Port Au Prince Flights Suspended

MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Reuters
American Airlines suspends flights to Haiti
Thursday February 26, 5:15 pm ET

CHICAGO, Feb 26 (Reuters) - American Airlines (NYSE:AMR - News) said on Thursday it suspended its five daily U.S. flights to strife-torn Haiti until March 3 because its employees were having difficulty getting to the airport in Port-au-Prince.
American's last flight out of Port-au-Prince, the nation's capital, left Thursday afternoon.

The airline blamed disturbances for the suspension of flights. Rebels who control the northern part of the country have promised to attack Port-au-Prince to oust President Jean-Bertrand Aristide.

American operates three daily non-stop flights between the Caribbean nation and Miami, one to and from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and one from New York's John F. Kennedy airport. It also operates twice-weekly flights between Boston and Port-au-Prince.

DCA is the only carrier still fly MIA-PAP right now. Air d'Ayiti service is suspended and Air France service is suspended. Air France has an island hopper service between Cayenne and Miami via FDF, PTP, and PAP, and it will overfly PAP and do PTP-MIA non-stop until further notice.

This is straight from the APFA website:

Haiti Service Information

The APFA, APA, SOC and Corporate Security have been working together to monitor the situation in Haiti. Today at 1600 CST a decision was made to halt all service in and out of Port-au-Prince until March 2. On Monday, March 1 a meeting will be held to study the situation and a decision will be made at that time as to when service will resume.

If you have been affected by cancelled trips to Haiti, you will need to review language in Article I.9 of the contract. If your trip cancels and it is NOT your last trip of the month, you should follow the language in Article I.9.p.2 regarding misconnections, Illegalities, and cancellations at sequence origination other than the last trip of the month. If your trip cancels and it IS your last trip of the month, you should follow language in Article I.9.p.6 regarding misconnections, Illegalities, and cancellations for trips in the last five days of the contractual month.

Latest posts