700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways exec talks of fares, future
Flights to Europe are biggest expansion plan
TONY MECIA
[email protected]

Scott Kirby US Airways' top management came to Charlotte on Wednesday to hold the company's first annual shareholders meeting since the airline's merger with America West Airlines eight months ago.

The event at the Charlotte Convention Center was a sparsely attended, low-key affair, though about 60 pilots attended to say they want to share in the company's newfound profits.

Afterward, Executive Vice President Scott Kirby talked with the Observer about fares, frequent-flier miles and the possibility of expanding service from Charlotte.

Interview

Well, at least he was willing to say that the FLL strategy was dead in the water. I personally thought that US had a chance to compete in the Caribbean from there.

Jim,

I also believe US Airways can compete, and compete effectively, from Florida, but we need another airport.

MIA in the future?

After reading the Q&A with Kirby, sounds like South America is off the table...Maybe until it's on the table... ;)

SoftLanding

Jim,

I also believe US Airways can compete, and compete effectively, from Florida, but we need another airport.

MIA in the future?

After reading the Q&A with Kirby, sounds like South America is off the table...Maybe until it's on the table... ;)

SoftLanding

US Airways will have 2 exclusive gates at MIA's new 'Star Alliance' terminal, with an option on a 3rd. That is hardly enough gates for any kind of major expansion there. I still believe the main reason why plans were scrapped for any further Carribean/Central American flying from FLL is purely a facilities issue.

Well, at least he was willing to say that the FLL strategy was dead in the water. I personally thought that US had a chance to compete in the Caribbean from there.

I agree with you Jim and if the FLL airport had sufficient space for customs and security resulting from TSA regulations, it would. But when you have hundreds of customers waiting in a security line three deep outside in the hot Florida sun waiting to go back thru security after time on an ac AND customs? That entire ops was destined to fail and it will fail at SPIRIT.

What a dumb interview.

Q: Should they wait for low fares?

A: Oh, no, absolutely not. Better book now. Prices are going up, up, up and seats are selling, selling, sold out.

What did they expect him to say? Yeah, we'll be dropping fares around August once the hurricanes really gear up, so hold off on bookings until you can get really cheap fares.

He may be younger, but he is just as arrogant.

Dude......you need another vacation........

Maybe it was an ignorant questions to begin with. If you go to Macy's and ask if the price of a shirt is going to go down, what would you expect them to say?

What is the basis of your arrogant comment?

Dude......you need another vacation........

Maybe it was an ignorant questions to begin with. If you go to Macy's and ask if the price of a shirt is going to go down, what would you expect them to say?

What is the basis of your arrogant comment?

They would say, yes, there is going to be a sale in the next few weeks and if you return this shirt with your receipt, we will reimburse you the difference. THE SAME THING US DID WITH VOUCHERS PREVIOUSLY.

You know Snotty Kirby well, I'm sure you can figure it out. You've learned very well from him.

They have never said that. At least not the stores I shop at....(And don't you even say Wal-Mart, K-mart and Big Lots.)

Please show me where he was being arrogant......

He hasn't taught me everything....but I am learning....

They have never said that. At least not the stores I shop at....(And don't you even say Wal-Mart, K-mart and Big Lots.)

Please show me where he was being arrogant......

He hasn't taught me everything....but I am learning....

Actually I thought you shopped at Sears' Husky department. :shock:

There are multiple posts about his arrogance...look them up...

Keep drinking his kool-aid

HUSKY! Now them's fightin' words! I am big boned!

I am not going to do your foot work.....you made the claim.....back it up or shut up!

:bleh:

And I like my Kool-aid with a little kick.....you got anymore of those mini's from your vacation? :shock:

Must have had to use them to wash down the potato chips and XO's.

No, actually, that kool-aid you all have to drink now leaves a terrible aftertaste from what I hear and it is the only thing that keeps them going since they've been robbed of their dignity, pension, pay, and the list goes on and on.

Latest posts