Question for HP employees

Bambi

Sep 17, 2005
How many HP customer service agents believed when we voted the Teamsters in 2 years ago that we would have a "say" as to the contract we would have? That being the case, how many are questioning this alliance and automatically coming under CWA contract (bankrupcy contract, mind you) without any VOTE at all by the employees in this decision? We voted for the Alliance ONLY. Not the CONTRACT!

That being the case, if this stands, then how many of you want to see our payscale upgraded immediately!? Not this 2 year span thing.

We will all be doing same jobs for different pay from US EAST agents for 2 more years! Is this what we "bargained" for?

There needs to be ANSWERS from the Teamsters! Answers NOW, not later after it's too late for us to do anything about this!

SO...any response from HP employees here would be appreciated. Also, any response from ANY Teamsters steward on here would also be appreciated.

Thanks all.

It's certainly not what I was "bargaining" for. However, I will reserve my opinion until the rest of the language for said contract is completely worked out. (I have read that they are still working on issues such as vacation and sick time...is this correct?)

With the first of the union mergers happening and the hp gate agents getting paid the same as us east agents, are the rest of hp employees getting a pay raise ? I thought it was the other way around. That US east workers were dropping in pay down to hp levels so that we could survive. At this rate we will be chap. 11 again in a few years.