Reconfigured 321's

FlyGuyBWI

Advanced
Feb 12, 2003
Well, with the announcement of the reconfiguration of the A321's, the 737 is now the most passenger friendly aircraft in the US fleet -- how much lower can we go?!

Hey, don't think they can't make the 737 more "comfy". The 737's on the west have f/c seats up to the door. You can sit at the jumpseat and talk to the f/a's from 1A-F. It's all about cramming them in. I don't understand how this A321 reconfig will be. Taking out 10 and replacing 14? I would have thought they'd get in at least 16-18 if not more with cramming the seats tighter. Make it so heavy it wouldn't even make to PIT from PHL. :lol:

One 321 has been reconfigured and now it's going through an assessment period before anymore are done. There are a few techinical things that are being reviewed.

One 321 has been reconfigured and now it's going through an assessment period before anymore are done. There are a few techinical things that are being reviewed.

Translation - "Let's see if this thing has ANY chance of making it transcon."

A/C 173 is the first out of PIT MTC, and 174 has another week to go with work underway. 173 is scheduled to make it's debut tommorow, Monday April 9, scheduled on a PIT-CLT-MBJ-CLT-SAN routing. I feel sorry for the agents who have to work her tommorow, as every leg is booked to 26 in First. Good Luck folks.

Regards

LGA777

Translation - "Let's see if this thing has ANY chance of making it transcon."
Yeah they will fly it PHL-SFO when the load isn't good. Oh it made it no problem. I would be really p!ssed off if I paid for a flight that was non-stop and it stopped along the way for fuel. If I wanted to stop I could have chosen some other airline.

Example
You have a flight the departs at 8am and is scheduled in SFO at 11am. I have a meeting in Sunnyvale at 1:30pm. Now if that flight is even alittle late I should be able to make that meeting rather easily. That is considering that I have to take the train/monorail, whatever they call it, to the car rental and drive there, I should be there with time to spare. Now, if that plane has to stop along the way, do I have a chance on making that meeting? With that fuel stop, roughly will add about 90 minutes to the trip. And if it gets caught in the AM 8am jam in PHL waiting to take off, well, we all know what thats like. Most of my journeys are with less than 24 hours notice. I get a call here at 6pm, and have to be out there the next day by 1:30p, that cuts alot of my options out. UA used to have that 7am flight which I used several times, but now its runs at 9am and is late quite often. But as of late, I have been getting no calls and the few I had gotten I had several days. So I had been taking the flight out the day before and getting there more relaxed. Also I get to wear my sweats or shorts knowing that I don't have to race off to the site.

If I am forced to make a trip that short notice, I'll just have to fly someone else, unless the flight isn't a A321, which now it is a A320.

A/C 173 is the first out of PIT MTC, and 174 has another week to go with work underway. 173 is scheduled to make it's debut tommorow, Monday April 9, scheduled on a PIT-CLT-MBJ-CLT-SAN routing. I feel sorry for the agents who have to work her tommorow, as every leg is booked to 26 in First. Good Luck folks.

Regards

LGA777
thanks lga777 ,i knew you would have the answer to my question.

Regards

LGA777
Are they getting the new paint too right away?

I feel sorry for the agents who have to work her tommorow, as every leg is booked to 26 in First. Good Luck folks.
I'm sure all 26 are not paid F. All they need is to find 10 of those 26 that were free upgrades and send them to the back....

I'm sure all 26 are not paid F. All they need is to find 10 of those 26 that were free upgrades and send them to the back....

That's funny. Because to the agent it should not matter. If US did allow these birds to be booked to 26F knowing they would be downsized, the agent has to take the wrath of the angry customer on behalf of the company.

That aside, you are aware of the fact that when the 757s were downsized, there were many people who paid F who were bumped back. I watched it happen at least twice.

Word to the wise (the FFs already know this): get row 1 or 2 in F until this abortion of a change is completed.