Please Explain:

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Once again the rumor mill is in full operation! Can Bob Owens or Ken Mactiernan please explain AMFA's position on granting the ex TWAers full seniority once they win the election. Also, what is the status of the class action lawsuit on the TWA seniority issue!

If this is true that AMFA is for this course of action, I am sorry to say that you just lost THIS AMFA vote!

Hopeful said:
Once again the rumor mill is in full operation! Can Bob Owens or Ken Mactiernan please explain AMFA's position on granting the ex TWAers full seniority once they win the election. Also, what is the status of the class action lawsuit on the TWA seniority issue!

If this is true that AMFA is for this course of action, I am sorry to say that you just lost THIS AMFA vote!
Relax. What exactly did you hear?

The fact is that the Kasher decision stands, regardless of what union is in place.

As far as the court case challenging Kasher, the only one I know of was put forth by Local 501, trying to strip ex TWA workers of their 25%.

Ex TWA members could push for a change come the next round of negotiations, however success is unlikely due to the fact that at integration there were only 7000 TWA members as opposed to over 30,000 AA members. Demographically TWA was a much older group and a large percentage of those 7000 workers will not even be around for the next round.

Don't get me wrong. I don't trust much of anyone or anything these days. I keep hearing about some law suit against the Kasher ruling.

I am also concerned about AMFA and it's "universal" seniority stance.

Relax Hopeful, surely you jest. You wouldn't sell out your AMFA vote so cheaply would you? The rumors you hear are due to Dave Stewart telling the TWAers they would regain their seniority if AMFA got in at MCIE. Just a weak recruitment ploy that he is quickly backpeddalling on, not to worry. You'll soon see a lot of weak promises he made that won't hold water, now that they received their card count their mission is through.

Johnny Lunchbox said:
Relax Hopeful, surely you jest. You wouldn't sell out your AMFA vote so cheaply would you? The rumors you hear are due to Dave Stewart telling the TWAers they would regain their seniority if AMFA got in at MCIE. Just a weak recruitment ploy that he is quickly backpeddalling on, not to worry. You'll soon see a lot of weak promises he made that won't hold water, now that they received their card count their mission is through.
jl, AMFA's mission will never be over. AMFA will ALWAYS defend our profession? Why you ask? because AMFA is the membership.

The only thing that is over is your free supply of p&J. Oh, and the twu's representation of AMTs at AA.

Ken MacTiernan said:
jl, AMFA's mission will never be over. AMFA will ALWAYS defend our profession? Why you ask? because AMFA is the membership.

The only thing that is over is your free supply of p&J. Oh, and the twu's representation of AMTs at AA.
jl, AMFA's mission will never be over. AMFA will ALWAYS defend our profession? Why you ask? because AMFA is the membership

Ken, are you saying that AMFA will uphold the values of the AA workers and neglect the TWA /AA workers?
So, because we are outnumbered at MCI, MCI will never have a voice?

MCI AFL-CIO said:
Ken, are you saying that AMFA will uphold the values of the AA workers and neglect the TWA /AA workers?
So, because we are outnumbered at MCI, MCI will never have a voice?
To be in the minority is one thing, to not have a voice is another.

One of the problems that we have in this current union is that fact that Tulsa sits there like an 800 lb Gorilla. I can accept majority rule but only after we all have our say and are able to present our arguements. The International has for years only catered to Tulsa in order to get concesssionary contracts passed. If the line guys were given the opportunity to share their feelings with the Tulsa guys perhaps we would not be where we are now.

If the TWU guys can present, and they should be allowed to, their arguement as to why they should get full occupational seniority system wide then what ever the majority decides, not the President of one local, but the majority of the members, would and should carry.

The Presidents council should be like the Senate. One man, one vote. If you have 7000 members and you are against something then your 7000 members can reject it. The fate of 12000 mechanics should not rest on the feelings of one man, especially if that man is Randy McDonald.

Hopeful said:
I am also concerned about AMFA and it's "universal" seniority stance.
AMFA is not for universal seniority but rather skill recognition for pay purposes. You should be recognized for your time in the industry if AA were to go under and have to start over again. Yes you will start over seniority wise, but for pay purposes you would be payed according to your time in the industry. Perfect example is all the TWAers that the twu has allowed to be laid off. If AMFA was at their next airline and had negotiated skill recognition into the contract, they would start for pay purposes only, at whatever step on the pay scale their time in the industry brings.

Listen, I am an AMFA supporter. Like I stated already, the TWA seniority issue is a hot one. Mechanics at JFK were affected by the TWA mechanics who came in. Layoffs came around, they stayed, original AAers hit the street. Same in Line Cargo. No one as answered me on the "lawsuit" filed by TWAers to contest the Kasher decsion. I am being honest to say that the seniority issue is such a strong one, it would affect my vote. Personally I have not been affected by the TWA people in respect to occupational seniority, but I see many others who have been bumped off shifts as well as onto the street. If you want me to see AMFA at any cost, I would have to object. Giving them 100% occupational would be most devastating to JFK

You may want to take Knobby's website with a grain of salt. We do, but if he helps your cause, go for it.

Hopeful said:
Listen, I am an AMFA supporter. Like I stated already, the TWA seniority issue is a hot one. Mechanics at JFK were affected by the TWA mechanics who came in. Layoffs came around, they stayed, original AAers hit the street. Same in Line Cargo. No one as answered me on the "lawsuit" filed by TWAers to contest the Kasher decsion. I am being honest to say that the seniority issue is such a strong one, it would affect my vote. Personally I have not been affected by the TWA people in respect to occupational seniority, but I see many others who have been bumped off shifts as well as onto the street. If you want me to see AMFA at any cost, I would have to object. Giving them 100% occupational would be most devastating to JFK
Listen, I am an AMFA supporter. Like I stated already, the TWA seniority issue is a hot one

Hopeful, The best of my knowledge, the lawsuit you speak of was started in St.Louis, by mechanics, AMFA supporters, there have been a few from MCI sending monies to the representing lawyer. I have not heard of any information lately,

AMFA IS NOT THE ANSWER TO THE TWA SENIORITY INTEGRATION ISSUE.

NO VOTE - NO PEACE

NO PEACE - NO UNITY

NO UNITY - NO ADVANCEMENTS

Latest posts