Reality Check Time

B

bryan240sx

Okay, folks. Time for a reality check. I know it's a tough swallow, but I'm going to point out some cold, hard facts about US Airways:

Your airline is an EMBARRASSMENT
  1. The CEO openly admits he intends to unload the airline
  2. US Airways is hanging on solely because of O/D traffic at their hubs...and that is fleeting. Customers are increasingly unwilling to sacrifice their dignity to fly direct.. much to the chagrin of the Tempe folks.
  3. Customer Service is the poorest I've ever experienced as a customer (Someone please tell me another airline that's worse) and I know plenty of you customers agree with me
  4. Why not? If I worked for such an awful employer, I'd be pissed off too and I'd treat a customer like a dog as well.
  5. The airline is shrinking, not growing...replacing mainline with RJ's is called SHRINKAGE.
  6. Employees are stealing bags and allegedly committing payroll fraud for God's sake.
  7. CEO has called your PHL hub (the employees) "an embarrassment"
  8. The service to China...US will be long gone by the time that service will even potentially start
  9. The hubs in CLT and PHL are irrelevant on a national scale
  10. The hubs in PHX and LAS will easily be taken over by Southwest
  11. There is not ONE REASON to fly US Airways over another carrier...even when comparing a US direct flight versus a connection on another carrier
  12. It's not going to get better.
  13. Those Airbuses...aren't ever going to be delivered...
  14. The potential "buyer" will be shutting US down...not keeping the dead dog running...it's about capacity reduction, as Doug Parker has said to you guys NUMEROUS times. One of the few things Doug hasn't lied about...break it up and sell the pieces.
  15. The Airline constantly tells everyone (employees and customers) that everything above is not true, even though it really is.
Okay, that being said... Why the hell are you working for US Airways and still flying them? You US cheerleaders...you're all being played like a fiddle...so before you bash me and tell me how you're thinking about the company's future by looking on the bright side, etc....remember, you have no future...and mark my words on that. Anyone who stakes their good name on a piss-poor carrier who treats people (customers and employees alike) like this has no regard for their credibility and will have a difficult time getting past this when the carrier finally folds (and it will).

It's not about East versus West...US Airways is ONE AIRLINE....formed from two....joined together at the back facing opposite directions desperately trying to tear each other apart. The management are just trying to buy themselves enough time to unload the carrier (and you guys with it) with all of their cheerleading. They have no intention of growing anything. They have no long-term strategy and no intention of making it work.

If you really cared about US Airways, truly cared, you'd not stand for what the management was trying to do to the workplace that you America West and US Airways people worked at for so many years. You'd be doing everything in your power to put a stop to their ridiculous plans to market the carrier for a buyout. You, east and west together, need to demand better: BETTER COMPUTER SYSTEM, BETTER INFLIGHT PRODUCT, BETTER FRONT LINE EMPLOYEES, ETC. Instead, you're rallying behind these clowns who are ultimately going to lead you all to your demise. It's truly sad how you've all been manipulated. There is no plan coming out of the current management team that is going to lead to anything but implosion. If this isn't abundantly clear by now...I don't know what is. You need to take a stand and do it fast.

The synergies between America West and US Airways could be realized and you could be one great carrier if you had competent management who would be willing to fully exploit them and provide a competitive product, not use them as a way of marketing the carrier to potential buyers.

The point of my post is informative...and to say, be ready, folks. Be ready for the end if you do nothing.

As for me...I'm flying US less and less, but I'm still there when I can be. I just can't count on anything anymore. I do like a lot of you guys on the front-line and I enjoy those friendly faces, even though the seats are falling apart, there's no food in first class...wine in a party cup, etc. I still remember when things were good and I'm praying for a miracle. You guys are beaten down and don't need to hear this from me to know the airline is a disaster.

Ultimately, you guys, THE EMPLOYEES are going to have to put a stop to this before it brings us all down The airline has made it abundantly clear that they do not care what customers think. Customer relations no longer answers the phone. We just file DOT complaints now. From what I read, they care even less about what you guys think....but you are the guys who put the planes in the air. We're held hostage in many cases by the route structure. The customers are your PAYMASTERS folks...WE pay the bills...NOT Doug Parker. And you need to realize that the product you are providing at your management's dictation is not acceptable.

Please, guys, do something.

-Bryan
DM Preferred Gold

Just remember, you have a choice when flying..................

You get what you pay for

Don't like it - go somewhere else (although the service pretty much blows at most of the other majors anyway)

Most of us don't give a rat's ### anymore anyway.

You get what you pay for

Don't like it - go somewhere else (although the service pretty much blows at most of the other majors anyway)

Nice username. :lol:

Very heartfelt message but you're not telling us anything new. I have written e-mail after e-mail to Tempe regarding the sad state of affairs of this operation. As a front line employee (F/A) I do the best I can with the tools that I am NOT given.
As far as getting rid of the idiots running this place, I'd love to but the BOD is happy with them so they stay where they are. Eventually this place will just implode----it's started already in PHL....
it's a house of cards waiting to fall.
Don't blame the employees though--- you say that we need to do something before it's too late---but you need to consider this--
We don't control who's on the throne and we never will.

You get what you pay for

Nice attitude, Cat. Oh, and don't blame us-we never asked for these insanely low fares, just FAIR fares. And US prices out MORE than most of the competition in most markets, especially in the east. PLUS, for what its worth, the other majors blow MUCH less than US does right now.

Bryan, as usual you are right on. This company had the potential to be a blockbuster success, but soon there won't be any FF's left, just kettles....and the supply of first time US flyers dwindles every time a new kettle flies......

Okay, folks. Time for a reality check. I know it's a tough swallow, but I'm going to point out some cold, hard facts about US Airways:

2. US Airways is hanging on solely because of O/D traffic at their hubs...and that is fleeting. Customers are increasingly unwilling to sacrifice their dignity to fly direct.. much to the chagrin of the Tempe folks.
  3. Customer Service is the poorest I've ever experienced as a customer (Someone please tell me another airline that's worse) and I know plenty of you customers agree with me
  4. Why not? If I worked for such an awful employer, I'd be pissed off too and I'd treat a customer like a dog as well.
  5. The airline is shrinking, not growing...replacing mainline with RJ's is called SHRINKAGE.
  6. Employees are stealing bags and allegedly committing payroll fraud for God's sake.
  8. The service to China...US will be long gone by the time that service will even potentially start
  11. There is not ONE REASON to fly US Airways over another carrier...even when comparing a US direct flight versus a connection on another carrier
  14. The potential "buyer" will be shutting US down...not keeping the dead dog running...it's about capacity reduction, as Doug Parker has said to you guys NUMEROUS times. One of the few things Doug hasn't lied about...break it up and sell the pieces.
  15. The Airline constantly tells everyone (employees and customers) that everything above is not true, even though it really is.
Okay, that being said... Why the hell are you working for US Airways and still flying them? You US cheerleaders...you're all being played like a fiddle...so before you bash me and tell me how you're thinking about the company's future by looking on the bright side, etc....remember, you have no future...and mark my words on that. Anyone who stakes their good name on a piss-poor carrier who treats people (customers and employees alike) like this has no regard for their credibility and will have a difficult time getting past this when the carrier finally folds (and it will).

It's not about East versus West...US Airways is ONE AIRLINE....formed from two....joined together at the back facing opposite directions desperately trying to tear each other apart. The management are just trying to buy themselves enough time to unload the carrier (and you guys with it) with all of their cheerleading. They have no intention of growing anything. They have no long-term strategy and no intention of making it work.

If you really cared about US Airways, truly cared, you'd not stand for what the management was trying to do to the workplace that you America West and US Airways people worked at for so many years. You'd be doing everything in your power to put a stop to their ridiculous plans to market the carrier for a buyout. You, east and west together, need to demand better: BETTER COMPUTER SYSTEM, BETTER INFLIGHT PRODUCT, BETTER FRONT LINE EMPLOYEES, ETC. Instead, you're rallying behind these clowns who are ultimately going to lead you all to your demise. It's truly sad how you've all been manipulated. There is no plan coming out of the current management team that is going to lead to anything but implosion. If this isn't abundantly clear by now...I don't know what is. You need to take a stand and do it fast.

The synergies between America West and US Airways could be realized and you could be one great carrier if you had competent management who would be willing to fully exploit them and provide a competitive product, not use them as a way of marketing the carrier to potential buyers.

The point of my post is informative...and to say, be ready, folks. Be ready for the end if you do nothing.

As for me...I'm flying US less and less, but I'm still there when I can be. I just can't count on anything anymore. I do like a lot of you guys on the front-line and I enjoy those friendly faces, even though the seats are falling apart, there's no food in first class...wine in a party cup, etc. I still remember when things were good and I'm praying for a miracle. You guys are beaten down and don't need to hear this from me to know the airline is a disaster.

Ultimately, you guys, THE EMPLOYEES are going to have to put a stop to this before it brings us all down The airline has made it abundantly clear that they do not care what customers think. Customer relations no longer answers the phone. We just file DOT complaints now. From what I read, they care even less about what you guys think....but you are the guys who put the planes in the air. We're held hostage in many cases by the route structure. The customers are your PAYMASTERS folks...WE pay the bills...NOT Doug Parker. And you need to realize that the product you are providing at your management's dictation is not acceptable.

Please, guys, do something.

-Bryan
DM Preferred Gold

Very heartfelt message but you're not telling us anything new. I have written e-mail after e-mail to Tempe regarding the sad state of affairs of this operation. As a front line employee (F/A) I do the best I can with the tools that I am NOT given.
As far as getting rid of the idiots running this place, I'd love to but the BOD is happy with them so they stay where they are. Eventually this place will just implode----it's started already in PHL....
it's a house of cards waiting to fall.
Don't blame the employees though--- you say that we need to do something before it's too late---but you need to consider this--
We don't control who's on the throne and we never will.

Song,

Don't be so sure about the last statement--I think if it gets bad enough and we speak loud enough in the right direction change can happen--probably won't be easy, but never say never.

Song,

Don't be so sure about the last statement--I think if it gets bad enough and we speak loud enough in the right direction change can happen--probably won't be easy, but never say never.
Art,
I would like to believe that you are right but look at how many times you have tried to explain it to them as spokesman for the FFOCUS group and they still don't get it.
In the past, the employees have tried to get rid of CEOs and management and have not been very successful. In the BOD eyes, Parker is a golden boy who will line their pockets, so he will stay.

Please, guys, d, o something.

-Bryan
DM Preferred Gold

You got that right- this is a Frank Lorenzo perfect storm- the big boys will be lining up their limos at the bank of their choice, when they sell off the assets. I don't think the next corporate playbook has a merger plan, that's just my gut feeling. Let's not forget the employees will be blamed for the demise. Excuse my naivete, but I never understood why the employees never attempted to own the airline, especially since the loyalty factor, and the experience level of the emoloyess was high at one time.

and what the hell would you like us to do....how dare you insinuate many of us "do not truly care"...it is management that does not care....

Don't blame the employees though---
Song...we're not blaming you...in fact, it's because of the employees that many of us have stuck around for so long....up until recently, I feel that US had the best employees going....a lot of the attitudes have been worse lately and I'm sure it has a lot to do with how you are all being treated, coupled with a POS management and computer system.

The company sucks and that's not your fault and we all appreciate that, and we appreciate how you have all tried to maintain a sense of professionalism. For your sake, I hope there is something salvageable with this mess that Tempe has created. I know it's easier for us customers to fly a different airline than it is for you all to find a new job with another airline (although the other airlines could pick up some extremely qualified and top notch personnel if you all would move on).

Living in PIT, I have a lot of friends and family that were US employees and saw first hand how all of you have been screwed. In spite of that, a very large number of you still manage a smile in front of the customers, and for that you are appreciated. We see and feel your pain and hope this POS management doesn't completely break down the awesome people that you all are.

Song,

We NEVER did and never would blame the employees--they are not given the tools they need with which to do their jobs. Unfortunately many have just given up and no longer even try to help customers. Not that they don't want to, they just know they can't.

As the poster above states, you and your colleagues are the main if not only reason so many of us stuck around so long.

The worst part for me about moving on is that I miss all my friends at US.

Song,

We NEVER did and never would blame the employees--they are not given the tools they need with which to do their jobs. Unfortunately many have just given up and no longer even try to help customers. Not that they don't want to, they just know they can't.

As the poster above states, you and your colleagues are the main if not only reason so many of us stuck around so long.

The worst part for me about moving on is that I miss all my friends at US.

Thanks Art and T2M,
I miss you FF too....you wouldn't believe what we get up front these days----no offense to anyone but they're oversells from the back w/ no clue what F/C is supposed to be like. I don't blame you all for moving on. You can't continue to do business w/ your own clients when you are trapped in PHL w/ a 3 hour ground delay that forces you to miss a meeting.

The original poster however seems to think that we are putting up w/ those in Tempe because we believe they are capable mgmt. which could not be farther from the truth. If anyone has any suggestions on how to reach the BOD to get rid of "the sand gang" of Parker, Kirby, Shamblin et al please enlighten us....

To Guest_bryan240sx_*:

If you hate US Airways so much why are you on here posting? Just because we work here doesn't mean we are cheerleaders! How do you think those of us who are here feel? Also, don't blame the employees! We are doing the best that we can with what we have! We are all humiliated on a daily basis! However, we are working to make a change but it doesn't happen overnight! Our management doens't really have a concept of how to run an airline or even deal with customers. They don't listen to us either!

It's days like this when I have to start at 5am, fly all day (4 legs and a deadhead for the 5th) in and out of PHL being delayed and having to listen to pax complain like its all my fault, then deadhead the last leg to PHL which is really delayed and have to spend over two and a half hours tired, hungry, PMSing, and having to listen to customers complain the entire flight from the moment they walk on to the moment they deplane, all while having a migraine that still hasn't gone away three hours later. Tomorrow the fun starts again at 5am when scheduling calls. I should be in bed right now!

So you know what? You're not telling us what we don't already know. Some of us are here because we want to make a change and we are working on it. Some of us are here because it is our career and we have invested many years here. Now that the industry has changed, I won't be here much longer (I give myself until next May) but while I am here I will do the best job that I can. We all have our personal reasons for being here at the moment. So leave us alone! We're not the enemy! You should be directing your complaints to management! We have to hear it every single day from pax, co-workers, family and friends! Maybe Doug doesn't get it but we do! Do you get it that we don't want to hear your complaints anymore?

BTW, not all of us treat customers like a dog! I treat them with respect and many of the f/as I work with do as well. Yes there are a few who are mean, but most of us are not! Did you write management and tell them how you felt? What did they say? I've complained to them many times but they never listen and they don't care because according to their financial statement, they are making lots of money and they know nothing about customer service nor do they care. It's us frontline employees who are holding this airline together and when we hear customer complaints over and over again it goes through one ear and out the other and only beats us down and makes us even more angry or apathetic and doesn't do anything to help.

Latest posts