Question about Meal Service on Westbound Late evening departures !

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
This is a question for any crews that have worked these flights or anyone who has flown on them. The current meal cut off time is 8:00 PM both for First Class meals and BOB in coach. On the current schedules their is a PHX departure out of CLT and PHX/LAS/SEA departures out of PHL departing between 8:00 and 9:00PM. In the past flights in this time window served nothing but bevarages which to me is ludicruous but now on shares it's shows a meal code of M in First and on the website it has the word "meal". Curious as to what level of service this is, I would assume a scaled down Dinner service but since it does not say snack it has me wondering? It also shows BOB in coach which shows some logic for a flight of that length.

Thanks in advance for serious, not deragatory replies.

LGA777

I would guess it is a full dinner service. All Hot meal choices in F. And a full BOB menu in coach.

I worked CLT to SAT all last month, flight departed at 606pm, blocked at 3:14. NO meals offered in First, nor snack boxes available in coach. Its operated on a 319, West metal. I felt it was a disservice not to offer at least a snack item in first such as a half sandwich/side salad. The snack basket just doesnt make up for it at dinner time.

I will email my contact in catering to get your full answer.
Jet

M is what US seems to use for the 'lighter' meals, such as the service in between lunch and dinner hours that is served on PHX-eat coast routes. It's typically half a sandwich with a small salad ... or a pasta with a small amount of protein (such as chicken or salmon).

I flew on the 8:45PM PHL-LAS Monday night in F.

Choices were the parmesian pasta or a chicken quesedilla.

I heard them making announcements that BOB was available for Y as well.

I'm not sure if the pasta / quesedilla are the normal transcon dinner options or the aforementioned "lighter meal"...

USFlyer has it right. If it's the regular meal service it'll say Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner (B,L,D).

Jim

Latest posts