Predictions Are No Good

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
everyone has there opinion about this merger. some more negative than posistive. the fact of the matter is that , nobody knows crap. not the employees ,not even the anylists. everyone wrote off u some years ago but, we are still here. and it looks like its going to be for a long time. yeah so we are getting a much needed injection from hp and other sources. so be it, who cares. what ever works. i am sick and tired of everyone with there negative comments about how this merger is bad and that u is gonna sink hp. its total B.S!!.
u was the pee on of the industry for many years and now that it looks like we are headed for something good people just can't stand it. especially employees at other airlines who are on these board talking so much mierda that it stinks. worry about your own gd airline . the one source who is full of crap is usatoday. they always have to s##t on u's parade. i swear all u employees should boycott that gd newspaper!!!
and all these non u employees telling the hp employees that we are after their jobs need to stop!!! no body is after no ones job. most u employees could care less about phx or the west coast. all we want is some good managemnt and some stability . is that too much to ask for?are these other airlines are just scared that u might just come out winning in this and that we will kick some serious ass in the years to come?
one thing is for sure , times are changing. and usairways is making the first move on going ahead with the changes. wether you people like it or not it doesen't matter. stop the fing predictions on u's demise . because none of you know jack crap about anything . heck acoording to you" armchair ceo's", u was supposed to be out of business by jan 2005. bunch of idiots.

My prediction is that U will be out of business before 2006. America West will rue the day it tied its airplane to the lead balloon that is USAir. :D

let me guess, american employee right? figures. like i said . worry about your own company.

etops1...you took the words right out of my mouth. These airline "know-it-all" posters are disappointed that U has something good going!!! I agree with you 100%!!!! They know their next but don't want to face the music!!

etops1 said:
everyone has there opinion about this merger. some more negative than posistive. the fact of the matter is that , nobody knows crap. not the employees ,not even the anylists. everyone wrote off u some years ago but, we are still here. and it looks like its going to be for a long time. yeah so we are getting a much needed injection from hp and other sources. so be it, who cares. what ever works. i am sick and tired of everyone with there negative comments about how this merger is bad and that u is gonna sink hp. its total B.S!!.
u was the pee on of the industry for many years and now that it looks like we are headed for something good people just can't stand it. especially employees at other airlines who are on these board talking so much mierda that it stinks. worry about your own gd airline . the one source who is full of crap is usatoday. they always have to s##t on u's parade. i swear all u employees should boycott that gd newspaper!!!
and all these non u employees telling the hp employees that we are after their jobs need to stop!!! no body is after no ones job. most u employees could care less about phx or the west coast. all we want is some good managemnt and some stability . is that too much to ask for?are these other airlines are just scared that u might just come out winning in this and that we will kick some serious ass in the years to come?
one thing is for sure , times are changing. and usairways is making the first move on going ahead with the changes. wether you people like it or not it doesen't matter. stop the fing predictions on u's demise . because none of you know jack crap about anything . heck acoording to you" armchair ceo's", u was supposed to be out of business by jan 2005. bunch of idiots.
[post="272315"][/post]​

i totally agree with you etops. i am losing my job after next week as usair is furloughing my city but i do agree that this merger is probably the most likely the best way for them to continue flying and to kick some a$$

coachrowsey said:
AA your turn is comming.
[post="272335"][/post]​

You can bet your A$$ it's coming for AA...and it's coming for DL , CO and NW too.

The tone has been set for this industry...and U and UA are just the Poster Children for it. The rest will follow suit..or fall by the wayside.

The tone of things is NOT limited to just the airline industry either. The rumblings are coming from the automotive industry as well...which is a prime driver of the US Economy. The Automotive Industry in the US will see closures of more US Domestic Plants...product lines will be trimmed or done away with...and the United Auto Workers (UAW) will see hits in wages , benefits and pensions as well.

What is taking place is NOT good for Middle America...but the wheels are more than in motion.

everyone has there opinion about this merger. some more negative than posistive. the fact of the matter is that , nobody knows crap.......  everyone wrote off u some years ago but, we are still here. and it looks like its going to be for a long time.

So much for "nobody knows crap"... seems like you've already got it all figured out. As much as some would like to agree and others disagree, you are right, there is nearly no way of telling if the merger will be the saving grace for either airline. I think it's safe to say, however, that U won't be around much longer without this.

You have to understand that many people here are trying just to stir things up, get you angry, etc. And it's not hard to do. Take a look at the tin U has flying around, and the dismal outlook that has been it's "future" for some time now. Concessions, labor disputes, credit problems, CASM through the roof, with the only relief in sight being a quiet death. Blah blah blah. It's not some big conspiracy between all the other airlines and USA Today. It's reality. You can't blame them at this point for wanting U out of the way.

most u employees could care less about phx or the west coast.

Well so long as you are counting on U being around for "a long time", you'd better start caring about PHX and LAS and the west coast. You said it yourself, U was supposed to be out of business by early 2005. If I were you, I'd put a picture of Douglas Parker on your bedroom ceiling so you can go to sleep knowing he's probably the only chance U has got left.

i didn't mean not caring about phx or las in that way. i meant about u employees trying to be based there. i know that the west coast brings ample opportunity for usairways. and thats why i said that what we really want is good management to come onboard .ie: "parker".

"You can bet your A$$ it's coming for AA...and it's coming for DL , CO and NW too.

The tone has been set for this industry...and U and UA are just the Poster Children for it. The rest will follow suit..or fall by the wayside." I wouldn't hold my breath on that one... MANY are sadly under the delusion that the carriers in BK have set the "new" standard with which to operate a viable airline. Neither of the two (that is sucking the life out of the industry) has proven that they can survive IN BK let alone OUT of it.
It is the idea that "we must pull everone down" to our level in BK "woe us" losing our jobs, so lets screw those not in BK. Lets take the WHOLE industry down with us. Sorry for your BK. But I don't give a damn about YOUR job...when you are hoping that we lose OURS.
"The tone has been set for this industryand U and UA are just the Poster Children" You act as if that is some kind of an accomplishment? Remeber those words when both are written off into the history pages.

Latest posts