Psychic Tip Prompts Bomb Search On Plane

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
I cannot believe it has come to this!!!!! What was the TSA thinking????
Someone should be fired for taking the claim of a bozo psychic seriously!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/03/27/psy...e.ap/index.html

FORT MYERS, Florida (AP) -- A self-described psychic's tip that a bomb might be on a plane prompted a search with bomb-sniffing dogs that turned up nothing suspicious, but forced the cancelation of the flight.

American Airlines Flight 1304 at Southwest Florida International Airport was canceled Friday because some crew members had exceeded their work hours by the time the search was finished, officials said.

The purported psychic's call was "unusual," conceded Doug Perkins, local administrator for the federal Transportation Security Administration director.

"But in these times, we can't ignore anything. We want to take the appropriate measures," he said.

None of the 128 passengers had boarded yet for the flight to Dallas when the search was ordered, Perkins said.

TSA officials wouldn't say who the call came from or who received it.

The passengers were placed on later flights, American Airlines officials said.

What's next? Will they rely on Puxitawny Phil for predictions???

Ok, then..Puxitawny Phil says it's ridiculous for crew members to be screened. See...even he knows!!

They should have know they were dealing with a physco and and not a physic, when the caller ID showed Florida state penn and the caller had a really fake Jamacian accent, and said her name was Ms Cleo....... God save us from the TSA.

The TSA does have the ability to identify the caller and put that caller in prison for at least two decades. Will they do it?

LD max said:
What's next? Will they rely on Puxitawny Phil for predictions???

Ok, then..Puxitawny Phil says it's ridiculous for crew members to be screened. See...even he knows!!
LD MAX, Thats a great line! I expect that this story will figure prominatly in Michael Boyd's Aviation Consulting.com webpage next week.

I understand the next high tech equipment the TSA is going to start using soon is
a divining rod. I'm waiting for the next story that says a Ouji board has made a threat.......or perhaps The Majic 8 Ball!

I understand the next high tech equipment the TSA is going to start using soon is a divining rod

haha!!.. I can just see it now. You walk by a old guy with an oak "wishbone" branch and it points at you. Before you know it, you are a spread eagle against the wall and being frisked. Just think of all the money that could be saved! Scrap the multibillion dollars of metal detectors in favor of some good ole tree branches!

Heck, they could even have a further screening. If you fail the divining rod test you move on to tarot card and palm readers based at each checkpoint! "You there!! Yeah the white anglo saxon Chritian guy with the Texas accent and in the pilot uniform!!..line up over here by granny and this first grader who also failed the divining rod!! Now... pick a card...hold out your palms..take off those shoes too d*mn you!!!"

Ms. Cleo has been hired by the Bush administration to blunt the testimony of Clark. Informed sources suggest she will "divine" in front of Congress so that the Bush administration can figure out what to do next.

TSA is soon to be history me thinks . . . the feds have set November 19th as the date airports can start taking over their own security/go private again and toss the TSA out.

WingNaPrayer said:
TSA is soon to be history me thinks . . . the feds have set November 19th as the date airports can start taking over their own security/go private again and toss the TSA out.
It's been a long long while since a government agency shrunk in size or authority.

Why hasn't a psychic ever won the lottery, powerball, megajackpot? Why didn't any prognosticator(sp) predict 9/11? And lastly, if they were really psychics, why do we have to call them and tell them are name for info on the future, should they know we were going to call and what are name is already?