Positive space travel for free to IAM Union Bosses

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
I can see it now....Ceasars, sitting with drink in one hand, cigar in the other. with 90% load factors I was wondering if anyone knew where a job application was to be an IAM Boss. Newly enhanced positive space travel, bought for and paid for by fleet service profit sharing, is a good thing to have and just made the $100,000 Union Boss job more lucrative. Geez, all those conventions to "Top hotels"...now positive space travel. Now if they can only 'pimp' more from their fleet service members to get 'first class'! Alas, there's an idea they missed.

regards,

This is NOT A TRANSITION AGREEMENT

A transition agreement takes both parties and works them to fit 'seamlessly'.
If it were transition then why extend the duration? Neither contract had a duration of 2012.
What does enhanced positive space travel for Union Bosses have ANYTHING to do with transition???? Who's paying for that one?
Plus about another dozen 'why's' that have absolutely NOTHING to do with transition. Just a big hoseing of fleet service.

This was a deal alright, between the I'll ask Management union and your company that had much ado about NOTHING with transition. Just a good old fashion, "you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours".

The IAM talks about 3 scenerios but fail to mention this 4th one that may be the most likeliest:

IAM Loyalist Sez, "You give me enhanced positive space travel, more members for 3 years, another nickel in our pension that we can control, and I'll make sure we drop the part-time grievance award so the new members can be part time, drop the 1/3 billion CIC, and even extend the contracts duration another couple of years. Do we have a deal?

Mr. X responds : Where do we sign and can you get this thing done before the Arbitration case is heard????

IAM Loyalist: I'll have these dumb rampers swallow the snake oil quicker than you can count to 5. We'll have this thing done before the kids go back to school! Remember I got a Vegas convention to Circus Circus and I need my positive space soon!

regards,

Ok Tim,

Let me explain something to you.

When I was working for 142 I had Positive Space Travel for Union Business.

It does not enable you to bump a paying passenger off the plane, you can only make your reservation if there is a seat available.

So if the seat is empty, it does not cost the company nor the union any money.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

And the how would you have traveled when you annoited yourself and Pruitt as leadership in the three unions you started and failed if you were ever succesful?

Would you rather the IAM using the members' dues money to buy full fare tickets everytime they need to travel for Union Business?

Would you penalize the out stations where the AGCs and GCs have to travel to conduct union business?

Could you clarify that statement for me a little better?

Does this mean that the Union Reps get P/S for company and or union business? If that's the case, that would be paid for by the company....and they should.

Now before someone has a hopping fit....the reason I'm asking is because AFA has had a hell of a time getting back and forth to PHX for the JC negotiations. They used to fly P/S but now have had to fly S/A and sometimes have had to ride J/S. And I'm wondering if the IAM reps have been having the same problem and that would explain getting positive space for company/union business language in the T/A.

The AGCs and GCs get positive space when traveling for union and or company business.

After the merger the company removed the abitlity for the GCs and AGCs to travel positive space for union business, only allowed when dealing with the company.

AGC's are paid (notice I didn't say earn) $96,000 PLUS expenses. Let them book and expense their air travel like anyone else out there who has "business" in a city where they do not reside.

As for meetings with the outstations, there is a technology from WebEx among others that allows you to make presentations over the internet, thereby negating the need for travel in many cases, space positive or otherwise.

In the real world a company like say Xerox & US get together and do a deal for all the printers and I as the account manager may be comped on a US flight to PHX, it depends on corporate culture. However if I decide I need to go visit other US locations then traditionally that's on my employer. Why should it be different for the IAM????

Why does Tony Armedio have to travel to the outstation on "Union Business" Oh that's right, he's the boxing instructor. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Piney,
these outstations never see a union rep. Trust me on this. This is all about having vacations, Vegas conventions at big resorts pawned off as union business. it's an enhancement that was paid for by its members and has nothing to do with transitions. Anyways, more perks for the I'll Ask Management union as its members continue to suffer great pain.

regards,

Grievance chairs don't get PS to deal with grievances (surely company business, since the first four steps of a grievance confers with a company rep), even if their territory covers five states.

AND, if you are attending a conference and you are not in good standing with IAM hierarchy, your PS goes out the window,too. It was of interest some years back at a chairman's conference which grievance chairs were positive space, and which were not.

Once again Bob you have to comment on something you know nothing about.

If the GCs and AGCs booked full fare tickets or any ticket purchased it would come out of dues money, you know money the membership pays to the union, not their own personal money.

PS does not cost the company anything.

And I have seen many grievance chairs travel PS on union business, especially when they have to go to another station they represent.

And GCs and AGCs are required to attend their business meetings at their locations where they represent members if that is their station.

How many times did YOU travel PS Timmy before you were removed from office?

And I have seen many grievance chairs travel PS on union business, especially when they have to go to another station they represent.

Sure, so have I. And also some who didn't, even after it was grieved to step III (where it promptly died, unresolved).

It should be one way or the other, but it wasn't.

Why?

Once again Bob you have to comment on something you know nothing about.

If the GCs and AGCs booked full fare tickets or any ticket purchased it would come out of dues money, you know money the membership pays to the union, not their own personal money.

And GCs and AGCs are required to attend their business meetings at their locations where they represent members if that is their station.

How many times did YOU travel PS Timmy before you were removed from office?
Piney Bob 1
700 0

You're right Piney Bob. If it was on the union, it would come out of the membership dues, which are right now being spent on big fat salaries of 6 figures. Alot more accountability would be in place also as the dues are about as maxed out and I doubt the membership would ever approve the substantial dues increase needed to parade these bosses around to their 'wine and cheese' gatherings. At any rate, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRANSITION and everything to do with the IAM ALWAYS taking care of itself first and hosing its members.

regards,

While it is true a PS ticket can't be booked if there are no seats. Once a PS seat is booked there is one less seat to sell.

With the current load factors there will be PS seats that could have been sold to a paying passenger.

Another point, what did the IAM trade for this perk?

Piney Bob 1
700 0

You're right Piney Bob. If it was on the union, it would come out of the membership dues, which are right now being spent on big fat salaries of 6 figures. Alot more accountability would be in place also as the dues are about as maxed out and I doubt the membership would ever approve the substantial dues increase needed to parade these bosses around to their 'wine and cheese' gatherings. At any rate, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRANSITION and everything to do with the IAM ALWAYS taking care of itself first and hosing its members.

regards,

Sounds like someone has issues......

It was my understanding that some top union bosses get PS travel for personal use. If thats the case, then there has to be a cost associated this, as it is a taxable benefit, and they would get reimbursed somehow?

Latest posts