Professionals At Work.

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
I have just updated the AMTA's web site for the Faces Behind Safety link. Go to www.amtausa.com and click on the Faces Behind Safety page and view pictures of the United States Border Patrol Aircraft Maintenance Technicians. In the coming weeks I will have other photos of the skilled professionals who provide airworthy aircraft across the aerospace industry. Soon to come are pictures of the United States Coast Guard, Police and Sheriff Aircraft Maintenance Technicians, as well as US Navy AMTs and Civil Service AMTs who maintain Navy aircraft. If you know of someone who you feel epitomizes the AMT profession pass along their contact information so the AMTA can inform the public about their contributions to aircraft safety which has been taken for granted due to the knowledge, skill & integrity of today's AMTs. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan

Thanks Ken for your efforts to bring our AMT profession into some positive light which has been sorely needed for many years. :)

New pictures of skilled Technicians that work on U. S. Navy aircraft at the Naval Air Depot North Island have been placed on the Faces Behind Safety page at www.amtausa.com and show to the public the knowledge, skill & integrity that is the corner stone of our proud profession. Future pictures of Law Enforcement and Commercial AMTs will be added soon. If anyone knows of AMTs that meet the Faces Behind Safety criteria please contact me at the e-mail link on the web site so the AMTA can highlight them to the public so they may be recognized for their dedication to a proud profession.

Pictures of the bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor have been placed on the Charles E. Taylor Donation Progress page on the AMTA web site at www.amtausa.com. I hope these photos give the viewer a better idea of the recognition and respect that Charlie has earned and today's AMTs continue to provide to a proud craft & profession.

The AMTA web site, www.amtausa.com, has updated the "Faces Behind Safety" page with new pictures of skilled Aircraft Maintenance Technicians that maintain AmericaWest Airlines and United States Coast Guard aircraft & helicopters. These Technicians truly epitomize the knowledge, skill & integrity which are the corner stone of today's Aircraft Maintenance Technician. I would like to ask that you forward the AMTA's web site to others so they may become more aware of the responsibilities & professionalism that Charles E. Taylor possessed when he became the Father of Aircraft Maintenance. And how his spirit resides in each and every airworthy aircraft. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Greetings all! I have added photos of the skilled AMTs that maintain the San Diego County Sheriff "ASTREA" helicopters on our Faces Behind Safety page at www.amtausa.com. These men are some of the faces that remain behind the lime light and go unnoticed and unrecognized for their knowledge, skill & integrity. I hope you enjoy the pictures and web site. Sincerely, Ken MacTiernan Director AMTA

Careful, Ken. If mechanics start getting glorified opinions about themselves and their profession they might think they are worth more money. Neither AA nor the TWU want that.

Careful, Ken. If mechanics start getting glorified opinions about themselves and their profession they might think they are worth more money. Neither AA nor the TWU want that.

AMTs have never had glorified opinions of themselves. What we have had though is a great respect for the knowledge, skill & integrity that are the cornerstones of our craft. These traits have been taken for granted over the past 100 years of aviation by the public. The AMT has been portrayed in the media with such characters as Lowell from the tv show wings and the grumpy old guy on Baa, Baa, Baa Black Sheep. This is what the public sees and this perception is wrong. The Faces Behind Safety page is just one way the AMTA is trying to change the way the public thinks about AMTs industry wide.

I must say that I am surprised that when I asked AA if they would allow AA AMTs to be highlighted on the Faces Behind Safety page they refused. I also asked if it was possible for the Flight Crews to mention to their passengers on May 24th, 2004 that that day was Aviation Maintenance Technician Day in honor of Charles E. Taylor, the Father of Aircraft Maintenance and a large reason why they are able to fly that day. That suggestion was considered a good idea but did not materialize. (I believe that either Delta or Frontier does this though.)

The "Faces Behind Safety" link on the AMTA web site has just added photos of skilled, professional AMTs who maintain the San Diego Police Department's Aviation Wing helicopters. These men are truly the "Faces Behind Safety". They perform their duties day in and day out without the public ever being aware of their contributions to aircraft safety.

If you know of any group of AMTs that would be appropriate for this link please contact me at [email protected].

The "Faces Behind Safety" link on the AMTA web site has just added photos of skilled, professional AMTs who maintain the San Diego Police Department's Aviation Wing helicopters. These men are truly the "Faces Behind Safety". They perform their duties day in and day out without the public ever being aware of their contributions to aircraft safety.

If you know of any group of AMTs that would be appropriate for this link please contact me at [email protected].
Ken
in the last issue of crib notes (its a twu/aa publication here in tulsa) bob redding signed his name under a story about Charles E. Taylor and I couldn't help but think all your hard work on getting recognition for AMT's had something to do with it. Thanks

Ken
in the last issue of crib notes (its a twu/aa publication here in tulsa) bob redding signed his name under a story about Charles E. Taylor and I couldn't help but think all your hard work on getting recognition for AMT's had something to do with it. Thanks

Scorpian, thank you. Another achievement of the AMTA is our approaching AA and having them make an announcement, on all departing flights on May 24th, informing the passengers about the significance of May 24th being Aviation Maintenance Technician Day. How this day is recognizing "Charlie" and today's AMTs and that 34 States have signed AMT Day Resolutions.

I feel that this is a great way to get the passengers to think about the men and women who maintain the very aircraft they are flying on.

I have contacted Continental Airlines about doing the same thing but they have not contacted me back in time for their doing this in time for May 24th. It is our hope to eventually have all airlines that have real AMTs make this announcement every May 24th. If the public is aware of our proud craft & profession I believe our profession will become stronger.

The AMTA web site's "Faces Behind Safety" link has grown again to show true professionals in our profession on the Corporate Aviation link. If you know of any individuals who meet the requirements for being highlighted on this page please contact me. As always, thank you for your support in the AMTA and our great craft & profession! Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA WWW.AMTAUSA.COM

Thanks Ken,
You are a great man trying to promote our trade. I truely hope that everyone someday will realise our responsabilities as they fly at over 500 miles an hour at over 35 thousand feet and 60 below. Yet they are warm it is quiet and the last thing on their mind is the mechanic that just worked on thier airplane. Unlike when they leave their car dealership after paying at lest 80 dollars an hour for shop rate and worrying that the car mechanic got it right and they wont end up on the side of the road!!
So hopefully the public will appreciate us some day but untill then here is a picture of what airline management and most of the public thinks of us aircraft grease monkies!!!! :shock: