Rep J Boehner R-Ohio

Garfield1966

Veteran
Apr 7, 2003
Texas
Repub walk on Contempt of Court vote for Miers and Bolton

Few Republicans were in the chamber after House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, led a walk-out off the House floor in protest of the vote.

Boehner and other Republicans said they believed the House should instead be voting on a terror surveillance bill to renew a law that is set to expire Friday.

"We will not stand here and watch this floor be abused for pure political grandstanding at the expense of our national security. We will not stand for this, and we will not stay for this, and I would ask my House Republican colleagues ... let's just get up and leave," Boehner said.

You have to admire the hypocrisy of politicians. That they can stand up and say crap like this with a straight face is amazing.

This same dolt sponsored, debated and voted for H. Res 611 to impeach Clinton (which I think the SOB deserved) but a vote on contempt of Congress by two White House officials is not important? I cannot help but wonder what would have happened if the Dems would have walked off the floor during the impeachment vote. The yellow streak on the republicans is showing through more and more.

Yadda yadda yadda Gar.....

What you didn't relate was why they got up and walked.

Are you aware that Big Nance won't bring the FISA bill to the floor because there is enough support

from both sides of the aisle to pass the act again?

Much to her dismay.... :eek:

Yes because the Senate already caved in to W. I hope Pelosie has the balls to stand her ground and tell W to shove his FISA bill up his ass. Why should Tel-Com's get protection from something that according to the POTUS was legal? Because the Tel-Com's (and W) knew damn well that they were breaking the law but they are the 5th biggest lobby in the US and they were sucking up to what they thought was a popular POTUS. I am guessing the Tel-Com lawyers had a fit but figured W would cover their collective asses (which he is trying to do). Maybe if the FISA bill expire tomorrow and W will actually have to get warrants for the date he wants to get. Maybe he will actually have to follow the law for ONCE in his term.

Unfortunately the republicans are still trying to run on fear (W screwed up every other option for them .. Economy .. yea right, fiscal spending ... ha ha ha, morality .... lol....Whats left?). McCain is going to get his ass handed to him if he does not learn how to play a different tune than that.

Repub walk on Contempt of Court vote for Miers and Bolton

Few Republicans were in the chamber after House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, led a walk-out off the House floor in protest of the vote.

Boehner and other Republicans said they believed the House should instead be voting on a terror surveillance bill to renew a law that is set to expire Friday.

"We will not stand here and watch this floor be abused for pure political grandstanding at the expense of our national security. We will not stand for this, and we will not stay for this, and I would ask my House Republican colleagues ... let's just get up and leave," Boehner said.

You have to admire the hypocrisy of politicians. That they can stand up and say crap like this with a straight face is amazing.

This same dolt sponsored, debated and voted for H. Res 611 to impeach Clinton (which I think the SOB deserved) but a vote on contempt of Congress by two White House officials is not important? I cannot help but wonder what would have happened if the Dems would have walked off the floor during the impeachment vote. The yellow streak on the republicans is showing through more and more.

Flashback to Boehner between smoke breaks. A real piece of work.

IF anyone wants to see a politician/Barometer who knows emphatically, what the present, and near/Moderate future/state of the GOP is,....Just watch ol' "Newt".

If Newt thought that there was even a FAR OUTSIDE CHANCE of keeping a republican as POTUS, (as much as a lot of people LOATH NEWT), He would have(in a NY minute) been Running.

Ah,............you NOTICE he's NOT !! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Newt committed adultery. While the republicans are hypocrites like everyone else. I am pretty sure that and the way he served his wife would have shut down any possibility to run the nation.

Newt committed adultery. While the republicans are hypocrites like everyone else. I am pretty sure that and the way he served his wife would have shut down any possibility to run the nation.

Hey Sinner, the perfect one already paid the price!

you sure judge alot to be the poster boy of sin... :lol:

700 and you are no different!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not give a rats ass if he was banging a nun and a priest at the same time. I just find it hypocritical that some dolt goes around preaching 'family values" while he is banging his mistress on the side. Yet none of the republicans are jumping all over his butt to shut up already.

I do not believe in sin. Original, fake or other.

Hey Sinner, the perfect one already paid the price!

you sure judge alot to be the poster boy of sin... :lol:

700 and you are no different!!!!!!!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey...."12",

I know about Garfields(perceived sins), but WHY did you mention "700" in that manner ??

Back