PTO/AMFA Boy

PlayTheOdds

Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Contract and the South
Visit site
I have been on the floor here for almost a week now installing the Bird-Strike MOD on a 747-400 LCF. I got all the new stringers in and the skins drilled and countersunk for Briels(?) rivets. After lunch I was going to remove the skins, trim, seal then begin shooting them on.

During lunch we are discussing finances and I make the comment, "That NWA gig was a good boost for me." This guy says, "Northwest?" I say "Yea Northwest at DTW." He says, "Before or after the strike?" I said, "Well I was contract before and after then I went direct for about seven months." He stares at me for a moment then looks at his buddy and says, "It's time to go outside for a smoke." He gets up and leaves. The guy sitting across from me says, "You worked for Northwest?" I said, "Yea, for a little over a year counting training." The guy laughs and says, "So did he till he walked out on strike." I'm like, "No shet! He's an AMFA Boy?" The guy says, "Yea, he went ahead and retired from there before coming here.

We have our after lunch meeting and you can tell this guy is really pissed. Well they pull me off the Bird-Strike Mod and put me on the Floor-Beam Stabilization MOD. After doing my parts inventory I look up and see three guys up on the nose of the aircraft. so I go up there to give them a turn-over on the job. One of the guys is a lead and they are trying to explain to them that the countersinks are screwed up. I said, "Wait a minute I did those countersinks myself there's nothing wrong with them. They said that they were to deep. I'm thinking, "Oh #### what the hell did I do?" So I dig out a rivet and climb down on to the skin and ask which ones are to deep. They say, All of them." I drop a rivet in a hole and it sets perfect. Now dude is really confused and says, "Well look at this one." I look in the hole and there sits a 1097 rivet at the bottom of the hole. I laugh and pull out another rivet and give a quick lesson on Briles rivets. Some people call them Brow Rivets. Up until this point AMFA Boy had been keeping quiet but once we started drilling some holes in some scrap metal, countersinking and shooting rivets he started coming around and getting into the swing of things. He hasn't run away from the lunch table these past couple of days so I think everything is going to be fine. I can't wait till we get put on a job together. I really do want to talk to him about the strike.

That’s one ugly bird isn't it? How many American jobs are going to be lost to this aircraft and why isn't this aircraft being built in the US? This aircraft is being built at an MRO not a production/manufacturing facility. How are they getting away with building this aircraft at an MRO. MRO's perform their work strictly by the AMM and SRM. Neither of which exist for this aircraft. This aircraft is being built here with the FAA's blessing. Someones pockets are getting full for allowing this to happen.

just like how Scrappy Patch Air gets its maintaince job now scabby boy
NWA hasnt had a good safety record since AMFA went on strike so if you want to discuss the job losses well then we shall discuss it

I really do want to talk to him about the strike.

Oh I can't wait for that one. If that guy was me, it would have been a very entertaining day. If he's smart.... we'll see what happens.

I guess me and PTO are alike. I remember that one beautiful day me , a small redhead woman went right up into a face of a scab and just scared him right out of the interview room. I just couldn't understand why he didn't want to talk about his scab adventures infront of 80 other potential candidates and ran off..... :lol:

I have been on the floor here for almost a week now installing the Bird-Strike MOD on a 747-400 LCF. I got all the new stringers in and the skins drilled and countersunk for Briels(?) rivets. After lunch I was going to remove the skins, trim, seal then begin shooting them on.

During lunch we are discussing finances and I make the comment, "That NWA gig was a good boost for me." This guy says, "Northwest?" I say "Yea Northwest at DTW." He says, "Before or after the strike?" I said, "Well I was contract before and after then I went direct for about seven months." He stares at me for a moment then looks at his buddy and says, "It's time to go outside for a smoke." He gets up and leaves. The guy sitting across from me says, "You worked for Northwest?" I said, "Yea, for a little over a year counting training." The guy laughs and says, "So did he till he walked out on strike." I'm like, "No shet! He's an AMFA Boy?" The guy says, "Yea, he went ahead and retired from there before coming here.

We have our after lunch meeting and you can tell this guy is really pissed. Well they pull me off the Bird-Strike Mod and put me on the Floor-Beam Stabilization MOD. After doing my parts inventory I look up and see three guys up on the nose of the aircraft. so I go up there to give them a turn-over on the job. One of the guys is a lead and they are trying to explain to them that the countersinks are screwed up. I said, "Wait a minute I did those countersinks myself there's nothing wrong with them. They said that they were to deep. I'm thinking, "Oh #### what the hell did I do?" So I dig out a rivet and climb down on to the skin and ask which ones are to deep. They say, All of them." I drop a rivet in a hole and it sets perfect. Now dude is really confused and says, "Well look at this one." I look in the hole and there sits a 1097 rivet at the bottom of the hole. I laugh and pull out another rivet and give a quick lesson on Briles rivets. Some people call them Brow Rivets. Up until this point AMFA Boy had been keeping quiet but once we started drilling some holes in some scrap metal, countersinking and shooting rivets he started coming around and getting into the swing of things. He hasn't run away from the lunch table these past couple of days so I think everything is going to be fine. I can't wait till we get put on a job together. I really do want to talk to him about the strike.
I guess he figures he already lost one job because of you scab and does not want to lose another. Are you looking for forgiveness? Watch out for falling hammers.

AMFA Boy approached me this evening at work today. I was really surprised. We were standing around shooting the shet and he walked over closer to me and said, "You know the other day when you were talking about NWA? I probably shouldn't be bringing this up but I just wanted you to know that I am one of those guys you replaced. I also wanted to tell you that if we do not stick together as mechanics we will all be working for nineteen dollars an hour. I heard you talking and I understand why you did it nor do I blame you or hold it against you and I know that with or with out you this still would have gone down the way it did. NWA wanted us out of there regardless what the cost was and we will probably never know what the cost was." He pretty much led the conversation and would barely let me get a word in edgewise till we started taking about the 747-400LCF. Neither one of us can understand why this aircraft is being built in Taiwan. This is going to be damn near a five-year project creating thousands of jobs.

This comment has nothing to do with AMFA Boy, but why do line mechanics think that they can walk into an MRO of this nature and think that they can perform the work with out screwing anything up? There are guys here that have years in the industry and doesn't have a clue as how to read a blueprint, I mean they do not have a clue as to what they are looking at. "Nearside? Farside? What the hell does that mean?" :lol: Boy I tell you what. Rumor has it that cuts will begin as early as Thursday.

I think I’m going to ask AMFA Boy tomorrow if he has a Scab List in his wallet. :D

AMFA Boy approached me .... I heard you talking and I understand why you did it nor so I blame you or hold it against you and I know that with or with out you this still would have gone down the way it did.... I think I’m going to ask AMFA Boy tomorrow if he has a Scab List in his wallet....
I don't think there is a mechanic on this BB that doesn't "understand" why you ARE a SCAB. I have read your numerous posts and can glean from them exactly why you ARE a SCAB. You are a low life bottom feeder bent on the destruction of a fine craft. You can justify it with all of the fancy talk about destiny of the SCAB, or you can pull a Henry Beinek and say God told me to SCAB (a total crok), but the fact is you swooped in under the normal processes and prolonged a job action by honorable men (and women :) ).I, and many others "DO BLAME YOU" and "HOLD IT AGAINST YOU" for what you did. The fact is it would have not gone the same way if there wasn't a SCAB ready to take the place of a striking mechanic. To say that nwa would have funtioned for long on the backs of overworked managers would be a pipe dream. Next time you see your "AMFA Boy", tell him to get a spine SCAB Boy :angry: .

AMFA Boy approached me this evening at work today. I was really surprised. We were standing around shooting the shet and he walked over closer to me and said, "You know the other day when you were talking about NWA? I probably shouldn't be bringing this up but I just wanted you to know that I am one of those guys you replaced. I also wanted to tell you that if we do not stick together as mechanics we will all be working for nineteen dollars an hour. I heard you talking and I understand why you did it nor do I blame you or hold it against you and I know that with or with out you this still would have gone down the way it did. NWA wanted us out of there regardless what the cost was and we will probably never know what the cost was." He pretty much led the conversation and would barely let me get a word in edgewise till we started taking about the 747-400LCF. Neither one of us can understand why this aircraft is being built in Taiwan. This is going to be damn near a five-year project creating thousands of jobs.

This comment has nothing to do with AMFA Boy, but why do line mechanics think that they can walk into an MRO of this nature and think that they can perform the work with out screwing anything up? There are guys here that have years in the industry and doesn't have a clue as how to read a blueprint, I mean they do not have a clue as to what they are looking at. "Nearside? Farside? What the hell does that mean?" :lol: Boy I tell you what. Rumor has it that cuts will begin as early as Thursday.

I think I’m going to ask AMFA Boy tomorrow if he has a Scab List in his wallet. :D

I got my scab list right next to my F/A manual. I feel like I'm going to be like one of those people that are legends... like at CO where the F/A ran into a scab pilot one pretty day... when the cotton were blooming and Big Sam was smiling in IAH....

Forgiveness? For what?
Thats real sweet there AMFA Boy whose name no one knows nor does it apear on any NWA data base.
HEY pto you have back up here, now this is RWU,rep for all you amfa boy's that were so dumm to walk away from a good paying job we all thank you,so Replacement worker's union are here to stay. :up:

HEY pto you have back up here, now this is RWU,rep for all you amfa boy's that were so dumm to walk away from a good paying job we all thank you,so Replacement worker's union are here to stay. :up:

Backup??? You mean back door??? Phhhfttt.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

NO WAY in he!! did AMFA walk away from their jobs scabby. They STRUCK and are STILL ON STRIKE. YOU WONT EVER KNOW THT CUZ you are a scab. They STRUCK due to mgmt and corporate GREED plain and simple. Since then SCRAPPY PATCH doesnt have any maintaince and what little they have is completely shoddy and a huge disaster waitin to happen its a nowonder i dont steer anyone i know including my girlfriend and her entire family onto SCRAPPY PATCH AIR

Who's the dumb :censored:? PTO bailed months ago..
And he doesn't care for Unions...
Rats are jumping ship... :p

Welcome to the NWA Board RWU. It is good to see some new members coming here. How long have you been with NWA and where are you? I worked line at DTW. Be careful of the baiting here though, actually there is no need to at all these guys leave the door wide open. Take robbed for example....

As far as all the scab riff-raff goes I have learned that it is a joke. Even AMFA Boy here in TPE has come full circle.

Latest posts