Pit Rampers Wakeup

Ramp Rogue

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
As I have been saying for years now, HIRE DATE SENIORITY means everything to a Ramp Agent. For whatever reason, the die hard classification seniority supporters continue to have the upper hand. But now though, Pit has come into focus with the recent news to downgrade, close down, or scale back Pit. With that being done real soon, and the possibility of Pit agents having to transfer to other stations, HIRE DATE SENIORITY is going to become a very valuable commodity. You Pit agents will find that because of classification seniority, when the layoffs, transfers, and or furloughs occur that you will have agents that will still be able to stay in pit because of classification seniority. Which in effect means that junior agents will not be forced to move to other cities while senior agents will have to make that decision. With HIRE DATE SENIORITY the most junior agents will have that decision to make. If you think that is fair, I suggest that you bombard the iam with grievances for a HIRE DATE SENIORITY system before it's to late. Remember last hired, first fired!

For those of you on the ramp in pit, if you are furloughed or have to transfer to keep your job, I hope that the time doesn't come when you regret not fighting for your seniority. It's going to hurt your family more than you may realize now, when you have to pack up and move to another station or accept a furlough and there are junior agents to you that are still working in Pit. I suggest you heed my advice. You'll be thankful in the long run.