Positive News From Tempe

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS255

Veteran
Aug 10, 2004
LAX via AVP
www.amandafoundation.com
***General request to please keep labor issues out of this thread, and try to keep it positive. Thanks.***

My father forwarded me the following e-mail. I'm a DM Silver and I didn't get one, so I guess we Silvers were not included in the mass distribution.

This is all really good news, as word has it that the re-configs of the RJ's will begin around Labor Day. It sounds like they're adding capacity, though, with the 321's replacing the 737's. Will we be seeing more schedule cuts to offset the added capacity on the replacement aircraft? On what routes will we now be seeing A321 service?

SS255'S FATHER
Dividend Miles #: #######

Get comfortable! We’re hard at work improving our fleet.

Look for new, greener aircraft, brighter interiors and First Class on more flights. We’re building an airline you can count on one plane at a time.

Brand new A321s

We’re replacing our 737s with new, modern, more fuel efficient A321s. These aircraft feature Gogo Inflight Internet and more First Class seats.

Upgraded CRJ-900s

We're also refreshing the US Airways Express fleet of CRJ-900s. Enjoy cushiony seats and a lighter, brighter cabin. We’ll also install First Class cabins on this fleet (and 3 others this fall!)

Updated A330-300s

And, we’re updating the interiors of our A330-300s. Soon, you’ll enjoy the Envoy Suite and more comfortable Economy seats on most flights to and from Europe and the Middle East.

Reactions: 1 person
I do not know if east 737s are being replaced, but the remainder of the West fleet is to be gone by december, replaced by 12 A321s. That is the rumor anyway, and all the gates in PHX are getting moved to no longer have the 737 only gates. The city is almost done I think, the low A gates have all been moved, and I think they are working on the low Bs now.

What comes to mind...
Following someone else's lead. Most of the competition already has First class in RJs. One of the last airlines to replace the 737-300. The new A321 have no power outlets and no entertainment.

Yes, working hard to catch up to the rest.

Reactions: 2 people
I do not know if east 737s are being replaced, but the remainder of the West fleet is to be gone by december, replaced by 12 A321s. That is the rumor anyway, and all the gates in PHX are getting moved to no longer have the 737 only gates. The city is almost done I think, the low A gates have all been moved, and I think they are working on the low Bs now.
That is correct. The last 737 in the West will be gone in December, if they don't completely fall apart in the mean time. Everybody's pretty sick of dealing with them.

And yes, several millions of dollars are being spent in PHX on re-engineering the jet bridges and repainting the gates to accommodate more and longer Airbii. They are almost finished with the N2 concourse and have started on N3 (to include Express gates). Once complete, I believe this will increase the number of Airbus-capable gates from 38 to about 44 including the international gates.

I think there are fewer than 10 CLT based 300's on the East side as well all . In August ALB (2x daily), BUF, CLE (2x daily), JAX(2x daily), MIA (obviously - the last 300 will be doing the MIA shuffle all day), MYR (2x daily), ORF, PHL (2x daily), PIT, PVD (2x daily), RDU (2x daily), DCA. There's also a MIA-PHL and PBI-PHL on Saturday.

BTW - Effective 8/15 there is a M/L CLT-SAT West operated flight.

***General request to please keep labor issues out of this thread, and try to keep it positive. Thanks.***

My father forwarded me the following e-mail. I'm a DM Silver and I didn't get one, so I guess we Silvers were not included in the mass distribution.

This is all really good news, as word has it that the re-configs of the RJ's will begin around Labor Day. It sounds like they're adding capacity, though, with the 321's replacing the 737's. Will we be seeing more schedule cuts to offset the added capacity on the replacement aircraft? On what routes will we now be seeing A321 service?

SS255'S FATHER
Dividend Miles #: #######

Get comfortable! We’re hard at work improving our fleet.

Look for new, greener aircraft, brighter interiors and First Class on more flights. We’re building an airline you can count on one plane at a time.

Brand new A321s

We’re replacing our 737s with new, modern, more fuel efficient A321s. These aircraft feature Gogo Inflight Internet and more First Class seats.

Upgraded CRJ-900s

We're also refreshing the US Airways Express fleet of CRJ-900s. Enjoy cushiony seats and a lighter, brighter cabin. We’ll also install First Class cabins on this fleet (and 3 others this fall!)

Updated A330-300s

And, we’re updating the interiors of our A330-300s. Soon, you’ll enjoy the Envoy Suite and more comfortable Economy seats on most flights to and from Europe and the Middle East.

Oh I'm sooo disappointed I thought maybe DP and SK were shown the doo :p r. Oh well failing that, this is good news for Customers. :D

RE: CRJ900 -
How can you upgrade a turd?

Oh I'm sooo disappointed I thought maybe DP and SK were shown the doo :p r. Oh well failing that, this is good news for Customers. :D

from poor memory..
47 or so EAST 737's left.

end of 2012 35

end of 2013 20

Aug of 2014 all gone

What comes to mind...
Following someone else's lead. Most of the competition already has First class in RJs. One of the last airlines to replace the 737-300. The new A321 have no power outlets and no entertainment.

Yes, working hard to catch up to the rest.

Missed opportunity, indeed! Still, I'd rather be on a spankin' new A321 with no power outlet then a ratty 737 held together with duct tape with no power outlet. ;)

Actually, CO does not have F on any of their RJ's, and no announcement has been made as to whether or not that will change after they begin operating as UA.

Sorry to disappoint you. :lol:

And you don't upgrade a turd: You polish it. A first class cabin will give it a shiny new look. It's too bad the CRJ-200's are not getting polished. They're MY Satan's Chariot. :(

I'm glad that Tempe is putting forth some effort to invest in customer comfort.

from poor memory..
47 or so EAST 737's left.

end of 2012 35

end of 2013 20

Aug of 2014 all gone

The story is the east 737 s stay, and newer Airbuses deferred. Because the company does not have the cash on hand for the lease obligations. The eastern 737 s stay.

If it's not too late to make this plea: Perhaps US would consider installing 110V power ports in F and the elite zone of the new 321's, as a compromise. I don't think that every seat needs a power port, but one per seat in F, and two for every 3 seats in the elite zone and exit rows would be very much appreciated, and would probably pay off in higher wifi usage on transcons!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts