Question For Sea Employees

Headhunter

Jan 30, 2004
This question is for the SEA employees.
I recently flew out of SEA on a full flight, and you all were the nicest, friendliest, fairest, most efficient customer service agents I've seen at US in a long time. You even LOOKED good; your uniforms were neatly pressed, you even wore your jackets the whole time, and your pins were affixed properly. I could even understand your announcements and the zone boarding process over the P.A. system in the gate area.
So what's it like working at gates that are not even conspicuously marked US Airways?!
There were small signs just taped up behind the podium, like someone had printed them out on their home computer's color printer!
Does Properties & Facilities know about this?
Some customers arrived at the terminal early, and could not even find the gate... not even when they asked nearby UA employees, who didn't even know themselves where US's gates were.
I've flown fly-by-night commuter operations in the Caribbean which had gates that looked more permanent than US's at SEA!!!

I've been flying NW for the past two months, but as I recall US seems to hop around the North terminal. And, those gates I believe are shared as US has no need for them after 2 p.m. PT up until 10 p.m. PT.

And, yes, I have always had a pleasant experience with the SEA staff! If US's future were more certain, I never would have switched over to NW, but I'm building up a backup "just in case".