Pollack Caves Again

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE
August 4, 2005

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Thursday, August 4th, with one new item.

MEC Chairman Captain Bill Pollock has written a letter to all pilots that explains the MEC's August 2nd decision to accept the profit sharing plan offered under the Company's proposed plan of reorganization. As reported on the code a phone, Captain Pollock cast the tie-breaking vote, and he supported the decision to accept the proposed profit sharing plan, based on his belief that it was in the best interests of the US Airways pilots.

The difficulty of this decision was obvious, as evidenced by the MEC's 6-6 vote. The MEC spent several hours in closed session receiving information on this matter and several hours deliberating the vote. Capt. Pollock's letter offers additional insight on the public information the MEC received during the August 1st and 2nd special meeting and he explains the two choices he and the MEC considered during the decision making process. This letter explains in detail the complicated relationship between pilot profit sharing and equity in LOA 93, the choices that were available to the MEC, and the level of risk involved with these each choice. The letter is posted on the pilots only website under "What's New" and has also been emailed to all pilots with an email address on file with ALPA.

Please remember we now have 1,574 pilots on furlough with approximately 400 pilots currently working at MDA or Jets For Jobs carriers.

Thank you for listening.

That's probably why Pollack agreed to the plan..figures there isn't a chance in hell of proftability any time soon so who gives a rats?

Please remember we now have 1,574 pilots on furlough with approximately 400 pilots currently working at MDA or Jets For Jobs carriers.

Thank you for listening.

that is one problem we dont have 400 pilots working at MDA we have 1974 pilots FURLOUGHED.

i personally do not like the way one day 400 are set off in some kind of special group like they dont really want to come back if offered the choice....

or like we have 2000 Airbus pilots and the rest fly boeings... (read here 61 more airplanes to be parked???)

it is just plain wrong.

:down:

EyeInTheSky said:
Thank God I am getting the F outta here soon!
[post="286074"][/post]​
:up: :up: :up: AMEN, Dec cant come quick enough! It still amazes me to hear pilots and f/as who STILL think this is the best "thing/job" in the world! I'M SO over hearing its a "LIFESTYLE"!!! Its pathetic and laughable anymore.... More days of work per month, less vacation and not a PAY RAISE in sight. What people will settle for! It NEVER ceases to amaze me at the lack of self-esteem by airline employees. Sad SAD SAD group!!!! After 25 years it's time to gladly move on!

WAKE UP US EMPLOYEES!!!!