Prefunding

AANOTOK

Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Your prefunding totals are once again listed in Jetnet.

Today, TWU-represented employees at American Airlines contribute an amount each pay period to a trust that is used to pay for the employees’ retiree medical costs upon retirement. The company also matches the employees’ prefunding contributions.

This trust has strict terms that allow American to only use the funds for costs related to the employees’ retiree healthcare.

As part of the planned benefit changes, American will refund the TWU-represented employees’ prefunding contributions and the associated investment earnings, to all employees still contributing to the trust.

Now, American has agreed in the TWU proposals to provide the Company match to employees by also refunding the Company’s trust contributions (subject to applicable tax withholding), if consensual agreements are reached and contingent on the successful resolution of the Section 1114 retiree process.

Your prefunding totals are once again listed in Jetnet.

Today, TWU-represented employees at American Airlines contribute an amount each pay period to a trust that is used to pay for the employees’ retiree medical costs upon retirement. The company also matches the employees’ prefunding contributions.

This trust has strict terms that allow American to only use the funds for costs related to the employees’ retiree healthcare.

As part of the planned benefit changes, American will refund the TWU-represented employees’ prefunding contributions and the associated investment earnings, to all employees still contributing to the trust.

Now, American has agreed in the TWU proposals to provide the Company match to employees by also refunding the Company’s trust contributions (subject to applicable tax withholding), if consensual agreements are reached and contingent on the successful resolution of the Section 1114 retiree process.

Amazing how when the total can be used as a tool for a possible YES vote they appear on JetNet once again.

Yesterday an AA Supervisor held a crew meeting and told everyone that if they did not vote YES they were fools.

Everyone should ask themselves, if this is rejected, and everything turns to the companies favor like the TWU is claiming, then why is company wanting ratification? It is obvious the company loves this last best offer and that James C Little is peddling along with them. Each of you should ask yourself, if voting NO would be so bad for us, why does the company want you to vote YES? Isn't "bad" for us, "good" for them?

Truth is that prefunding is in a TRUST Account that belongs to you. And some are going to be manipulated by the company offering you what is already yours in exchange for a YES vote. They must view us as gullible and stupid.

Reactions: 1 person
If you voted hell no, they would consider that tampering with your ballot, and it would revert back to a yes vote....were screwed either way.

Another dirty tactic from the company to get support for the lbo. Some people might think they giving you something when they are not giving a dime here.

Solid NO

Amazing how when the total can be used as a tool for a possible YES vote they appear on JetNet once again.

Yesterday an AA Supervisor held a crew meeting and told everyone that if they did not vote YES they were fools.

Everyone should ask themselves, if this is rejected, and everything turns to the companies favor like the TWU is claiming, then why is company wanting ratification? It is obvious the company loves this last best offer and that James C Little is peddling along with them. Each of you should ask yourself, if voting NO would be so bad for us, why does the company want you to vote YES? Isn't "bad" for us, "good" for them?

Truth is that prefunding is in a TRUST Account that belongs to you. And some are going to be manipulated by the company offering you what is already yours in exchange for a YES vote. They must view us as gullible and stupid.

I agree with you on this issue, the company is using this money to sway votes.

I agree with you that it appears the company wants us to vote yes, so at this point we maybe should examine why they want us to vote for this instead of them getting to impose the Ask on us.

Does voting yes pave the way for an easier transition in merger deals? I know both the TWU and the Company is saying it's totally unrelated, but is it?

Well, if we could see ALL of the language of the merger agreement maybe we could make an educated determination of that ourselves.

There are layers of this whole deal that bother me and I feel like I'm being torn in 3 different directions.

Reactions: 1 person