Question for current and former USAirways Mechanics

mw817

Sep 8, 2006
I have a question for all you current and former USAirways mechanics. We at SWA have a new addition to our family who hails from your carrier, Tony Lowery who is our Senior Director of Maintenance.

I'm just curious of how he was thought of while employed by your airline. We've heard things... some good some not so good.

Since we're coming into contract negotiations next year, I'm wondering how his past management tendencies will come into play here.

Anyone care to share some insight on him?

Untrustworthy.. That's the word you are looking for.. Do not trust him, believe none of what he says.

He didn't leave US Airways he got the boot.. Keep that in mind.

This is a suprise, SWA hiring someone from a legacy carrier. I would have thought SWA would have hired some snot-nose college graduate because he could tell a joke.

This is a suprise, SWA hiring someone from a legacy carrier. I would have thought SWA would have hired some snot-nose college graduate because he could tell a joke.

You'd be surprised.... We have several ex-USAirways guys in MX Control now who hired directly into those positions. And I hear some of your old guys from BWI are now with us there and I heard there was one at MCO as well. Good guys from what I heard, just abused like red-headed step-children in their past lives.

Ive known Tony since he was a mechanic back at Braniff in Dallas.I would say he took more to USAIR than they had to offer him.The 2 airlines are worlds apart in there thinking.USAIR only screws good people.Keep that in mind.Back in the day we fixed planes,got er done and went home.Today its a pain in the butt to go to work.If Tony was asked to leave its cause he didnt see eye to eye on the way things are done here.So what,look at the way the morons run this place,thats not Tony's way at all.

If he is back in Dallas,he's home.With the good people you have there Im sure Tony will be an asset to your airline.JMHO :up:

You guys got the best of the bunch.....

Hes the good guy to work for, he's honest and fair. I worked with him for years and can say he's a good man.

I also left USAirways 2 years ago for the same reason. They don't want good relationships.

SL

A good joke we can use, a stupid post like yours we can't.... :up:

We do hire from other airlines all the time, why don't you check your facts before you insert foot into mouth. I"m sure you perform that act often, lol.