POW claims bump into foregin policy

First I've heard of that, BTW I could'nt agree with you more. Thats a Travesty and our Commander In Chief should be ashamed to oppose the lawsuit.

As Ive stated from the outset, though Ch.12 continues to paint me Red, I support our AMERICAN Troops 100% but not always the one calling the shots.

Hopefully Justice will Prevail.

As for as I know, the Supreme Court declined to hear the POW's case. Thus, the last court action stays in effect.

The last judicial action, in essence, got rid of the nearly 1 billion judgment, leaving the POW's with nothing (well maybe not nothing, they may have a stack of legal fees).

Not true, they also have the support of the republican party and all it's members. I am sure that is a great comfort for him when he wakes up in a cold sweat have just had a nightmare or flash back.

Not true, they also have the support of the republican party and all it's members. I am sure that is a great comfort for him when he wakes up in a cold sweat have just had a nightmare or flash back.

Actually, I believe it is true. The Supreme Court declined to hear the case. Here is the link:

http://www.wlf.org/Litigating/casedetail.asp?detail=286

And in case you do not think this is the right case, look at this link and read the parties names. You will find Jeffrey Tice.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/44475.pdf

With that said, the POW's may be attempting to gather support from the House. In which they may be trying to pass a resolution of some sort which would either, give them a legislative chance of getting money; or the resolution may give them another Statute in which the POW's may file a lawsuit. In the latter case, they would need to go through the trial courts again.

But as it stands, the Supreme Court denied to review the case and, thus, the previous judgment stands!

As far as the POW / vets are concerned, this country has never been very supportive. Neither side of the aisle seems to really give a crap one way or the other. The Viet Nam vets who suffered from Agent Orange have never been recognized or compensated (as far as I know). Rumsfeld makes some wise ass comment about fighting with what you have verses what you want (or ought to have). I believe I read that there are Vets from the first gulf war who are suffering maladies from unknown sources linked to the field of combat and they are being blown off as well.

The only support the troops seem to receive is verbal support ….â€￾go teamâ€￾ and that serves about as much purpose as t#ts on a bull. With out actual support as in the proper gear, logistical support, a plan (there’s a novel idea) and medical support for when it hits the fan, all you got is a cluster f&ck of mammoth proportions.