Refurb'd Cabins

iheartairbus

Advanced
Aug 31, 2006
So we've seen some pics of the new arrival A321 cabins, they do look sharp, can anyone post pics of maybe the 737-400s or east airbus's that have the new interior.... We've seen some pics of west 757s w/ partially re-done cabins (seats, carpet)... be nice to see other planes in the fleet... can anyone snap some pics of post them on here if you have them....

So we've seen some pics of the new arrival A321 cabins, they do look sharp, can anyone post pics of maybe the 737-400s or east airbus's that have the new interior.... We've seen some pics of west 757s w/ partially re-done cabins (seats, carpet)... be nice to see other planes in the fleet... can anyone snap some pics of post them on here if you have them....
I was on one of the east 737s last week and they do look sharp. Really sharp.

Doesn't seem that the VFF have flown on any of these.

Maybe only the FFs do.

Reminds me of the old regime that did nothing to refurbish things on their way out-was that was when we were the "Global Carrier of Choice"?

Does anyone still have the photos of the 733 paint jobs from that era?

Yeah, things really looked better then.

Reminds me of the old regime that did nothing to refurbish things on their way out-was that was when we were the "Global Carrier of Choice"?

That was the late 90's through 9-11, and yes the planes really did look a lot better then. New (within 18-24 months) paint, refurbished interiors...

Post-9/11 and during the 2 bankruptcies things went downhill - I remember the carpet back to the F/Y divider on the 737's being as black as the rubber flooring in the entryway by the time the merger came along. That was 3 years ago - sure is taking a long time to turn the Titanic around.

Jim

I have photos from today, an East A321. Here you go.

Attachments

• New_A321.jpg
    New_A321.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 257
  • New_A321_Overhead.jpg
    New_A321_Overhead.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 230
  • A321_Exit_Row_22.jpg
    A321_Exit_Row_22.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 232
...sure is taking a long time to turn the Titanic around.
Sure is!

I have no particular love for the current regime.

I do have a bit of a problem with selective memory-not on your part.

The new planes were nice and shiny back then but were we able to cash that check when it came due?

Things seemed good then but I suggest they've been less than optimal long before 3 years ago.

In the end I support not taking anymore of my pay even if it involves less than spotless A/C.

Things seemed good then but I suggest they've been less than optimal long before 3 years ago.

Sounds like I'm not the only one with the "Has it really been that long ago???" disease that comes with advancing years....

911 was 7 years ago - long before 3 years ago.

BK1 was filed 6 years ago - still fairly long before 3 years ago.

BK2 was filed 4 years ago - still over 3 years.

The East planes were in good shape - new Airbii arriving, repainted/refurbished 737's and 767's - until 911 hit and preserving captial became the order of the day, although new Airbii were still delivered IIRC. A year later BK1 rolled around. Then BK2. 7 years of neglect takes a toll...especially on the 737's that have been neglected all that time.

Jim

I've got some pictures I'd like to add. These are all refurbs (no new 2008 delivered a/c's here). A mix of Airbii and other pictures of the new 767 Envoy refurb which includes a very comfortable seat. I like the fact the cushion is the old style cloth type cushion. The 767 was sparkling clean. The narrow body aircraft have also been very clean (especially those w/ the new interior.) Alright, enough talking. I'll let the pics do the talking. :up:

-Kinglobjaw

2858304933_4bf60e7f44_b.jpg

2858304297_1d91d7ff38_b.jpg

2859132692_e7bf2cb53f_b.jpg

-Kinglobjaw

most a/c have not been fully refurbished. the cabin dividers have not been relaminated with the "swoosh" logo thingy. something about having to get it approved by the faa for fire retardant. only thing they have done is recover the seats .

anyone have pics of east 737s I heard from a fellow F/A they look pretty nice w/ the new seat covers

anyone have pics of east 737s I heard from a fellow F/A they look pretty nice w/ the new seat covers
I was on one a few weeks back....I think August 20, there abouts....and the upholstry was nice...but the overhead bins looked beat and well worn....I remember thinking, "close, almost...but no cigar."

It is what it is....