Question On Pay

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Question on Pay

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - US Airways Today continues to provide answers to questions e-mailed by employees in advance of Dave Siegel's webcast last week, which he was unable to address due to time constraints.

Q. How much was Dave Siegel's bonus and pay for 2003? How are he and other senior officers going to participate in givebacks?

A. Siegel's cash compensation last year was $637,000. Many employees will view that as a lot of money, but his pay is consistent with CEOs of other companies in and out of the industry.

Siegel did not receive a bonus in 2003 and will not receive one in 2004. Disclosure filings to be filed soon will monetize the value of the stock that the Board of Directors granted to him as an incentive to stay with the company. However, he is not vested in that stock and will likely not be vested in any stock until at least 2005. It could be worth millions of dollars – or it could be worth nothing.

As far as concessions go, everyone will participate. The officers of the company have already given up the small pay raises that were approved for 2004. Just like they did two years ago, the leadership of the company will be participating. No one will be exempt, management included.

excuse me but i believe the mainline express employees should be exempt as we are the ones that had our pay reduce severly and now we're on food stamps and welfare due to the mgmt and union agreeing to this garbage. may be the pilot should have a reduce payscale to say about 80 or so grand a year and see how they react

robbedagain said:
mgmt and union agreeing to this garbage. may be the pilot should have a reduce payscale to say about 80 or so grand a year and see how they react
Your union did not agree to the contract, your fellow workers ratified it, put the blame where it belongs.

And I agree Mainline express should be exempt.

700UW said:
Your union did not agree to the contract, your fellow workers ratified it, put the blame where it belongs.

And I agree Mainline express should be exempt.
700UW

Just out of curiosity, is that how you forsee the next round of chicken?

A tentative agreement, without the union's endorsement, being proffered to the employees?

From the tealeaves I'm reading from 141M's chairman's conference, I'm guessing yes.

Ms. Levine, who IAM retained during U BK (isn't U OUT of BK, or is it Groundhog's Day?)has been painting a grim economic picture of U.

Ms. Levine, who IAM retained during U BK (isn't U OUT of BK, or is it Groundhog's Day?)has been painting a grim economic picture of U.
It’s anyone's guess as to what’s going to happen concerning the future of U or whether or not Management will try to circumvent the IAM and purpose a contract without their leadership’s approval. As far as Ms. Levine painting a grim economic picture of U... who hasn’t?

I don't see the IAM coming to the table to discuss concessions, this management team has shown their inability to adhere to current agreements, so you can never trust them again.

We gave twice, our labor costs are the lowest, it is not a labor problem it is a management team with no vision and no ability to run this airline.

They need to generate revenue, not try to turn a profit from our paychecks.

For an example, LH wanted US to do the maintenance, cleaning, ground handling and customer service for their CLT-MUC flight and US said no.

They have no vision and no idea of what it takes to make this company successful,they have alienated their greatest assets the employees. They try to manage and negotiate with fear and intimidation and make sure they do it publicly and not within the US family.

I have a bad feeling that this company will not be in business by the end of this year. I hope I am wrong.

colorado cowboy (loved Mesa Verde, and the drive thru the mountains back to DEN!)

I have no doubt management will try to circumvent the IAM.

My question is, will the IAM let them?

I hope everybody plays straight pool, but I have my doubts.

ACrazy8 said:
Why do you continue to work for a company that has you on food stamps?
actually i have been with the company for a long while and i enjoy airplanes but it was the mgmt and union leader agreeing to throw the real money making cities into the outsourced mainline express and the cities that we could have gone to are now outsourced to the crummy mainline express so what good would it have done if i transferred only to move repeatedly again and again?

robbedagain, I think the point was no matter how much you love your job, if you can't live on the salary and are as upset with management as you are why do you stay? I'm actually quite curious myself, especially if other jobs out there are paying more. (Having to live on food stamps is unacceptable -- if US has driven you to that, something really does need to change.)

We are joining the star alliance this may and this alone is supposed to generate 259 million a year so what more could he possibly be asking for. This is nuts we are heading in the right direction. I don’t give a rats behind about LUV in Philadelphia
We can win there with some productivity changes and some descent management.

I think you mean 25 million, not 259 million (unless I misread the reorganization plan). The UA codeshare is somewhere in the 200 million range I think, and the LH codeshare is somewhere in the 50 million range I think. However, with UA pricing US metal way too low in some markets, I suspect the 200 million figure is now too high.

I was sure I heard that number but it could be inflated, but lets say it's 100 million or even less I can't imagine it being much less this star alliance gig is big and connects us to every continent and them to us.

Doc said:
I was sure I heard that number but it could be inflated, but lets say it's 100 million or even less I can't imagine it being much less this star alliance gig is big and connects us to every continent and them to us.
For US to take full benefit of Star, it really needs to beef up service to "Star gateway" cities. No JFK service is no good. MIA service only to hubs is no good. IAD service is poor (props to PIT, some 73s to CLT and no service to PHL), etc. Some additional PHL flights to Star hubs, particularly in Europe and South America (even if the flights are only seasonal ... i.e, SA in the winter and Europe in the summer), are also needed.

Anyway, we're way off topic here ... :)

We were asked to join the alliance and one of the reasons was or east coast presence even though the alliance will benefit from the alliance we will be the big winner here they didn’t ask us to join for no reason.
Oh and by the way our 757 that were outfitted with 8 seats in first class have to be change to 12 to meet the minimum requirements of the alliance. Now I think that the knuckle head that made the decision to change them in the first place should be fired or demoted as should the guy that didn’t order enough head sets……

Latest posts