"Pull together Win together!"

jetmechjer

Advanced
Aug 8, 2004
Took less than 30 days to obtain draconian wage and benefit cuts 7 years ago. But now they refuse to bargain in good faith! I believed the pull together win together scam for almost 2 years. This is not the AA I hired on with 25 years ago. Back then they truely cared about employees and we were family. I proudly wore AA T shirts and jackets and bought many for families and friends. Now I am ashamed to wear my uniform off the airport and will not stop on the way home with it on! Who would of thought that the Crandall years would become the good old days? He was a bastard many siad. But he was a smart, honest bastard and we respected him. Even local management has become as dispondant as the workers. This airline like this country has become the have and the have nots!! Upper management is so out of touch that they believe it is morally correct to accept million dollar bone us's while we all suffer for almost a decade!! And wonder why moral is by far the lowest is has ever been!! No one gives %100 anymore. Everyone has second jobs and they are tiered and bitter with AA. I wish this was still the airline that I hired on with!!!! It is truely sad that is has come to this due to corporate greed.

Reactions: 3 people
Crandall might not have taken the bonus money, but I'd bet my remaining stock options he would have been forced to go the same route on concessions.

Personally, while the bonuses continue to change my perception of senior management's character, it wasn't any harder or easier to survive on my paycheck in 2005 or 2006 than it already was in 2003 or 2004....

The company has been and is still trying to paint a picture that although they feel our pain and know we took concessions, the management are lagging their counterparts and PUP pay is part of their compensation.

That argument is getting old and lame.

Agree, but I suspect even without the bonuses, we'd be hearing the same comments about management not sharing as much in the pain as the unions did.

Agree, but I suspect even without the bonuses, we'd be hearing the same comments about management not sharing as much in the pain as the unions did.

Not just unions, non union employees took concessions as well. they just don't have a voice, either by chance or circumstance.

Took less than 30 days to obtain draconian wage and benefit cuts 7 years ago. But now they refuse to bargain in good faith! I believed the pull together win together scam for almost 2 years. This is not the AA I hired on with 25 years ago. Back then they truely cared about employees and we were family. I proudly wore AA T shirts and jackets and bought many for families and friends. Now I am ashamed to wear my uniform off the airport and will not stop on the way home with it on! Who would of thought that the Crandall years would become the good old days? He was a bastard many siad. But he was a smart, honest bastard and we respected him. Even local management has become as dispondant as the workers. This airline like this country has become the have and the have nots!! Upper management is so out of touch that they believe it is morally correct to accept million dollar bone us's while we all suffer for almost a decade!! And wonder why moral is by far the lowest is has ever been!! No one gives %100 anymore. Everyone has second jobs and they are tiered and bitter with AA. I wish this was still the airline that I hired on with!!!! It is truely sad that is has come to this due to corporate greed.

I feel your disappointment!
I felt the same way at the Lazy'U!
Best to you and yours!
B) xUT

I was never a believer in "give up your pay and benifits and lets "work together" and maybe, just maybe, we will give you something back". If we were stupid enough to believe that they would, then we would be stupid enough to accept their excuses as to why despite working together, they cant.

There are still those, deswpite seven years of broken promises, and some are on the negotiating committee, that still believe that AA cant pay us what our competitors pay their guys. The excuses the company uses, 9-11, bad economy, volatile fuel prices, affect those carriers as well but when you listen to these guys you would think that AA is the only carrier that faces these challenges.

This company has brought in over $100 billion since they took away our pay and benifits and they still managed to lose money. They've been spending it like a drunken sailor, how many of us have new cars in our driveways,not many, my new car is a 1996 and the motors blown so I drive a 93, well AA has bought scores of new aircraft, recently they offered JAL $1.4 billion in financial aid, they ended up committing $2 billion to them. They recently announced that they would be investing a few hundred million in New York while at the same time claiming that they had no money for the workers there. Are they investing all that money to make the passengers more comfortable as they wait out delays and cancellations that are the results of having unhappy workers? We are at the bottom in performance and we will stay there as long as we stay at the bottom in pay, new terminals and airplanes isnt going to change that. They cant motivate us with fear anymore, the workers just dont care. Go ahead, shut it down, it will give the carriers that pay the opportunity to grow.

I was never a believer in "give up your pay and benifits and lets "work together" and maybe, just maybe, we will give you something back". If we were stupid enough to believe that they would, then we would be stupid enough to accept their excuses as to why despite working together, they cant.

There are still those, deswpite seven years of broken promises, and some are on the negotiating committee, that still believe that AA cant pay us what our competitors pay their guys. The excuses the company uses, 9-11, bad economy, volatile fuel prices, affect those carriers as well but when you listen to these guys you would think that AA is the only carrier that faces these challenges.

This company has brought in over $100 billion since they took away our pay and benifits and they still managed to lose money. They've been spending it like a drunken sailor, how many of us have new cars in our driveways,not many, my new car is a 1996 and the motors blown so I drive a 93, well AA has bought scores of new aircraft, recently they offered JAL $1.4 billion in financial aid, they ended up committing $2 billion to them. They recently announced that they would be investing a few hundred million in New York while at the same time claiming that they had no money for the workers there. Are they investing all that money to make the passengers more comfortable as they wait out delays and cancellations that are the results of having unhappy workers? We are at the bottom in performance and we will stay there as long as we stay at the bottom in pay, new terminals and airplanes isnt going to change that. They cant motivate us with fear anymore, the workers just dont care. Go ahead, shut it down, it will give the carriers that pay the opportunity to grow.
"Pull Together, Win Together" was a lie from the outset, sold to us by our so-called "representation" to keep the dues flowing.

TWU spends members' money to take out full page ads blasting greedy execs looting of the company yet again:

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/twu-pokes-fun-at-american-airl.html

Those ads are sure to get results.

There are still those, deswpite seven years of broken promises, and some are on the negotiating committee, that still believe that AA cant pay us what our competitors pay their guys.

That's because, according to management, we're already the most costly workforce in the industry. I challenge all locals to find out if it's their representative on the negotiating committee that holds this view and promptly remove them if found guilty.

TWU spends members' money to take out full page ads blasting greedy execs looting of the company yet again:

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/twu-pokes-fun-at-american-airl.html

Those ads are sure to get results.

You're right...Instead of wasting money with ads, the workers should instead show exactly how happy they are when they are at work.

What are you implying, Hopeful? That AA employees should take part in illegal job actions? That's sure what it sounds like...

The ads are worse than useless. Why is the TWU borrowing a page from APA's ineffective playbook? The management compensation issue is scarcely even relevant since it's no cash, all stock and based on AA's performance. I doubt they'll even get much this year.

What are you implying, Hopeful? That AA employees should take part in illegal job actions? That's sure what it sounds like...

The ads are worse than useless. Why is the TWU borrowing a page from APA's ineffective playbook? The management compensation issue is scarcely even relevant since it's no cash, all stock and based on AA's performance. I doubt they'll even get much this year.

OH, BOOOHOOOOO.......poor executives....

And BTW, I said nothing about an illegal job action,,,,,don't accuse me of something I DID NOT SAY!
I said employees should just show exactly how happy they are at work...

I don't know where you get illegal job action from that statement.

Bottom line is......If the company is still losing money, and they wan't a ZERO cost contract from the unions, then the executives should ZERO as well.

And spare me the "It's not cash" mantra. They're given stock options that they pay ZERO for.

You want me to be happy with 449 shares of stock where an executive who makes 5 times my salary gets maybe 5, 10, or 20,000 shares?

No, FFCA, I will just go to work and show the company how happy I am without an ILLEGAL job action...Mu A&P license requires I be legal...

GET IT? Do not accuse me of encouraging an ILLEGAL job action.

All you need is bad morale created by this wonderful company. Bad morale that the flying public sees.....Bad morale from a ticket agent, flight attendant, mechanic, ramp service, pilot.....and any other frontline employee...

You don't need to do anything illegal to show just how "happy" you are.

Bad morale will drive AA to the bottom and keep them there.

Last time I checked, "Bad Morale" is not a crime in any of the 50 states.