Real question- Can WN F/As be professional golfers at the CCY OPEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfb

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
El Gato said:
Over at the airlines that are making money(Southwest, Jetblue, Airtran...), their flight attendants are busting their asses to get the job done.

How much are the flight attendants at Southwest making when compared to the ones at US Airways?

El Gato said:
Ha ha ha, It really won't be "their job" when their butts are thrown onto the street in a liquidation. What, are they too good to help turn a plane? Too old or maybe too many pounds on them to do it? Over at the airlines that are making money(Southwest, Jetblue, Airtran...), their flight attendants are busting their asses to get the job done. They help clean the plane, they sometimes even help get bags onboard if needed...Guess the PITbull-ish ilk of the world are too good for that.

Oh well, that's what unemployment is for!
[post="264599"][/post]​

I guess the same goes for AA, UA, DL, CO, AW, f/a's , and all those who don't go and throw bags when the plane is late, or those who don't help pull tickets, or those who don't help fuel the plane, or those that don't go to dispatch, scheduling, res, how about sales, or you name it. Those who don't do some one else's job when the airline is late are all causing the airlines to go under. Hey, I know, I can fly the plane if we're short of pilots. :D

El Gato go back under your rock and get a life. If any business doesn't have enough people to do their specific job, it's not the fault of the workers, it's the owners or the people running it. I can't imagine the receptionist offering to help my doctor operate when he is swamped with patients, cuz she wants to make sure his business doesn't go under! :down:

TomBascom said:
Buzz off turkey. We could be paying less and getting more on SWA.
[post="264659"][/post]​
More on WN?? What?? You get a CUP and a BAG of peanuts NOTHING more. You don't even have an option to buy food. If you are going to make that comparision you better back it up with some credible evidence.

Twicebaked said:
More on WN?? What?? You get a CUP and a BAG of peanuts NOTHING more. You don't even have an option to buy food. If you are going to make that comparision you better back it up with some credible evidence.
[post="264669"][/post]​

You sometimes get stand up on WN. Sometimes the FAs provide the humor... sometimes the passengers themselves (watch Airline sometime for examples). That's "free" entertainment.

Twicebaked said:
[post="264669"][/post]​

Clean planes that arrive on time. With a sensibly predictable fare structure.

And give up the cup thing already. You know perfectly well that it isn't true. You want to be credible? Try flying SW with your eyes open. US Airways management ought to try that once in a while too -- if they want to be like SW they really shouldn't do it based on third hand impressions of what being like SW means.

TomBascom said:
I volunteer to burn as many miles as it takes to send any of them off on one-way golf trips while GE et al get real management into the place.
[post="264688"][/post]​

Fly them into BLF or BKW. We have a nice "executive" 9 hole course in addition to a beautiful 18 hole course here at Pipestem Resort park (http://www.pipestemresort.com).

Wait, the 9 hole course is very challenging (especially hole #8).. and this is CCY management we are talking about... they wimp out on challenges. :down:

Pipestem does have an 18 hole miniature golf course for the kiddies that might be more their speed. B) When do we want to schedule the CCY mini golf open? Perhaps Billy Packer is available to do the commentary??

Twicebaked said:
[post="264669"][/post]​

It's certainly more than just peanuts on many flights -- plus you'll get a drink on flights that US and others would consider too short for service. If both you and Bob got over your fear of unassigned seating for just one flight, I think you'd be surprised at the product/service that WN put out -- and the mix of pax on board. Lots of biz types on the lfights I've been on (from CLE, DAL, BWI and a few other places)

jimcfs said:
When do we want to schedule the CCY mini golf open?
[post="264692"][/post]​

All official CCY Golf MUST be played in ALABAMA. Remember that! Of course, they must book positive space in F (for all participants AND their selected travel companions), they must stay at an official RSA certified/owned resort and play on an official RSA certified/owned golf course. All rooms and fees will be charged full rate and there will be an open bar in the club house every evening. All meals must be eaten on premises and off the a la carte menu. RSA has to make its money back some way, and what the heck, we already got the tip money from the employees the last round of concessions! :rolleyes:

Just to keep it on topic. Maybe they can get the maid at the RSA approved/certified resort to head to the airport to take care of the plane when she is done making up the beds. :up:

jimcfs said:
You sometimes get stand up on WN. Sometimes the FAs provide the humor... sometimes the passengers themselves (watch Airline sometime for examples). That's "free" entertainment.
[post="264673"][/post]​

I don't call being unprofessional "free" entertainment.

TomBascom,

I flew SWA way before I work for US and I HATED IT!!!!
It was the most unprofessional Greyhound type experience I have ever had in my life. It's like WALMART..I won't shop there either. I can't stand the type of people that shop there. (Not all) It may work for you, but it DOESN'T work for many others.

Twicebaked said:
TomBascom,

I flew SWA way before I work for US and I HATED IT!!!!
It was the most unprofessional Greyhound type experience I have ever had in my life. It's like WALMART..I won't shop there either. I can't stand the type of people that shop there. (Not all) It may work for you, but it DOESN'T work for many others.
[post="264700"][/post]​

Too bad you hate those types...they seem to be making SWA a profit. But if their dollar isn't good enough for you, there's always the hope for a merger with America West - or liquidation.

KCFlyer said:
Too bad you hate those types...they seem to be making SWA a profit. But if their dollar isn't good enough for you, there's always the hope for a merger with America West - or liquidation.
[post="264732"][/post]​
Fuel Hedging is making SWA a profit....

insp89 said:
Fuel Hedging is making SWA a profit....
[post="264733"][/post]​

I would suggest that if SWA wasn't so big into fuel hedging, they would have still found other ways to make a profit. That's sort of how their managment works. It also doesn't hurt that they will gladly accept "Walmart shoppers" money and welcome them on board their aircraft. Only pointing that out to the other poster - you "hate" those types, then you are free to encourage them to shop elsewhere. Or....you can hope for a "merger" (that will create more problems) or liquidation.

KCFlyer said:
I would suggest that if SWA wasn't so big into fuel hedging, they would have still found other ways to make a profit. That's sort of how their managment works. It also doesn't hurt that they will gladly accept "Walmart shoppers" money and welcome them on board their aircraft. Only pointing that out to the other poster - you "hate" those types, then you are free to encourage them to shop elsewhere. Or....you can hope for a "merger" (that will create more problems) or liquidation.
[post="264738"][/post]​
If you guys want to discuss WN, find another thread to do it in. Most of us here could give a rat about WN. TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE

Status
Not open for further replies.