Questions About Airtran

MrBelding

Jun 14, 2004
Hello,

I have a few questions about Air Tran. If anyone could help, I would appreciate your honest answers. If I choose employment with AirTran I'll have to give up my call back rights at US Airways.

1) When you are on reserve. How many minutes do you get for Quick Calls? (Or are there even Quick Calls?)

2) On an average day, how many legs do you work?

3) How many flight hours is an average day worth?

4) When you are on reserve do you pick your trips or are they assigned?

5) Does AirTran FA's fly the CRJ airplanes or is that for an express airline?

6) How much is the pay raise at 6 months and a year?

Thanks a lot for your time.

1) 2 hours but home reserve is rare, reserves normally have airport reserve only.

2) 1 to 6 but 3 or four is average

3) 5- 7

4) assigned

5) RJs are gone but they were flown by Air Wisconsin crews

6) check the website

Reserve pretty much sucks but it only lasts a few months.

Thanks for the response. I just have a few more if you don't mind:

At US Airways we had 1, 2, 3, or 4 day trips, what do you have at AirTran?

If a segment of your trip is cancelled or a whole day is cancelled do you get paid for the flight time you didn't fly?

That's about it. I'm going on the interview in Florida at the end of August. Thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it.

MrBelding said:
Thanks for the response. I just have a few more if you don't mind:

At US Airways we had 1, 2, 3, or 4 day trips, what do you have at AirTran?

If a segment of your trip is cancelled or a whole day is cancelled do you get paid for the flight time you didn't fly?

That's about it. I'm going on the interview in Florida at the end of August. Thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it.
[post="166523"][/post]​

Same: 1, 2, 3 & 4 day trips.

Right now reserves don't get pay protected (no credit time, either; only actual) but that is likely to change with the new contract. Line holders don't get protection for weather cancellations unless it is the last 7-10 days of the month (I think). We have a lot of ex-US (as well as ex-AA, DL, EA, PA, etc.) F/As at AirTran. After only 2 1/2 years I can usually hold a three-on, four off....not bad! The rules aren't quite as cushy at AirTran as they are at the majors but it looks like the majors are getting rid of all the cushy stuff anyway. Best of luck to you.

Thanks for your time and your answers. I appreciate it.

gr8slvrflt said:
Same: 1, 2, 3 & 4 day trips.

Right now reserves don't get pay protected (no credit time, either; only actual) but that is likely to change with the new contract. Line holders don't get protection for weather cancellations unless it is the last 7-10 days of the month (I think). We have a lot of ex-US (as well as ex-AA, DL, EA, PA, etc.) F/As at AirTran. After only 2 1/2 years I can usually hold a three-on, four off....not bad! The rules aren't quite as cushy at AirTran as they are at the majors but it looks like the majors are getting rid of all the cushy stuff anyway. Best of luck to you.
[post="166564"][/post]​

You might also want to look at Frontier. I understand that they are going to have another hiring open house in the next couple of months. I have a friend who is flying for them now. She loves it.

She was in Dallas for a visit in early July. She already had her bid sheet for August. The great majority of the lines had a minimum of 15 days off, and most lines were 16-18 days off. The shortest layover I could find on the bidsheet was 14 hours block to block--most were 15-18 hours, and a few were 24 or more hours.

Latest posts