Q1 2019

In hopes of another great Q3. Solid bookings and .10-.20 cheaper fuel may help a lot with the Max's being down. Imagine what the numbers would be if the Max's were never grounded? I sure hope the Max grounding do not get past March of 2020 which will mark a full year, enough is enough. If any longer maybe we should look at another model? Manufacturer?? Or does GK just make out like a bandit once the Max's are released with how cheap the Max's will come to us, as well as all the other airlines cancellations of the Max and moving them over to us as we were told would happen.

Southwest Airlines to Discuss Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results on October 24, 2019

Sweet!!! I am shocked we beat as much as we did with the Max issues. 7.2% increase in profits. Imagine how it would look IF the Max's were not grounded. They say we took a 210 million hit from the Max in the 3rd Q. Could have seen near or in the 800's instead of 659 million.
Good job Southwest on managing the changes around the Max. Lower aircraft cost, fuel cost and increasing the average fares due to the Max's being grounded and a shortage of seats in the market.
On the next "Ask Gary" round, can someone ask him if we are entertaining a M&A of some other airline? JB would be the cheapest in comparo to ALK. JB stock at 18.80's and ALK at 68.90's huge difference...

Southwest profit jumps 7.2% as demand, MAX cancellations push up fares

Yes jim. It shocked a lot of us. We were predicting a lot less profit report. Hope they will continue their efforts into the 4th Q and into 2020.
M&A rumors are flying. Now SWA is entertaining other manufacturers. May have to in order to better handle a huge crisis like this. Not sure if we will ever buy an airline for just the aircraft, it would be more like the aircraft, market share, routes, the experienced employees as well as the aircraft as a bonus. Some of those articles mention ALK first but I would guess JB first as they would not cost nowhere near the money ALK would demand.

Southwest CEO voices concerns about timeline for return of Boeing 737 Max

Southwest Will Look at Buying Jets Other Than Boeing 737s After 48-Year Run
[URL='https://finance.yahoo.com/m/ffb71a9d-1deb-34c4-9461-47babc4a9b7d/southwest-airlines-stock.html?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=feed&yptr=yahoo']Southwest Airlines Stock Soars after Q3 Earnings Beat
[/URL]

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Well the last Q of 2019 earnings. Not as good as could have been, but still record breaking even with the Max groundings. Just imagine what it would have been if the Max was never grounded. Full year had an increase over 2018, so that is still a positive move going forward. Amazing results with over 800 million loss tied to the Max groundings though...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/southwest-posts-record-revenue-despite-114422789.html

Congrats to all for a job well done in 2019!
Just sorry the Max groundings took a good dent out it in 2019 and will again in 2020. But, that's ok. We, as a co., were still very profitable. And I am sure we/SWA will make it up over the next 3 years for both 19 and 20 stagnant growth.
I really think we could have matched, if not passed Delta's PS numbers if the Max never was grounded. SWA just keep doing what you are doing...

Southwest profit-sharing equates to over 6 weeks pay per employee

Latest posts