Punk Ceo

. . . Punk CEO: The America West-US Airways merger closed just in time as far as 10-year-old Jackson Parker is concerned. He had a longstanding date to see punk rockers Green Day on Wednesday night with his dad, new US Airways CEO Doug Parker. The elder Parker missed a lot of family events this summer because he was on the road pitching the deal but was determined to make the show.

The America West Arena show was a family affair, with Parker's wife, Gwen, rounding out the group. She's a newer Green Day fan, but Doug Parker was a fan before his son was born. His Green Day roots go back to the Dookie album in 1994.

DookieArticle here

I like this guy already, I hope he values our family time as much as he values his.
And at least he has good taste in music.

desertgal said:
Well, then, DOOKIE he shall be!
[post="309819"][/post]​

Ahh....he has had a nickname at work for along time....I thought they were saying Doohgie...Like Doohgie Howser (can't spell this mornin)....but they were actually saying Dookie. Imagine that!

barbeetantrums said:
. . . Punk CEO: The America West-US Airways merger closed just in time as far as 10-year-old Jackson Parker is concerned. He had a longstanding date to see punk rockers Green Day on Wednesday night with his dad, new US Airways CEO Doug Parker. The elder Parker missed a lot of family events this summer because he was on the road pitching the deal but was determined to make the show.

The America West Arena show was a family affair, with Parker's wife, Gwen, rounding out the group. She's a newer Green Day fan, but Doug Parker was a fan before his son was born. His Green Day roots go back to the Dookie album in 1994.

DookieArticle here
[post="309816"][/post]​
B)
Wonder if they got to sit in the AWA suite? Those are great seats for basketball -- they'd probably be pretty good for a concert, too...
:rolleyes:

barbeetantrums said:
Doug and his wife were in the mosh pit.
[post="309849"][/post]​

I am sure when Green Day was playing "American Idiot" he was thinking of Southwest's Colleen Barrett who said he was on drugs for merging with US Airways. Don't think you'll see Colleen at a Green Day concert. LOL

I let my kids listen to Green Day and they are 11 and 9. I plan on taking the oldest to their PIT concert in March. It's always something. People b*tched about the Beatles and Rolling Stones lyrics. Green Day concert is nothing compared to the language on an everyday school bus.

EyeInTheSky said:
I let my kids listen to Green Day and they are 11 and 9. I plan on taking the oldest to their PIT concert in March. It's always something. People b*tched about the Beatles and Rolling Stones lyrics. Green Day concert is nothing compared to the language on an everyday school bus.
[post="309859"][/post]​
so you guys all sing FOD at the dinner table then?i find this appalling.
late teens maybe,MAYBE. but young children?
and when young jimmy says F- off mom,you'll be shocked?

joe mechanic said:
so you guys all sing FOD at the dinner table then?i find this appalling.
late teens maybe,MAYBE. but young children?
and when young jimmy says F- off mom,you'll be shocked?
[post="309864"][/post]​

Sorry, my family doesn't do that. If they did, no Green Day and they know it. I find it funny that the right-wing nut jobs just can't stand freedom of speech and choice.

Latest posts