288256/detail.html

Line was out the door to the ticket counter. For those of you familiar with PIT, you know how impressive that is.

Now, given that PIT has not had weather that closed the airport lately, you have to wonder WTF the deal is..... I smell shares....

The poor agents were having a hard enough time getting this jacka$$ res system working on a good day let alone through the storm we just had. Sure the storm was bad but the way the company handled it alongside the way this res system operates and there is your answer as to why PIT got screwed too.

Now, given that PIT has not had weather that closed the airport lately, you have to wonder WTF the deal is..... I smell shares....
PIT was closed Friday morning for about 4 hours due to sleet and snow. In addition, the kiosks were down. Security did not allow any non-rev through w/o ID...meaning any retiree or parent trying to non-rev somewhere was screwed. The line at the ticket counter was so long that they would not take care of any non-revs...this mess is so far reaching. Uh, sorry mom and dad, you can't go anywhere this weekend even if you wanted to......SHARES strikes again...and Tempe wants to still blame it on the weather.

Song, you know your gonna be told in a minute on here that you should be glad you HAVE benefits to fly and that they are just that BENEFITS. This system is so F'd it's beyond belief. Just as F'd as everything they have messed with. EVERYTHING they touch gets broken. That may be the ONLY words I'd agree with Mike Flores on. How terrible a situation. Though not responsible for the weather the companies care and concern for employee/passenger clearly shows.

Song, you know your gonna be told in a minute on here that you should be glad you HAVE benefits to fly and that they are just that BENEFITS. This system is so F'd it's beyond belief. Just as F'd as everything they have messed with. EVERYTHING they touch gets broken. That may be the ONLY words I'd agree with Mike Flores on. How terrible a situation. Though not responsible for the weather the companies care and concern for employee/passenger clearly shows.
Yo Pro, You're absolutely right...that's why we BUY tix when we need to be somewhere. If only they had not let ME through security when I had to come out on this crappy 13 leg 3 day trip yesterday morning......however I have to thank SHARES for making me over two hours hard time on this trip....and tomorrow is our 6 leg day. Think we'll get at least an hour more and end up w/ our 3 day being worth over 20---just like the old days. Pushing back from the gate and waiting at LEAST 15 minutes for W/B is a big cha-ching for my hours. Seeing all the pax stranded in the terminal though really sucks......just looked up on PIT option 18 that they called out a whole crew to work PIT-CLT today...but x-led the CLT-PBI-DCA portion...i just do not get it !

Security did not allow any non-rev through w/o ID...meaning any retiree or parent trying to non-rev somewhere was screwed. The line at the ticket counter was so long that they would not take care of any non-revs...this mess is so far reaching.

sky high states: I heard that over 60 agents in PHL called in "Sick" over FRIDAY and the WEEKEND, TRUE or FALSE?

:down: :down:

only stating opinions

I bet we post a loss for the quarter, and a healthy one at that. Someone, please pull us outta this spiral!! :blink: :down:

sky high states: I heard that over 60 agents in PHL called in "Sick" over FRIDAY and the WEEKEND, TRUE or FALSE?
I don't know about that but in CLT today I had two agents tell me that other GA were just plain no-showing. I took that as they just didn't show up...perhaps it was meant that they called in sick. Whichever, she said that they were really short....I thanked them for even showing up today. I would NEVER do their job !

I don't know about that but in CLT today I had two agents tell me that other GA were just plain no-showing. I took that as they just didn't show up...perhaps it was meant that they called in sick. Whichever, she said that they were really short....I thanked them for even showing up today. I would NEVER do their job !
Uh, let's see, for the new hires, $9/ hr to be screamed at, belittled, threatened, abused, and spit on. Hmm, no, I think I'll take the job at Target instead. The medical coverage is better as well...... :unsure:

Uh, let's see, for the new hires, $9/ hr to be screamed at, belittled, threatened, abused, and spit on. Hmm, no, I think I'll take the job at Target instead. The medical coverage is better as well...... :unsure:
Wal-Mart is 10 bucks and you get to pass out smiley buttons.....hhhhmmmmmm....

Honestly folks. Look at the last few posts. It is the absolute truth. Why wouldn't anyone just say screw it and not show up. WHAT are you really giving up or losing I should say? NOTHING. Flight benefits? Yeah you can't even use them. This company is becomming a bigger joke as the days roll by.

Rudy's BBQ in Texas starts you at $9.50/hr and man is that good eatin'

The folks who come in are friendly. It'a amazing! When you have a good product that people literally line up to buy just how enjoyable things can be.
There is a lesson in all of this, not sure what it is though.
Does this apply to US Airways passengers in PHL & PIT? :eek:

Rudy's BBQ in Texas starts you at $9.50/hr and man is that good eatin'

Where is that in Texas?

Latest posts