Question about LH regarding fare buckets?

kinglobjaw

Senior
Sep 13, 2005
ORD
www.kinglobjaw.com
I don't know if there is anyone from LH here, but this has been bugging me lately.

If you go into JULY 2009 and look up LAX-FRA and indicate the later flight out of LAX, [LH 451] and pick say JULY 5 or 6, you will notice the F is always zeroed out. J class and Y class has availability, but none in First...

The same thing occurs for the inbound aircraft for this flight. Later flight from FRA-LAX [450] (both are 747's) also has F zeroed out and now just around the 5th or the 6th of July, but even as far as July 30, 2009.

Furthermore, LH website will not list F as available on any of these flights if you try a mock booking, but when I called LH's North America reservations line, they said they can sell me F. Clearly this misunderstanding doesn't involve sold out F classes, but I fear a downgrade to a 2 class a/c. (333-not enough range, so a 2 class 343?)

Since I'm booked on 451 I'm sort of afraid I'll end up in in J, but the sooner the better to make the change.

Can someone from LH confirm/deny or share what this all could mean? I would really appreciate that.

-Kinglobjaw.