Proposed USA320PILOT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upnaway,

I started a thread for Merger Articles and asked other forum members to post merger related comments/blogging in another topic. My thought was to provide a news only topic where we could share news versus opinions, but some of the Forum's members elected to not honor this request, which is their right. Then I started a new Proposed Merger Article topic and created a second topic titled Proposed Merger Blogging.

My thought was to separate the News topic from the Blogging topic. However, the Moderators did not like this idea and locked the thread.

I do not want to spend my person time searching the internet and creating a one-stop proposed merger news link and have the posts intertwined with blogging. Therefore, I believe we two options:

1. Have a proposed merger new topic where members can post links and merger news items and then a separate merger blogging topic, similar to the concept where their are labor group only threads,

or

2. I will stop posting news articles on this website.

If these ideas make sense than I suggest people let the Moderators know their feelings.

Personally, I do not desire to blog at this time and want to read and share proposed merger news. Therefore, I vote for Option #1 above; however, until this debate is rectified I'm going to suspend my news reporting on this site.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Reactions: 1 person
Upnaway

or. 2. I will stop posting news articles on this website.
USA320Pilot

That's the kind of ultimatum heard in school yards. Most kids laugh and say, "Okay, so take your toys and go home." Sorry, it sounds more obsessive than a real issue here.

You shouldn't insult your audience. Most know they merely have to scan down to a 320 post to read your articles. Too cumbersome to comment referencing news in another thread. Besides, all you post is easily found on news readers -- not so hard as it used to be.

Really, you can't carve a personal niche on a public forum.

Reactions: 3 people
There are numerous news aggregators out there, and apparently USA320pilot wants his own space on this website to do just that.

Everyone reading Airline Forums has access to a computer (by definition) and I'll wager that everyone here is familar with Google News or Yahoo! Finance and has no difficulty finding all the news about US and AA that is fit to print.

Multi-page theads that consist of no more than just headlines and links to every news story mentioning AA or US really add little value to this site (IMO). More useful, IMO, are dicussions (actual content).

I'm not an actual pilot, but the "I'll take my toys and go home" tantrum above is a classic cartoonish example of the overbearing pilot-god stereotype that so many of us have heard about over the years. Well played, Captain.

Reactions: 4 people
Actually, the news thread is very refreshing. You FWAA folks don't realize how many people read here for information, not opinion.

Point is, let those of us who want news-only threads have them. We really aren't interested in your opinion. That's why we read the merger-related articles thread. When we want to read your opinion, we will venture into the other threads.

You people are the egomaniacs. The narcissistic babblers.

What's the harm in letting ONE thread be about news? How the HECK does it affect YOU?!?!?!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm more than willing to take the time to post news, union, and company merger related information on ONE area. However, I don't want to sift through blogging and personal opinions. And, many others do not want to read personal opinions too. In fact, many of USAviation.com's message board members feel the same way, which is why the Owners/Moderators created ONE Labor Only Discussion topic per work group.

All I'm asking for is ONE topic for Proposed Merger News Only Information without personal comments or opinions. Every other topic could be free to post merger comments and they are already available for opinion. I even started a topic titled "Proposed Merger Blogging", but the Moderators removed the new thread.

Just as the owners have the right to operate their website how they see fit, every member has the right to post comments in topics they like (except for the ONE topic per labor group), I have the right to post Proposed Merger News in ONE topic or for me to not post any merger news at all.

The options are simple: Either we all agree to ONE News Only Topic, the Moderators Create ONE News Only topic, or I will not put in my personal time and effort to organize Proposed Merger Related News that is integrated with personal opinion and blogging.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Its a message board where people exchange ideas, thoughts and facts.

In every topic? Can employees post union information such as Pilot, F/A, or FSA comments in every topic?

If it is decided that this is a "message board where people exchange ideas, thoughts and facts" in my Proposed Merger News topics idea and this thread it's integrated with personal ideas and thoughts than I will not post any more news.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Captain, why do you care whether other registered members of Airline Forums make comments about the stories you link? Once you post the headlines and links, comments in other posts about the articles doesn't make it harder for you to post additional stories and links, so why do you care?

Assuming, for purposes of argument, that your mega-news threads actually add value (I don't think they do), how do comments about those news stories detract from your Herculean efforts to compile that news?

My opinion (with which you and everyone else is free to disagree) is that 100 pages of headlines and links adds very little value in the first place - and in addition, comments about those articles does not diminish whatever marginal value your thread adds.

I can understand the rationale for not granting posters their own individual threads where nobody else is welcome to post. If you're granted your own fenced-off corner where nobody else is allowed to post, then everyone will want one.

Actually, the news thread is very refreshing. You FWAA folks don't realize how many people read here for information, not opinion.

Point is, let those of us who want news-only threads have them. We really aren't interested in your opinion. That's why we read the merger-related articles thread. When we want to read your opinion, we will venture into the other threads.

What's the harm in letting ONE thread be about news? How the HECK does it affect YOU?!?!?!

BWHAHAHAHA!

The news can be googled, the discussions are priceless. Thus-forums!

Parker is on the phone, he says to drink more kool ade.

Well stated!! Trying to find unbiased factual news amongst the hate filled posts here is, well, disturbing to say the least!

Reactions: 1 person
Scroll to the bottom of every page on this forum and you'll see 5 columns of links. The first 2 in the left column are American News and US Airways News. It's not hard to find merger related news - Google has a good news function too.

US320 - why do you feel that you have to slog through posts with discussion, opinion, whatever. At the top of every page is a "Reply to This Topic" button - use that and your post is the last one in the thread when it's posted. You don't even have to go to the last page of a topic...

Do we really need 6, 8, 10 headlines when all discuss the same "latest" rumor or Parker utterance? A little editorial discipline would be helpful.

Jim

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.