Rebecca's Battle

mrbreeze

Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Hi Gang,

This is my 16 yr old daughter, Rebecca. She is a team Captain for this year's 32 mile bike ride as a fund raiser for the American Diabetes Association.

She is actively seeking a cure for Type 1 Diabetes, having been diagnosed with the disease at age 7, and fighting that daily battle. Also, she participates in studies and donates blood regularly for research at the Barbara Davis Diabetes Research Institute in Denver. So she is not sitting around, waiting for someone else to solve this puzzle, she is on the front line. It's kinda cool that while she is giving blood for research, two stories up at the Research Institute, mice are actually being used, trying to find a cure for this disease.

Last year was her first try at this kind of fund raiser. I am proud to say that mainly through donations from East and West pilots, she raised over $11,500......she was the second highest individual fund raiser in the state of Colorado. Thanks so much!!! Of course, USAir coprorate would not donate a penny. It just shows that the human spirit is alive and well.

If you would like to donate......and even $5 is much appreciated, you can click on the ADA link below, using a credit or debit card. If you use this method, ADA will email your tax deductable receipt to you. If you prefer, you can mail a check made out to ADA to the address below.

Thanks so much for your help.

breeze (USAir pilot)

http://main.diabetes...020&pg=personal

Rebecca Lynch
3224 Lymen St
Ft Collins, CO 80526

Reactions: 1 person
Hi Gang,

This is my 16 yr old daughter, Rebecca. She is a team Captain for this year's 32 mile bike ride as a fund raiser for the American Diabetes Association.

She is actively seeking a cure for Type 1 Diabetes, having been diagnosed with the disease at age 7, and fighting that daily battle. Also, she participates in studies and donates blood regularly for research at the Barbara Davis Diabetes Research Institute in Denver. So she is not sitting around, waiting for someone else to solve this puzzle, she is on the front line. It's kinda cool that while she is giving blood for research, two stories up at the Research Institute, mice are actually being used, trying to find a cure for this disease.

Last year was her first try at this kind of fund raiser. I am proud to say that mainly through donations from East and West pilots, she raised over $11,500......she was the second highest individual fund raiser in the state of Colorado. Thanks so much!!! Of course, USAir coprorate would not donate a penny. It just shows that the human spirit is alive and well.

If you would like to donate......and even $5 is much appreciated, you can click on the ADA link below, using a credit or debit card. If you use this method, ADA will email your tax deductable receipt to you. If you prefer, you can mail a check made out to ADA to the address below.

Thanks so much for your help.

breeze (USAir pilot)

http://main.diabetes...020&pg=personal

Rebecca Lynch
3224 Lymen St
Ft Collins, CO 80526

GOD Bless!
My Grandmother and one of my cousins died from this disease.
My cousin had multiple amputations over periods of his survival and my aunt & uncle took care of him until he refused further amputations.

Hope the MODS make this a sticky!
Best to you and yours!
B) xUT

GOD Bless!
My Grandmother and one of my cousins died from this disease.
My cousin had multiple amputations over periods of his survival and my aunt & uncle took care of him until he refused further amputations.

Hope the MODS make this a sticky!
Best to you and yours!
B) xUT

xUT,

First of all, thanks for your donation.....much appreciated.

I have asked the MODS to pin this topic so that it will stay put for awhile. They did impress me today......not only did they pin the topic under the USAirways forum, but they also donated $200....so cool!!!!!

It would be great if we could double what we did last year. Being my little girl that is doing this....not only is it great to see the donations come in, but more importantly, it could possibly lead to a cure for her. I am humbled that the human heart responds to this kind of need.

Thanks again,
breeze