Reduced lift to/from RIC & CLT

Heinrich

Senior
Dec 20, 2002
I remember years ago talking about RIC & ORF being "bread and butter markets" for USair.

7 flights a day to CLT from RIC. This table shows mainline lift:

05/04/06
12:40 A319
15:45 A319
19:15 A320
21:45 A320

05/11/06
19:15 A319
22:00 A321

The rest are RJs. Worse, in RIC there is this rickety metal steps that sway back and forth when you walk on them. My business co-workers are not pleased.

Surprising, i always heard RIC, along with CLT had some of the highest fares/yield in the country.

While I hate to hear this news at least the rickety stairs will not be an issue with the CLT flights as they are CRJ-200/700/900's all with built in airstairs. Hopefully more Mainline service will be brought back to this imporatant buisness market soon !

Regards

LGA777

Some of the mainline lift out of RIC is being replaced by CRJ-900s so loosing some seats but they also increase flights from 7 a day to 8 a day to CLT. I hope when the E-190 comes that we see some in RIC!!

While I hate to hear this news at least the rickety stairs will not be an issue with the CLT flights as they are CRJ-200/700/900's all with built in airstairs. Hopefully more Mainline service will be brought back to this imporatant buisness market soon !

Regards

LGA777

As many passengers as they are shovelling onto those rickety metal steps that sway left and right, I'm surprised that no one's broken their butt in RIC.

This is not good customer service for an important business market.

This is one of those markets where when Zone 1 is called, half the boarding area stands up to board. There are lots of long term loyal customers in RIC. I don't even hear the first class cabin returning from PHL complaining constantly like I do in ORF about PHL. That's a loyal customer base...

And we are treated with no respect in RIC

Latest posts