Quality Maintenance.......right!

E-TRONS

Veteran
Aug 30, 2003
This goes out to all you fools who think MAE is providing quality maintenance.

The last A330 that came out of MAE was ferried to PHL. Ferried??? That's right because the "S" Check was NOT COMPLETED!!! How can this be??

PHL MTC was given "S" Check cards to perform on the aircraft. The first group of mech's told them to send it back to MAE. My hat is off to you guys :up: . Unfortunately another shift came in and work began on the aircraft :down: .

While completing the work that should have been accomplished at MAE, Mechanics found a few items of concern. The main one being a connector panel on one of the engines that was just laying there LOOSE on the engine case!!!!! This panel is normally held in place by 14 bolts that were NOT INSTALLED. So what else did they leave out at MAE??

Pictures were taken of the discrepancies and sent to the FAA :up: !!! If it were up to me I would make the company re-do the check INHOUSE as a penalty!!!

So where is the "quality maintenance and quality control / oversight" that I have heard so much about from you ignorant fools????? How did this plane get released from a heavy check INCOMPLETE from a vendor???? How about some answers HAWK :angry: !!!!!! Our own mechanics are going out the door in exchange for this crap??? You should take up russian roulette while you are at it.

If this bird flew over the pond before this negligent maintenance event was discovered UAIR WOULD HAVE LOST IT'S ETOPS CERTIFICATE!!!!!!!! Too bad it didn't.

I would suggest that you flyboys take a keen interest in what is going on at MAE. Redundancy is only as good as the maintenance being performed!! The likes of HAWK and Castleveter will LIE and spin it off in their usual way :down: !! The ball is in your court now. UAIR maintenance is history by March. At what point do you demand accountability and reliable maintenance???? Or do you just play the "What you don't know can't hurt you game???" I promise you that eventually it will catch up to you and HURT YOU. Just you wait and see.

When assured quality and safety are governed by cost savings...look out!!

I want some answers HAWK. If you know all that you say you do, let's hear it <_< .

The sad thing is nothing will change till one of these becomes a lawn dart with fatalities and injuries.

I happened to to work one of the first a/c scheduled into this so called "maintenance facility" after it was delivered back to us. I went to plug in the vaccum cleaner (thats right, some of us do vacccum the a/c) there was nothing to plug into. The entire socket was gone! Nothing there but a shell, I lifted up the flap in the galley and lo and behold, just a place to put a socket. I reported it to my foreman, but he was too busy checking out the admin clerk to get off his butt and see for himself!.......And if anybody is wondering, the foreman is still there and now lives with the former admin clerk! :rolleyes: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry:

i'd sugget U send the planes to the facilities that LUV and Jetblue uses for their outsourcing.

skyflyr69 said:
i'd sugget U send the planes to the facilities that LUV and Jetblue uses for their outsourcing.
[post="245464"][/post]​

that is until they have problems with the planes similar to what usair maintaince is finding. i think the faa should penalize severly the companies that perform the work on these birds or bring it all back in house

How many people are sick of hearing the same kids talk about the same things...?

How will you feel when the your flying on experiences a problem?

Do you want it to become a lawn dart?

Sick of hearing what? The work is sub-standard and since you work on the aircraft while in flight, I would think you would care about the maintenance of these birds. Other wise, Good Luck and God Bless.

flyboi says some of the dumbest things on this board. I would ignore him. He has opinions about things that he has no clue about. flyboi really dude you gotta zip the lip sometimes , your making an *ss out of your self.

usfliboi obviously has no clue about the 3rd party maintenance and by the sound of it he could care less....well of course as long as he's not on the one that suffers a catastrophic decompression or breakup. perhaps he should go and visit with some of SOUTHWEST'S mechanics and ask them about how much rework they have to accomplish due to substandard outsourced maintenance. Its called the "Law Of Average" usfliboi and its not a matter of IF but WHEN! Try neglecting your car and see how far it gets you, sooner or later pal its gonna leave you on the side of the road, unfortunately cruising at 35,000 ft at 500 mph when the #### hits the fan You wont be needing AAA or hitching a ride.

fatherof2 said:
I happened to to work one of the first a/c scheduled into this so called "maintenance facility" after it was delivered back to us. I went to plug in the vaccum cleaner (thats right, some of us do vacccum the a/c) there was nothing to plug into. The entire socket was gone! Nothing there but a shell, I lifted up the flap in the galley and lo and behold, just a place to put a socket. I reported it to my foreman, but he was too busy checking out the admin clerk to get off his butt and see for himself!.......And if anybody is wondering, the foreman is still there and now lives with the former admin clerk! :rolleyes: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry:
[post="245450"][/post]​
I think I know who U are talking about , poor Alex doesn't have very good taste in women!!!!!! :shock: :lol: :p