Ramp Rat Voting results second update

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Your company found out that just because someone works the ramp doesn't mean they are stupid.
At any rate, after opening several of my emails, I received the following tally numbers and my understanding is that 7700 workers were eligible to vote. The breakdown of the vote follows:

Fleet service employees: 7,700

Station Total # of employees Yes No % Voted
DCA 250 37 99 54%
PHX 1200 578 52 53%
PHL 1600 65 816 55%
CLT 1200 20 720 62%
LAS 800 170 115 36%

This represents a big thumbs down at 68% rejection rates.

Only 2,650 eligible voters left and with almost 1,000 more No votes than Yes votes, it is now academic. For this contract to get passed, it would need a 100% participation of the remaining voters and would need a 68% Yes vote with perfect 100% participation.

What is most likely to happen since the vast majority of remaining voters are based in East Class 1 stations is that the rejection rate of the contract will rise significantly to over 70% and approach 80%. My understanding is that PIT, LGA, MCO are pathetically strong NO Votes.

Starting next week, I think it makes 'good sense' for all to vote NO for a showing of unity and to give IAM Boss, Doug Parker, and the Board of Directors, a strong message so that they start taking ramp rats serious. Remember, the bigger the NO vote, the bigger the message at this point. And a "Yes" vote at this point is a vote for your company leadership since a "Yes" vote will have no merit on this contract outcome.

Further, I am in process of putting together the comprehensive arbitration figures so everyone will have monetary breakdowns and know what each member will get after an arbitration award. Unfortunately, the IAM has 'refused' to put out any numbers on this because they apparently don't want you to keep them accountable and don't want you seeing the image of a 'high dollars'. Nonetheless, the numbers will be taken care of separate of the IAM's wishes.

As a side, I didn't find it surprising that "the PHL 6 figure men" , [Boss Canale, Chandlee, & Flynn] recommendation of a Yes vote had no legitimacy within the rank and file of PHL.
Odd how Boss Canale sorta scrambled and put up another 'goofy' update after he was apparently 'shaken and rattled' with the PHL numbers.
It appeared he tried to taint the remaining voters, however, CLT and others were not swayed with his repeated mention that the arbitration award may not happen for some time. Remember, Boss Canale is from 1776 in PHL and his own Local emphatically told him NO, even though Boss Canale has a paid salaried staff from Local 1776 that is into the hundreds of thousands.

regards,
email: [email protected]

For what it's worth. Tim I know often point out the leadership that for the
lack of the better word ''lacks''. But I would like people to know that out
of all the names that signed off on the TA (5 of which are from PHL) only 2
were down the hall. The Committee Chair (hayden) trying to get the YES Vote.
He was there all day and drove people down all day. In the end he drove down
more YES Votes then NO Votes and was not happy about it.He doesn't have any
pull in PHL, less 56 people, and Armedio, who was helpful, believe it or not to get
out the no's. But Bob Boland was extremely helpful in turning this away. He was never
asked by any of the leadership, his opinion.Because they knew he strongly disagreed
with this...He was there all day 0630-2230...talking to every prospective voter and was
just fantastic...that's the guy people in PHL respect and listen to. Like I said ALL DAY !!!

Thanks

Starting next week, I think it makes 'good sense' for all to vote NO for a showing of unity and to give IAM Boss, Doug Parker, and the Board of Directors, a strong message so that they start taking ramp rats serious. Remember, the bigger the NO vote, the bigger the message at this point. And a "Yes" vote at this point is a vote for your company leadership since a "Yes" vote will have no merit on this contract outcome.

how many times in my life have i heard that same statment said so many different ways your vote will not count don't bother etc etc....

Do not let namless ,faceless individuals sway your vote because of something you read on a non company , non union message board ... Read the contract talk to your reps , vote the way you feel best .... do not get sucked in by hype or misinformation , if you want to know the vote totals call the IAM , and i'm willing to bet you, they will tell you thats it secret until the end of the vote on sept 5th ... if their not telling you , then how do you think some strangers on a board got the information ? This could simply be an attempt to sap strengthaway from any yes voters ....

Do NOT let someone tell you that your vote doesn't count and won't matter , regardless of if you chose to vote yes or vote no, VOTE .

how many times in my life have i heard that same statment said so many different ways your vote will not count don't bother etc etc....

Do not let namless ,faceless individuals sway your vote because of something you read on a non company , non union message board ... Read the contract talk to your reps , vote the way you feel best .... do not get sucked in by hype or misinformation , if you want to know the vote totals call the IAM , and i'm willing to bet you, they will tell you thats it secret until the end of the vote on sept 5th ... if their not telling you , then how do you think some strangers on a board got the information ? This could simply be an attempt to sap strengthaway from any yes voters ....

Do NOT let someone tell you that your vote doesn't count and won't matter , regardless of if you chose to vote yes or vote no, VOTE .
Freedom,
nobody said a vote didn't count. It does, but at this point, it will only count towards unity among union brothers and sisters [no vote], or be a yes vote for your company. I know that sounds painful to you but you must be willing to accept the truth so you can move forward.

The basis for your reasoning of a yes vote is unfounded but I presume conditioned on the improbabilities that there will be a 100% outcome of all remaining voters and that about 70% of them would vote yes. I can assure you with the utmost of confidence that PIT's 450 voters are 'convining' No votes. The East far outnumber the west and I can also assure you that the remaining votes will most likely be in the neighborhood of 90% No's based on key people I have spoken with in various stations.
Freedom, I understand your frustrations but it's time to look up at the scoreboard bud. It's for your own good. Join the team instead of fighting the good results.

Freedom, and anyone else who is concerned about my statements of fact, kindly pick up a phone and call PHL or CLT, LAS, PHX, DCA for yourself and you will find that there is nothing secret about their tallies. The votes were counted and just because the I'll Ask Management union is now 'mum' doesn't mean CLT didn't vote 97% No.

regards,

For what it's worth. Tim I know often point out the leadership that for the
lack of the better word ''lacks''. But I would like people to know that out
of all the names that signed off on the TA (5 of which are from PHL) only 2
were down the hall. The Committee Chair (hayden) trying to get the YES Vote.
He was there all day and drove people down all day. In the end he drove down
more YES Votes then NO Votes and was not happy about it.He doesn't have any
pull in PHL, less 56 people, and Armedio, who was helpful, believe it or not to get
out the no's. But Bob Boland was extremely helpful in turning this away. He was never
asked by any of the leadership, his opinion.Because they knew he strongly disagreed
with this...He was there all day 0630-2230...talking to every prospective voter and was
just fantastic...that's the guy people in PHL respect and listen to. Like I said ALL DAY !!!

Thanks
My understanding is that Hayden is a nice fella but he made himself illegitimate by constantly turning the page that Boss Canale preached.
I understood that Armedio wanted to go to arbitration. I may not always agree with Boland or Armedio but let's face it, they are respected. Kinda puzzled at your statement about Armedio getting out the no's...didn't he sign the contract?

regards,

Your company found out that just because someone works the ramp doesn't mean they are stupid.
At any rate, after opening several of my emails, I received the following tally numbers and my understanding is that 7700 workers were eligible to vote. The breakdown of the vote follows:

Fleet service employees: 7,700

Station Total # of employees Yes No % Voted
DCA 250 37 99 54%
PHX 1200 578 52 53%
PHL 1600 65 816 55%
CLT 1200 20 720 62%
LAS 800 170 115 36%

This represents a big thumbs down at 68% rejection rates.

Only 2,650 eligible voters left and with almost 1,000 more No votes than Yes votes, it is now academic. For this contract to get passed, it would need a 100% participation of the remaining voters and would need a 68% Yes vote with perfect 100% participation.

What is most likely to happen since the vast majority of remaining voters are based in East Class 1 stations is that the rejection rate of the contract will rise significantly to over 70% and approach 80%. My understanding is that PIT, LGA, MCO are pathetically strong NO Votes.

Further, I am in process of putting together the comprehensive arbitration figures so everyone will have monetary breakdowns and know what each member will get after an arbitration award. Unfortunately, the IAM has 'refused' to put out any numbers on this because they apparently don't want you to keep them accountable and don't want you seeing the image of a 'high dollars'. Nonetheless, the numbers will be taken care of separate of the IAM's wishes.

As a side, I didn't find it surprising that "the PHL 6 figure men" , [Boss Canale, Chandlee, & Flynn] recommendation of a Yes vote had no legitimacy within the rank and file of PHL.
Odd how Boss Canale sorta scrambled and put up another 'goofy' update after he was apparently 'shaken and rattled' with the PHL numbers.
It appeared he tried to taint the remaining voters, however, CLT and others were not swayed with his repeated mention that the arbitration award may not happen for some time. Remember, Boss Canale is from 1776 in PHL and his own Local emphatically told him NO, even though Boss Canale has a paid salaried staff from Local 1776 that is into the hundreds of thousands.
regards,
email: [email protected]
Hrd to believe LAS folded....PIT has a reputation of no voting. As for Freedom, If we didn't network
the IAM would say it passed even if it didn't. Anyone out there got more results get them in. The truth will prevail and if it wasn't for guy's like nelson the truth may never be posted. The company lies and so does the union.
Just look at MTC, if it wasn't winable the would have cut a deal, and if not 16 months from now we'll negotiate in good faith. Parker should have sweetened the pie a little more. Holidays, sicktime and extra vacation would have pushed it through....not everyone wants the wage bait, but the total package would have done it. luv to all.

So when does the IAM/US Airways announce the official numbers?

Whatever......click, I believe, to enlarge....

Attachments

• baggage_handler.gif
    baggage_handler.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 383
Well to update everyone on what happened in LAS. The voted ended before the majority of the members and workers would have shown up to vote. Second the IAM leadership in LAS meaning mendenhall and chandlee were leaning over watching people vote and getting pissed when people were voting NO. There were shouting matches and even one of the trustees got up and walked out and said she wouldnt be party to what they were doing. Anyone who showed up and had a question they were told to just vote Yes. I dont think we folded we got double the no votes than PHX did. PHX is amazed at how they are now the little step child and they must look pretty dumb to see how everyone else voted while they are drinking Dougies Koolaid.

Well looks like this discussion is now moot , my “sourceâ€￾ that I trust within our union has told me that from the information they’ve been gathering it looks like this is gonna pass by a safe margin , so TA TA for now! If they vanish me to the corn field oh well lol Now I’ll have money so I can go out and DO things hahaha , ah it’s nice not to have to worry anymore .. Well best of luck to you in organizing your NO campaign , my prediction is that it doesn’t go too far , campaigns require work , unpaid work ha ha ha

Sorry I don’t mean to gloat (well not too much anyways )lol , to all of you who think things will be worse you need to check yourself right now , if your in the awa contract or a class two station this will significantly improve your life , if your in a class one station , your going to get a raise ..

Freedom

WHAT CAN I SAY ...he said enough...

I want to say Thanks to everyone who WORKED to get out the NO VOTE !!! Freedom get another source.