PIT to FRA

snnus

Oct 20, 2005
Ireland
Visit site
Is it true U.S are thinking of reinstating
PIT-FRA?. I dont think PIT would have the
connections available to make this viable??.
Thats the only news for Europe next year so far...

Attachments

• usclose.jpg
    usclose.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 70
Is it true U.S are thinking of reinstating
PIT-FRA?. I dont think PIT would have the
connections available to make this viable??.
Thats the only news for Europe next year so far...

Doug Parker stated at yesterday's PIT meeting that they plan to keep PIT "as is" for two years. If PIT makes money it will grow, if it does not make money it will shrink. Didn't sound like nothing new was going to happen here.

Doug Parker stated at yesterday's PIT meeting that they plan to keep PIT "as is" for two years. If PIT makes money it will grow, if it does not make money it will shrink. Didn't sound like nothing new was going to happen here.

How can PIT make $$$ when more and more flights are taken away? As WN increases it's presence in PIT, US is only eliminating flights. The cutbacks are just forcing the customer base here, what's left of it, to fly the other carriers.

Isn't that why this airline has been in trouble? Because it sits around and does nothing?

If PIT makes money, add flights. If PIT loses money, get rid of flights. But don't sit around for two years and do nothing. If it's making money, you've lost two years worth of opportunities. If it's losing money, you've just needlessly lost money for two years. It won't, no, it *shouldn't* take them two years to figure out what's up.

How can PIT make $$$ when more and more flights are taken away? As WN increases it's presence in PIT, US is only eliminating flights. The cutbacks are just forcing the customer base here, what's left of it, to fly the other carriers.

The PIT customer base is a bunch of whiners when it comes to the schedule.

WN flys to 5 n/s destinations: MCO, TPA, MDW, LAS, and PHX. And they're going to grow whether we like it or not, because that's what mutants do. :eye:

In the January schedule, US flys nonstop to:

ABE
ALB
AOO
ART
ATL
AVP
BDL
BFD
BNA
BOS
BUF
BWI
CKB
CLT
CMH
CRW
CUN
DAY
DCA
DEN
DFW
DTW
DUJ
ERI
EWR
FKL
FLL
GSO
HGR
HPN
IAD
IND
JHW
JST
LAS
LAX
LGA
LNS
LWB
MCO
MDT
MGW
MHT
MIA
MSY
ORD
ORF
PBI
PHL
PHX
PKB
PVD
RDU
RIC
ROC
RSW
SAN
SDF
SEA
SFO
SHD
SJU
STL
SYR
TPA
YYZ

Yeah, I guess you're right: WN is kicking us out...

Look, this is what it all boils down to, we offer a far superior product to the turd brown bus. WN does not have an airport club in PIT, or any other airport for that matter. WN does not upgrade anybody. WN does not have F. WN doesn't take you to PHL and then on to CDG (wait, maybe that's a good thing). And while WN flies to a whopping 60 destinations, we now serve more than 200. Does it stink you might have to take a connection once in a while? Well, yeah, but we'll get you where you want to go and once the fare restructure is fully in place WN isn't always the lowest fare.

OK, I'll step off the soapbox now.

The PIT customer base is a bunch of whiners when it comes to the schedule.

WN flys to 5 n/s destinations: MCO, TPA, MDW, LAS, and PHX. And they're going to grow whether we like it or not, because that's what mutants do. :eye:

In the January schedule, US flys nonstop to:

ABE
ALB
AOO
ART
ATL
AVP
BDL
BFD
BNA
BOS
BUF
BWI
CKB
CLT
CMH
CRW
CUN
DAY
DCA
DEN
DFW
DTW
DUJ
ERI
EWR
FKL
FLL
GSO
HGR
HPN
IAD
IND
JHW
JST
LAS
LAX
LGA
LNS
LWB
MCO
MDT
MGW
MHT
MIA
MSY
ORD
ORF
PBI
PHL
PHX
PKB
PVD
RDU
RIC
ROC
RSW
SAN
SDF
SEA
SFO
SHD
SJU
STL
SYR
TPA
YYZ

Yeah, I guess you're right: WN is kicking us out...

Look, this is what it all boils down to, we offer a far superior product to the turd brown bus. WN does not have an airport club in PIT, or any other airport for that matter. WN does not upgrade anybody. WN does not have F. WN doesn't take you to PHL and then on to CDG (wait, maybe that's a good thing). And while WN flies to a whopping 60 destinations, we now serve more than 200. Does it stink you might have to take a connection once in a while? Well, yeah, but we'll get you where you want to go and once the fare restructure is fully in place WN isn't always the lowest fare.

OK, I'll step off the soapbox now.

Don't worry I'll kick the soapbox out from under you. Let me tell you WHY.........as a WHINEY PIT CUSTOMER!!!

Using a few your flights listed above. Of which your list is somewhat WRONG!......we loose DFW, DTW,SAN and SEA nonstops in JANUARY!! And LAX goes to 2 single flights a day.

WHO in their right mind would fly PIT to CMH? It's a 2 hour drive in my very nice car versus flying in a SAAB 340 or a DASH 8.

WHO is their right mind would fly PIT to MDT? It's a 2.5 hour drive in my very nice car versus again in those lovely DASH 8's.

HHMMMM cost of gasoline versus a ticket in a puddle jumper?! That's hard to figure out.....NOT!

Let's be realistic. My post wasn't a US vs WN. US shrunk PIT and will continue to shrink PIT. Granted WN is adding flights to destinations that they know will make $$$$. US hasn't done this. And probably WON'T by the looks of things. OH wait?!! They added ITH and BGM. I don't think many PIT customers need to fly to these fun and exciting destinations. But I could be wrong. :eek:

And by the way.....as a whiney PIT customer who has flown every airline that flies into and out of PIT. EVERY AIRLINE can be called a TURD. You airline people crack me up when continue call WN the big brown turd. Have you ever flown WN? Are you guys that jealous that they have continued to make money when you've lost, lost and lost more money? Or is it that my expectations of US should always be HIGHER than those of any other airline?

And as for connections.....I don't mind since I'm a BIG FAT MILE/SEGMENT WHORE!! I'll just get to US1 status much faster. And I'll sit my BIG FAT US1 booty in those FC seats and enjoy the view. I don't mind connecting when it's to destinations that REQUIRE a connection. But once again, US only adds nonstops to destinations that don't make sense. Why cut back LAX and SFO and totally remove SAN and SEA?. I guess us whiney PIT customers only go to places like ITH and BGM and CMH and MDT.

Add flights to PHX just like WN did when the merger was announced. Add flights to ORD just like WN did when the merger was announced. Add them to LAS just like WN did when the merger was announced. Funny how they shot across the US bow on that. And add them at good regular intervals too.

That is what US should do.

WHO in their right mind would fly PIT to CMH? It's a 2 hour drive in my very nice car versus flying in a SAAB 340 or a DASH 8.

WHO is their right mind would fly PIT to MDT? It's a 2.5 hour drive in my very nice car versus again in those lovely DASH 8's.

Um, because that's exactly the WN model? Maybe we're doing exactly what you suggested.

Granted WN is adding flights to destinations that they know will make $$$$.

Well, now, that's just awful. We'll try that, too. Thanks for the suggestion. Schedules don't get revamped 2 months ago.

And by the way.....as a whiney PIT customer who has flown every airline that flies into and out of PIT. EVERY AIRLINE can be called a TURD. You airline people crack me up when continue call WN the big brown turd. Have you ever flown WN?

Phrequently. And you can, too

You clearly missed the point of my post, but thank you for reposting the entire thing for all to read. WN, nor any other airline wil ever, ever, ever offer the service we do in PIT. You don't like our amenities? That's fine, we'll reserve them for those that can appreciate what we offer instead of crying about the far superior schedule and upgrades we dole out.

You clearly missed the point of my post, but thank you for reposting the entire thing for all to read. WN, nor any other airline wil ever, ever, ever offer the service we do in PIT. You don't like our amenities? That's fine, we'll reserve them for those that can appreciate what we offer instead of crying about the far superior schedule and upgrades we dole out.

I missed nothing about your post. You're posting all the cities that are serviced out of PIT. Big deal. Why was PIT chosen over PHL for the ITH and BGM flights? Too many flights in PHL maybe? We all know the WN business model.

And thank you for the link to Southwest's website. I use it about as much as I use the USAirways website. And it is much better infact. I got to tell this to someone in Tempe recently when they called to ask my opinion of the website.

And please tell me what AMENITIES US offers that are far superior to WN.......EXCEPT FIRST CLASS. That's a no brainer.....oh wait someone in the US marketing dept tried to use that stupid tag line already.

Except for First Class and destinations outside of the United States, your product is identical to WN. Oh I will say I have to have an assigned seat. So YES US does beat WN on that. So what other amenities are you bestowing on us? CLUBS? I pay for that. It's not free. Tell me what you think US does better than WN?

So back to my original POINT. My post wasn't to scream tit for tat that US is better than WN or vice versa. My posting was in response to the comment that......

US isn't making any move IMO to increase the frequency to destinations that will make $$$. So unless US starts to increase something, whether it's frequency to PHL, PHX and CLT or to the additions of destinations to where people want to spend their $$$ on, US will continue to loose customers.

Whiney or Not.

I was at the town hall meeting yesterday. When the question was asked about Frankfurt. DP replied by saying that US was in conversation with area companies and community leaders. The co. is trying to find out if they can do it and be profitable.There was some discussion as to past flights being profitable or not.
As for the decreased number of nonstop flights out of PIT that US offers, the people of the Pittsburgh metro area are getting what they have been asking for all along.
They complained that the fares were too high, not realizing that they could walk into PIT's airport and get on a US nonstop flight to about anywhere they wanted to go. The ability to do that always comes with a price. Now you have WN to take you to a few select cities.