Pit-Phl-Pit and Us f/a's

Status
Not open for further replies.

swcokeslinger

Dec 26, 2007
I am new on the board and wanted to find out everyone's opinions on the scores of US f/a's we carry for free from PIT to PHL and back. I have a couple of observations from working these flights. First why do we fly so many segments between these cities when the majority of people on the plane are f/a's from US flying for free. With the price of fuel so high, these people are costing us profits. It would not be so bad if these people were not so miserable and always causing problems at the gate. I have heard so many stories from other coworkers on their horrible behavior at the gate dealing with boarding and who gets on.

I have talked to many other f/a's here and nobody seems to use US to get anywhere. Why are we chipping away at our profits to carry these people for free?

Any thoughts on this subject and why we fly so many flights back and forth from PIT-PHL-PIT when the are light with fare paying passengers?

I am new on the board and wanted to find out everyone's opinions on the scores of US f/a's we carry for free from PIT to PHL and back. I have a couple of observations from working these flights. First why do we fly so many segments between these cities when the majority of people on the plane are f/a's from US flying for free. With the price of fuel so high, these people are costing us profits. It would not be so bad if these people were not so miserable and always causing problems at the gate. I have heard so many stories from other coworkers on their horrible behavior at the gate dealing with boarding and who gets on.

I have talked to many other f/a's here and nobody seems to use US to get anywhere. Why are we chipping away at our profits to carry these people for free?

Any thoughts on this subject and why we fly so many flights back and forth from PIT-PHL-PIT when the are light with fare paying passengers?

I am one of those flight attendants that use SW for FREE as you put it. And I hate to break it to you, but alot of SW flight attendants use us for free. Just because it is not you or one of your friends doesn't mean it isn't happening.

The fact that YOU have the option as we do on lots of other airlines ( not just SW) is an example of appreciation for all flight attendants of all carriers that have "cabin agreements".

So, with all due respect (actually NO.....you are not showing me nor my fellow co-workers ANY respects with this thread).....SHOVE IT!!!!

I have had a few NASTY flight attendants on SW, but most have been more than accomidating.

Don't be so selfish "coke slinger".

I am one of those flight attendants that use SW for FREE as you put it. And I hate to break it to you, but alot of SW flight attendants use us for free. Just because it is not you or one of your friends doesn't mean it isn't happening.

The fact that YOU have the option as we do on lots of other airlines ( not just SW) is an example of appreciation for all flight attendants of all carriers that have "cabin agreements".

So, with all due respect (actually NO.....you are not showing me nor my fellow co-workers ANY respects with this thread).....SHOVE IT!!!!

I have had a few NASTY flight attendants on SW, but most have been more than accomidating.

Thank you for helping solidify the point I was trying to make. This type of attitude is excactly the kind I was speaking about in my original post.

Actually, if I didn't know better, I'd say that avion has created a new handle and is posing as a Southwest employee - he's made several posts (as avion) about the number of US employees who fly Southwest between PIT and PHL. When posting as a US employee, he's pot stirring. When posting as a Southwest employee, he might get other US employees ticked off at WN. Just a thought.

Actually, if I didn't know better, I'd say that avion has created a new handle and is posing as a Southwest employee - he's made several posts (as avion) about the number of US employees who fly Southwest between PIT and PHL. When posting as a US employee, he's pot stirring. When posting as a Southwest employee, he might get other US employees ticked off at WN. Just a thought.
Think whatever you want. Can't someone join and post for the first time?

I don't care who I am gettting a free ride on, it's a FREE ride to work, or more importantly, home to your family. All non revving employees need to mind their manners on each others airlines, and just as important, no one should deny these people a ride home. Don't forget what the alternative is, driving or moving....

Thank you for helping solidify the point I was trying to make. This type of attitude is excactly the kind I was speaking about in my original post.

Solidify what point?

When I fly on SW I am VERY NICE to all the agents and flight attendants. All I am doing right now is reacting to your stupid post. You are COMPLAINING about something that is a benefit to you as well.

And your original post said "you have heard of..." Have you actually witnessed? We have all "heard" of something.

Dude you need to get a life and stop worrying about what other people are doing for FREE. It is not hurting you!

Although, I must admit that flying phl-pit-phl is one of my least favorite city pairs to fly due to its short duration and the volume of non-revs, all US employees I have encountered have been extremely pleasant and appreciative. Thats my 2 cents!

Although, I must admit that flying phl-pit-phl is one of my least favorite city pairs to fly due to its short duration and the volume of non-revs, all US employees I have encountered have been extremely pleasant and appreciative. Thats my 2 cents!
So why do we keep flying so many segments when all we are carrying around is US non revs, paying nothing while we burn all that fuel? Reduce the number of frequencies we fly between these cities.

I'd guess that there's a much higher than average percentage of business class flyers paying full fare. If the RASM is higher than the CASM--SWA will keep flying the route with high frequency.

So why do we keep flying so many segments when all we are carrying around is US non revs, paying nothing while we burn all that fuel? Reduce the number of frequencies we fly between these cities.
swcokeslinger, if this is that much of a concern perhaps you should contact Mr. Kelly and tell him how the F/A's from other airlines are causing the demise of SWA. Seriously, you should take the time and send Mr. Kelly an email if your that concerned about, complaining about it here on this forum will do absolutely no good.

I have flown in and out of PIT and PHL numerous times and have always encountered courteous and greatful US non-revs. Many of these US F/As would be welcome additions to our airline. I have flown with many WN pilots who commute off-line on US and voice that they are always well treated.

It can't be "avion". The sentences were interspersed with punctuation, and the message was coherent.

We carry a lot of WN commuters out of PHX on US. I take WN alot for my commute home to SO CAL and I thank you and love all you guys and gals for the free rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.