Really?

never give up

Oct 31, 2010
Ex TWA flight attendants not allowed to vote for Last Best Offer or Tentative Agreement because they did not pay union dues during their furlough.
Also,
AA bought TWA and stapled flight attendants to bottom of seniority list.
Nine years later US Airways may buy bankrupt AA but apfa demands fair integration and demands not to be stapled.
Really?
APA, TWU, APFA and all other unions have been pretending that the gross mistreatment of ex TWA flight attendants never happened while wailing like infants about being mistreated by the company.
Hypocrites?
Yes!

Reactions: 5 people
Ex TWA flight attendants not allowed to vote for Last Best Offer or Tentative Agreement because they did not pay union dues during their furlough.
Also,
Nine years later US Airways may buy bankrupt AA but apfa demands fair integration and demands not to be stapled.
Really?
APA, TWU, APFA and all other unions have been pretending that the gross mistreatment of ex TWA flight attendants never happened while wailing like infants about being mistreated by the company.
Hypocrites?
Yes!

Other way around multi-billion dollar AA will wait till after Bankruptcy & buy much smaller U.S Air or Jet Blue .... just wait & see, so it will be U.S Air that get's stapled to the bottom like TWA , actually it will be a merger so they will probably feather them in with us not on the bottom.

Isn't it the IAM's fault? Anyway, it will be very interesting to see the AA FAs attitudes conveniently change once AA eventually merges with US. They rationalize the TW FAs getting stapled to the bottom with "well their airline was bankrupt" they should be glad they have jobs.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
Doesn't matter seniority has to be integrated per Caskill-Bond Amendment. You can't do an outright staple anymore. Also if history is any indication you do not want AMR management in charge after a merger. They specialize in acquire and dismantle!

Other way around multi-billion dollar AA will wait till after Bankruptcy & buy much smaller U.S Air or Jet Blue .... just wait & see, so it will be U.S Air that get's stapled to the bottom like TWA , actually it will be a merger so they will probably feather them in with us not on the bottom.

never happen this aborion of a merger will happen in BK or not at all

Doesn't matter seniority has to be integrated per Caskill-Bond Amendment. You can't do an outright staple anymore. Also if history is any indication you do not want AMR management in charge after a merger. They specialize in acquire and dismantle!

Here's what it says:

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Less than a week after Lufthansa agreed to purchase 19% of Jet Blue, a struggling U.S. carrier, U.S. Senators Claire McCaskill and Kit Bond today secured a provision to the Senate’s omnibus spending bill to provide air carrier employees with a base level of protection during mergers. With 1,253 former TWA employees still at risk of losing recall rights five years after being laid off from TWA’s merger with American, McCaskill and Bond are seeking to prevent similar scenarios from occurring in the future.

The provision would ensure a merger process by which airline employee seniority lists can be integrated in a fair manner. If a dispute occurs, the parties can engage in binding arbitration. This provision would make it harder for one airline or union to add the employees of another airline or union to the bottom of the seniority list. Thousands of former TWA flight attendants lost their seniority after American Airlines acquired TWA and were furloughed after September 11. This provision would help prevent such occurrences in the future.

In addition to the recent news about the Lufthansa investment in Jet Blue, news reports are fanning rumors about the potential for other major commercial airlines to engage in mergers. McCaskill, who successfully offered a similar amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Reauthorization Act in May, believed that the recent talk of mergers raised the level of urgency to sign such protections into law. She was pleased to work with Bond, along with U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-Il), to ensure the provision was included in the omnibus spending bill. The bill is expected to pass in both chambers and to be signed into law by the holiday recess.

“This provision is an important piece of the puzzle to ensure workers in the future don't suffer the same fate as the TWA workers. I'm also hopeful it will aid in negotiations towards a final settlement for those workers,” McCaskill said.

“Our TWA workers were given promises and only got pink slips, this provision is a critical step in protecting airline workers from this fate in the future,” said Bond. “It was a pleasure to work with Senator McCaskill to secure these protections.”

If you read the second paragraph..it says "integrated in a fair manner."

Guess what, A federal arbitrator named Kasher ruled according to Allegheny Mohawk what he deemed fair and equitable...

Whether or not one disagrees, this is how it is.

But I can't say the same for pilots and f/a's.

The point is, even though this ammendment is law, what if the pilots and f/a went to arbitration ALA Kasher and got the same ruling as the TWU/IAM...

Would McCaskil and Bond pen another ammendment eliminating Allegheny Mohawk?

It will have to be nego between the two unions. If no agreement comes out then it's binding arbitration. We just went thru all this, if our last TA was not voted in by "both" side then we would be in binding arbitration right now.
So the TWA F/S's got screwed when AA bought TWA. When AA and US merges they will get screwed again, because now, more than likely, will get DOH for both sides and dovetailed together "further" pushing the TWA F/A's down on the list.

I hope AA and US F/A's goto arbitration. I hope they get an arbitrader who is very familier with the last AA/TWA merger, and sympothetic towards the TWA F/A's. If it were me, heres how I would rule; All X-TWA F/A's goto the top of the seniority list keeping the senoirity order they held within each other at TWA. Then I would place "ALL" US/AW F/A's below TWA. Then I would place AA's F/A's at the bottom. Wanna talk about Karma AA F/A's?? How's that sit with ya? This is exactly how I would rule. If I could (which no one can I believe) I would of also reversed the senoirity of the AA F/A's just to add a little poke, because we all know it wasn't the lower senoirity employees who pushed this last one thru... :D

Reactions: 1 person
Also,
Really?
Hypocrites?
Yes!

What does the TWU have to do with the APFA decision? The TWU followed the process of Allegheny Mohawk (and it would have been the same outcome under McCaskill/Bond).

It will have to be nego between the two unions. If no agreement comes out then it's binding arbitration. We just went thru all this, if our last TA was not voted in by "both" side then we would be in binding arbitration right now.
So the TWA F/S's got screwed when AA bought TWA. When AA and US merges they will get screwed again, because now, more than likely, will get DOH for both sides and dovetailed together "further" pushing the TWA F/A's down on the list.

I hope AA and US F/A's goto arbitration. I hope they get an arbitrader who is very familier with the last AA/TWA merger, and sympothetic towards the TWA F/A's. If it were me, heres how I would rule; All X-TWA F/A's goto the top of the seniority list keeping the senoirity order they held within each other at TWA. Then I would place "ALL" US/AW F/A's below TWA. Then I would place AA's F/A's at the bottom. Wanna talk about Karma AA F/A's?? How's that sit with ya? This is exactly how I would rule. If I could (which no one can I believe) I would of also reversed the senoirity of the AA F/A's just to add a little poke, because we all know it wasn't the lower senoirity employees who pushed this last one thru... :D
Give em all 4/10/2001 seniority...THATS THE DATE AA PURCHASED TWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, how many times must we go over this? Did Reagan really find a loophole to bust up unions? Most of America says YES, but the answer is NO! The ATC workers breached a 'no strike' clause in their contract.

Was TWA stapled? NO! And this is the last time I go in the US dungeon to dig this up...
http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/49590-afa-labor-discussion-work-related/page__st__1620

It starts at #1625!

Forget what I say, just read from those who know.

Was TWA stapled? NO! And this is the last time I go in the US dungeon to dig this up...
http://www.airlinefo.../page__st__1620

It starts at #1625!

Forget what I say, just read from those who know.
I'm not going to slog thru a multi-thousand post thread on the US forum.

TWA flight attendants were stapled by the APFA.

TWA pilots and mechanics were not stapled - arbitration was used by the APA and the TWU to integrate their lists. Dunno about the TWA fleet service employees.

Any claims to the contrary are simply false.

We need a pinned thread - "TWA - I got screwed".

The mechs got hosed if they wanted to leave MCI, only being granted partial seniority by some complicated formula and the FAs were stapled onto the bottom. I can't speak re: the pilots as I don't suspect - few of them come around my area to shoot the bull.

I'm not going to slog thru a multi-thousand post thread on the US forum.

TWA flight attendants were stapled by the APFA.

TWA pilots and mechanics were not stapled - arbitration was used by the APA and the TWU to integrate their lists. Dunno about the TWA fleet service employees.

Any claims to the contrary are simply false.

Then go to 1635.

I'm not trying to start anything except pointing to some facts that came up.

What I observed, since you don't want to read everything, is that there is a type of spiteful attitude towards the AA f/as. I actually hope US and AA do merge. It'll be interesting to see if this item comes up and some yell fowl.

Really?

Since the TWA were not stapled, APFA may still have a sticky clause in, I believe, their CBA. Since they will be the dominant union, because they outnumber US, they really won't have a problem. MAYBE this is a smokescreen, because they're going to have another TWA scenario, and US may be getting, well whatever!

Stapled or not, the situation with the TWA SLI was egregious enough that it provided the basis for the McCaskill-Bond Amendment.

Whatever happens "if" there is a AA-US merger, you can rest assured it WONT be a staple job.