questions and answers with jeff hayden

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff hayden

Aug 22, 2007
In an effort to keep the membership more informed I will answer questions on this forum. Some questions should not be asked or answered outside of your local union hall or one on one with your reps, please use your best judgement. I will answer all questions truthfully based on facts I hope this will clear up some of the misinformation and help our group move forward with more solidarity and strength. thanks jeff

Well Jeff,
lets start with this. When YOU were in EWR for the Vote and WE SHOWED YOU where you were wrong in relation to wages with the CWA, WHY DID YOU COP AN ATTITUDE and tell us we were wrong? When WE ASKED YOU why do you care about the Class II cities since you DID NOT CARE LAST TIME you would not answer. PLEASE THESE ARE NOT QUESTIONS YOU CAN NOT ANSWER HERE !!!!!!

Well Jeff,
lets start with this. When YOU were in EWR for the Vote and WE SHOWED YOU where you were wrong in relation to wages with the CWA, WHY DID YOU COP AN ATTITUDE and tell us we were wrong? When WE ASKED YOU why do you care about the Class II cities since you DID NOT CARE LAST TIME you would not answer. PLEASE THESE ARE NOT QUESTIONS YOU CAN NOT ANSWER HERE !!!!!!
hi hope777, I stated that we were ahead of the CWA in the beginning of the contract and they passed us at the end, in relation to wages.I also stated that if you add our pension we are always ahead of the CWA. One member said if we count the company match for the CWA that they would be ahead of us. I did the math on that and stated that was not correct. I pulled out the CWA contract and our TA and read them both to the members in the room.To answer your second question, I care about everyone in this membership, and I did not play a role in the creation of class 2 cities and I believe that was a mistake. I would have rather seen one wage for our entire group. The Transtion Ageement eliminates class 2 cities, the arbitration case may not. I would have been willing to give up my portion of the profit sharing to eliminate class 2 cities and some of the other bankruptcy imposed language in our current agreement for the betterment of the entire membership. I hope this answers your questions and that you and your city remain strong in solidarity and strength. Also please remember my goal for answering questions on this forum is to bring the membership together, not divide us. thanks Jeff

Hello, Jeff!
We can assume you are a representative of IAM up in Philadelphia? Would you please back up and recognise who we are writing about. This message board has just become a resource for mechanics/fleet agents both East/West. This message board has been instrumental in relays information. But, it is critical, at this time, to clarify who and what and when and why we are in this mess. I hope the IAM can clarify and decifer for all parties involved. You fella' are our last resort.
This site has become a quagmire of misdirected information. We'll keep watching.

hi hope777, I stated that we were ahead of the CWA in the beginning of the contract and they passed us at the end, in relation to wages.I also stated that if you add our pension we are always ahead of the CWA. One member said if we count the company match for the CWA that they would be ahead of us. I did the math on that and stated that was not correct. I pulled out the CWA contract and our TA and read them both to the members in the room.To answer your second question, I care about everyone in this membership, and I did not play a role in the creation of class 2 cities and I believe that was a mistake. I would have rather seen one wage for our entire group. The Transtion Ageement eliminates class 2 cities, the arbitration case may not. I would have been willing to give up my portion of the profit sharing to eliminate class 2 cities and some of the other bankruptcy imposed language in our current agreement for the betterment of the entire membership. I hope this answers your questions and that you and your city remain strong in solidarity and strength. Also please remember my goal for answering questions on this forum is to bring the membership together, not divide us. thanks Jeff
Hi jeff,

Jeff I was a member of the Local Chairman's committee back in 2003 or whenever it was when the IAM brought the IAM pension plan on the property. Fleet service had a 401k in which the company put in up to 10% 'company' contributions if employees took full advantage of it. It was portable, could be used for college, mortgage, and other hard times. Then with the IAM pension, fleet took a terrible beating by allowing the company to restict its payments to 5% for full time, and the IAM agreed with the company that part time should only get about half of that. The IAM also agreed that the IAM pension would only count for 40 hours, unlike the 401k that forced the company to contribute on all hours including overtime. Fleet service felt great 'pain' to the tune of a 48.2 million dollar concession with the IAM pension alone. The IAM pension plan was a 48.2 million concession to the 401k. I thought it was a shame that the IAM officials didn't let the rank and file know that the IAM pension was the second biggest concession in that contract.

regards,

Why do we have some many different seniority systems, and the iam won't do anything to correct it? Everyone should be on a level playing field.
Hi ramp rogue, the reason for the different seniority dates is, because every time frame of members was grandfathered in using the date that they used during that time. Such as hours worked, age not ss number in hiring class, clasification date, hire date. I believe the seniority system is done as fairly as possible. In simple terms what ever date you use now you will continue to use, just because we had a merger I dont think we should adjust our seniority so some members could move ahead of members they are currently behind. I think this mostly applies to the time we lost when we were part time but I believe that was fairly done because pt members did not acrue the same time as ft during that time frame. The IAM has a committee made up of fleet service members that are working on this. Please contact them and voice your concerns, that is what the union is all about. Ask your local reps for contact info. I also lost alot of time when i was pt. hope this helps thanks jeff

Hi jeff,

Jeff I was a member of the Local Chairman's committee back in 2003 or whenever it was when the IAM brought the IAM pension plan on the property. Fleet service had a 401k in which the company put in up to 10% 'company' contributions if employees took full advantage of it. It was portable, could be used for college, mortgage, and other hard times. Then with the IAM pension, fleet took a terrible beating by allowing the company to restict its payments to 5% for full time, and the IAM agreed with the company that part time should only get about half of that. The IAM also agreed that the IAM pension would only count for 40 hours, unlike the 401k that forced the company to contribute on all hours including overtime. Fleet service felt great 'pain' to the tune of a 48.2 million dollar concession with the IAM pension alone. The IAM pension plan was a 48.2 million concession to the 401k. I thought it was a shame that the IAM officials didn't let the rank and file know that the IAM pension was the second biggest concession in that contract.

regards,

Hey! For the common man, Who the Heck is in charge of the discussion. Tim is now fighting Jeff. Whoa! I initialy asked Jeff Who are You! Tim already chastised Jeff. PLEASEZZZZ! Let's get real here! Who are you Jeff. And by the way, who are you, Tim.

Hi jeff,

regards,
Hi Tim I spoke to you on the phone the other day. I also was happy with the 401 because i took full advantage of it and worked alot of ot. I am also very happy with IAM pension plan and I still contribute the maxium to my 401 which is more than 5% if that is what you were saying. So we still have a 401 and all the benefits that you mentioned minus the company match. If we can continue to increase the hourly contribution rate to the pension, I believe the membership will benefit greatly from the pension. The combination of the two retirement plans is probably the best way to go by reducing the risk in the 401 and only a very small percentage of fleet service used the 401 I believe. As far as the pension being a concession I dont know the value but I will request that info and post it. Lets assume your numbers are accurate, that 48 million would have been made up in other concessions to reach the value of the give back imposed by the bankruptcy judge. So the concessions would still have to have been made in some form. So if your numbers are accurate we would have lost more had the IAM not had a pension plan. As far as the leadership not telling the members about the value of the concessions i personally have never not recieved information that i have requested from the district or international. We had the pension girls at our city last month and the membership found it to be very informative. I would suggest you guys do the same so the members know the type of investment vehicle the pension plan is. I hope this helps and also i hope everyone is investing as much as they can afford in the 401k it is a great supplement to our pension. thanks jeff

Hey! For the common man, Who the Heck is in charge of the discussion. Tim is now fighting Jeff. Whoa! I initialy asked Jeff Who are You! Tim already chastised Jeff. PLEASEZZZZ! Let's get real here! Who are you Jeff. And by the way, who are you, Tim.
hi my name is jeff hayden i am the phl committee chairman. My goal here is to give the membership accurate information and unify our group. thanks jeff

Hi ramp rogue, the reason for the different seniority dates is, because every time frame of members was grandfathered in using the date that they used during that time. Such as hours worked, age not ss number in hiring class, clasification date, hire date. I believe the seniority system is done as fairly as possible. In simple terms what ever date you use now you will continue to use, just because we had a merger I dont think we should adjust our seniority so some members could move ahead of members they are currently behind. I think this mostly applies to the time we lost when we were part time but I believe that was fairly done because pt members did not acrue the same time as ft during that time frame. The IAM has a committee made up of fleet service members that are working on this. Please contact them and voice your concerns, that is what the union is all about. Ask your local reps for contact info. I also lost alot of time when i was pt. hope this helps thanks jeff

But now pt do acrue the same time as ft. Which makes it unfair to the ones that didn't acrue at the same rate as ft. If pt's now can acrue at ft rate, then all pt's should have their seniority readjusted to acrue at the same rate as today's pt's. It is not the union way to make some things fair for some, and not for all. Unless the iam is behind who gets treated fairly.

Jeff,
For those who don't know, why don't you tell us how you became a Committee Chair. Was there a vote? And how long had you been an ACTIVE (i.e. shop steward, etc...) member of the local? Is it true that "more qualified" guys were running the local after the "PHL22" debacle until you came in and said "Tony says you are out and I'm in."?

Hi Tim I spoke to you on the phone the other day. I also was happy with the 401 because i took full advantage of it and worked alot of ot. I am also very happy with IAM pension plan and I still contribute the maxium to my 401 which is more than 5% if that is what you were saying. So we still have a 401 and all the benefits that you mentioned minus the company match. If we can continue to increase the hourly contribution rate to the pension, I believe the membership will benefit greatly from the pension. The combination of the two retirement plans is probably the best way to go by reducing the risk in the 401 and only a very small percentage of fleet service used the 401 I believe. As far as the pension being a concession I dont know the value but I will request that info and post it. Lets assume your numbers are accurate, that 48 million would have been made up in other concessions to reach the value of the give back imposed by the bankruptcy judge. So the concessions would still have to have been made in some form. So if your numbers are accurate we would have lost more had the IAM not had a pension plan. As far as the leadership not telling the members about the value of the concessions i personally have never not recieved information that i have requested from the district or international. We had the pension girls at our city last month and the membership found it to be very informative. I would suggest you guys do the same so the members know the type of investment vehicle the pension plan is. I hope this helps and also i hope everyone is investing as much as they can afford in the 401k it is a great supplement to our pension. thanks jeff

No Jeff, that's not what I was saying. I was not specifically referring to the money you or any other worker puts in his 401k, I thought i was clear, I explicitly stated the money your company was putting in the 401k.

Separately, I know Tony Armedio and I've had my disagreements with him. But I honestly do not believe Tony would have signed this last contract. Who put his name on this contract? Simple question, but deserves an answer because we all knew where Tony stood.

regards,

Worked a lot of ot????????? Who are you kidding????? Listen Jeff, you may be able to try to pull the wool over other station's eyes, but those in PHL know that you haven't actually WORKED ot in years. Isn't it true that you have it BUILT IN to your paycheck??? Even before you were a committeeman???? Why don't you just keep your lies and half-truths in PHL, take your blinders off, and go get the membership what we deserve. This company is going to make almost a billion dollars this year, the execs are getting richer by the day off our backs, and you and your boys brought back that piece of trash that the membership (even the class II cities ) threw back in your face. We are the 5th largest airline in the industry and almost dead last in pay scale. Listen to the membership for once and fight for what we deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.