Reissue Question

USFlyer

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
I have a question for a ticket/res agent ...

I have several US e-tickets that were issued anywhere from 6-9 months ago that I need to begin using (actually, $6,000 worth) plus one paper MCO. Since none of them were issued by my company's travel agency, they are unable to use them in a ticket exchange, yet I will never burn down that amount of tickets on personal travel. Is there any way they could possibly exchange these tickets for new ones, say if I had them converted to paper tickets? Or, could the corporate travel agency create the PNR yet I have the ticket issued at an airport? Our corporate A/P department is finicky about us not booking through our corporate travel agency.

Just to clarify: My objective is to have my corporate travel agency issue the ticket using an unused ticket issued by a different agency I no longer have access to, if possible. If I can have the unused tickets printed to paper and sent to my current agency, this will work for me.

madders said:
who paid for those tickets and what were the purpose of those tickets ;business or personal
[post="247871"][/post]​

Why does this matter?

A few unanswered questions. what fare did you pay? are they non refundable?
and are the destinations going to be the same.

call res.......oh wait they are moving to india.......your wait time will be 15 hours due to high call volume we appreciate you business and are sorry please hold on for the next customer servive agent ...........

USFlyer said:

Just to clarify: My objective is to have my corporate travel agency issue the ticket using an unused ticket issued by a different agency I no longer have access to, if possible. If I can have the unused tickets printed to paper and sent to my current agency, this will work for me.
[post="247847"][/post]​

One agency cannot reissue a ticket issued by another agency- doesn't matter if they are paper or electronic. The agency could redeem an MCO if US issued it, but not another agency. Reservations could reissue a ticket on record created by an agency but technically that is not procedure- they are supposed to create a new record so it is a US booking.

USFlyer said:

I have several US e-tickets that were issued anywhere from 6-9 months ago that I need to begin using (actually, $6,000 worth) plus one paper MCO. Since none of them were issued by my company's travel agency, they are unable to use them in a ticket exchange, yet I will never burn down that amount of tickets on personal travel. Is there any way they could possibly exchange these tickets for new ones, say if I had them converted to paper tickets? Or, could the corporate travel agency create the PNR yet I have the ticket issued at an airport? Our corporate A/P department is finicky about us not booking through our corporate travel agency.

[post="247847"][/post]​

I assume these were from cancelled business trips?

Tell the comptroller or someone similar that if the corporate A/P department would like $6,000 worth of free air travel, you will have to book outside the corporate travel agent.