POLL: If DL/NW and UA/CO merge, who would you want to see US merge with?

If DL/NW and UA/CO merge, who do you see as the ideal merger partner for US?

• Alaska - AS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aloha - AQ

• American - AA

• Hawaiian - HA

• Frontier - F9

• JetBlue - B6

• Midwest - YX

• Southwest - WN

• Virgin America - VX

• Total voters

TravelDude

Advanced
Nov 21, 2003
I think most US employees would not want another merger, especially considering the US/HP is far from complete. But Doug had made clear he wants US to become larger. So if merger is in the future I ask the question to the fellow people reading this forum who would you like to see US merge with if DL/NW and UA/CO link up.

PER MODERATOR RICHARD:
(My previous poll he closed)
"The topic of a merger is already being discussed. There is no need for another thread."

SO DO NOT DISCUSS IN THE POST, THIS POST IS ONLY TO POLL/VOTE ON WHICH CARRIER YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE US MERGER WITH.

I merged the discussion into the other thread. Please ONLY vote on this thread.

Discussion may continue in the original thread started by PITBull.

Thank you.

May I at least give my reason why I voted for Alaska? I would have voted for Hawiian as well but we could only vote for one at a time.

With the industry consolidation on the door step and Doug Parker indicating US Airways is not anybody’s preferred partner, maybe a virtual or quasi merger with Air Canada makes sense. A separate operation, with separate contracts for the East, West, and Air Canada labor groups may be an option that complies with federal law and permits an expanded US Airways to be a global carrier. Parker is considered a strategic thinker and Air Canada CEO Robert Milton said, "So there has been dialogue with the U.S. space looking to change, and I don't think it's inconceivable that Air Canada could be part of it and I think it would make a lot of sense for a U.S. airline to look at Air Canada ."

See Story:

See Story

ACE Aviation Holdings, majority owner of Air Canada, provided US Airways with an equity investment to help our company emerge from bankruptcy, ACE conducts heavy maintenance for US Airways, the two companies code share, they share some common facilities, and both are part of the Star Alliance.

Therefore, maybe a "corporate combination" between these companies may proceed.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

What are you special? Why don't you read a post before you jump in?

Every post about mergers, the only big news, in fact THE big news, has been relegated to one thread and this un-discussable poll.

It applies to everyone, right?