Please Keep Boarding Passes Out of Your Mouth

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
How many times a day, while your boarding your flight, do you look up at the line of passengers waiting to board, and see them put their paper boarding pass in their mouth, while they use their hands to do other tasks??? Then when they get closer to you to board, they pull the boarding pass, out of their mouth, and hand it to you. I don't know about you, but with the H1N1 virus out of control. I really don't think it's a good idea to touch it. Maybe we need to put up signs at all ticket counters, asking passengers, not to put tickets in their mouths.

In our city we have developed a new secret system to alert our co-workers of Ticket-In-Mouth passengers. If I'm boarding the flight, and my co-worker sees one while I'm busy, he tells me that TIM is coming. (Ticket-In-Mouth). That is my signal to look up at the line of passengers, to see which one is guilty. When TIM goes to hand me his moist boarding pass, I just say, Thank you Mr. Scott Smith, your seat is 5A. Your all set to board, and I don't collect the BP. My co-worker reprints a new clean BP for Scott Smith 5A, and we use that clean one. Hope this system helps other agents while boarding their flights.

Open to other ideas that help too. I guess we are not alone. My neice is a Bank teller, and she tells me customers put cash in their mouths all the time.

Hope everyone has a good immune system! I think with the ramp sick policy we should change our motto to " sharing is caring!" . If I get sick with the swine flu and pass it at work let me appologize in advance to whom ever may contact it and their families.

This is grossing me out just reading this... but it doesn't surprise me, as I've seen fellow pax doing it. Then again, I wonder what other places boarding passes go? Ewww...

Long before H1N1, I've gotten to the point of trying to keep a pen with me at all times. When using credit cards and such where you have to sign, I try never to use the store's pen, for the same reasons you won't touch a TIM's BP. One doesn't know where that pen has been.

I'll just keep taking Elderberry, Vitamin C, and Astragilia Root, all good immunity boosters. Stay healthy everyone.

Hope everyone has a good immune system! I think with the ramp sick policy we should change our motto to " sharing is caring!" . If I get sick with the swine flu and pass it at work let me appologize in advance to whom ever may contact it and their families.

freedom:
You bring up a very good point. In my station lots of my co workers are currently sick & shouldn't be working. However due to the "sick policy" they are afraid to call out & are coming in sick. Other business are telling their employees with flu symptoms to stay home, but not US.

If any one in corp. is reading this you better take note & WAKE UP. This is a HUGE problem.

If Im boarding the flight and I see that, I ask THEM to have their tkt reprinted-when they ask why?
I politly say you've had your tkt in your mouth. they are speechless!

Dont care IM not getting ill with THeir DNA.

And last week, a woman BLANTENLY CAUGHED IN MY FACE and her old man said NOTHING!

I walked away, RETUrned in front of her with a huge gallon of hand sanitizer and a can of Lysol!

They can write me up- this I WILL NOT STAND FOR!

Also -if you don't have it already, is it unreasonable to ask your station managers to stock a bottle of hand sanitizer at each gate for the agents to use?

FWIW, there is now hand sanitizer in the Clubs.

FWIW, there is now hand sanitizer in the Clubs.

And the training center in CLT has hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the hallways. They should put one behind every check-in podium and counter for the agents. And the agents should be given a supply of non-allergic plastic gloves to take boarding passes. Thye flight attendants use gloves on the airplanes....what logic would preclude agents having the same precautions available?

Actually you should thank the pax that put their boarding passes in their mouths for reminding you to wash your hands after each flight is boarded...I don't believe in those anti-bacterial gels, btw. Want to know a secret? Most use bathrooms and don't wash their hands, but you don't see it. They touch their boarding passes and hand them to the gate agents and fas.

Protect yourself and wash your hands after handling anything a Kettle hands you or touches!

phx has hand sanitizers at each gate position and at the end of each loading bridge as well as at PAC, BSO, ticket counter locations

The Boarding passes are in their mouth because of the bag fees and food charges. If your hands are full of luggage and food the only place for your boarding pass is the mouth.