Q1 Results Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingNaPrayer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
EYW
Visit site
FORT WORTH, Texas -- AMR Corporation will release its first quarter financial results on Wednesday, April 16.

Following the release, Gerard J. Arpey, AMR's Chairman and CEO, and Thomas W. Horton, AMR's Executive Vice President - Finance and Planning and Chief Financial Officer, will make a presentation to Wall Street analysts and answer their questions during a conference call at 2 p.m. EDT. Although Arpey and Horton will conduct a separate call with media following the analyst call, the presentation portion will not be repeated.

Media may listen to the presentation and the analyst call one of two ways: by Webcast on the Investor Relations section of the About Us page on the AA.com Web site at http://www.aa.com or by telephone. In either case, media will be in a "listen only" mode.

Following the presentation and analyst call, Arpey and Horton will be available to answer media questions during a conference call. Media who have already dialed in to listen to Arpey's and Horton's presentations may remain on the line following the analyst call. There is no need to hang up and call back.

Reporters interested in listening to Arpey's and Horton's presentations or participating in the media Q&A conference call should contact AMR Corporate Communications at 817-967-1577 for details.

A telephone replay of the presentation will be available from April 16 at 7:15 p.m. EDT through April 19 at 12:59 a.m. EDT at (320) 365-3844 - access code: 910706. It will also be available by Webcast for at least one week on the Investor Relations section of the About Us page at http://www.aa.com. Click on the Webcast icon.

Ill throw my hat into the ring -450 million due to operational circumtances.and of course oil is killin us. Amazing if oil was lets say 60 a barrel what woud the profits be.

higher because of early write downs on some MD 80"s imo - note only opinion. expect at least 30 and the previous sheduled A300's

$200M loss for the quarter before special items.

Loss for the year? Dunno. With the merger announcements, AA's MD80 fiasco could be nothing compared to what's still in store...

First, it's too early to see what the FAA will do to other carriers as the audit teams progress thru the ranks. AA may have been lucky that it happened when it did. A month from now, when summer loads are already starting, and it could have been much, much more difficult to recover from.

Second, I think there's some serious labor hell to be paid with the mergers. AA's unions are pissed off at management. NW's unions are pissed off at management -and- DL's employees. Can't wait to see some of those breakroom battles...

and how would you (E) compare AMR mgmt with their peers at other carriers. Most feel that CAL has the best right now but I have no way of knowing since I am not in those ranks.

CO's team is good, and they're likely to be the successor team when the UA/CO merger is consumated.

If you take away some of the emotional issues that employees latch onto, I still see AA as having the deepest bench for management talent among the big carriers. The Crandall halo is long gone, but you still have a team of people in place who worked for RLC, and a lot of the cost-control and analysis from all sides mentality RLC was famous for is still present even in how Arpey runs the place.

CO's management team is lucky so far and is still enjoying the halo effect from Gordon's tenure, but most came to CO under Gordon's tenure. Some haven't been around long enough to manage a full blown crisis just yet. As I said, they're good, but they're not really tested under fire yet.

WN is waning, but third on my list. The halo effect from Herb's tenure continues to fade, and gets even dimmer as he and Colleen retire. They can only ride the coat-tails of the balance sheet health put together by Herb for so long. They've stopped being innovative, and they're just about out of easy growth opportunities. The next round of labor negotiations will be uglier than they were under Jim Parker, and they just got reamed in front of Congress. I'm not impressed by how they've responded to any of that.

THX E, I am definitely anything but emotional - in fact cold stone objective. Shocking, isn't it? Side note the AE divestiture is at least 2 yrs late. I hoped as much from our Mgmt but never had an insiders view.

Status
Not open for further replies.