Repair Lapses Led To Us Air Crash

According to an article I read, as a result of this incident, Johnny O is bringing some mx back in house, saying it would be more cost effective with better quality control.

ya think?

diogenes said:
According to an article I read, as a result of this incident, Johnny O is bringing some mx back in house, saying it would be more cost effective with better quality control.

ya think?
Thanks for bringing the subject back in line

tim said:
ITRADE said:
V1 said:
Repair Lapses Led To US Air Crash
It's not about me. Its about what is in the paper. It's not personal, it's factual.
The NTSB report says Air Midwest.
Seems I need to be nice Itrade. So I will.

I believe you are missing the issue. The key word being OUTSOURCING being not all it's cracked up to be, no matter what airline.
Hmmm....Must be the reason why we've seen so many Southwest crashes.

Hope777 said:
I Trade, who sold the Tickets? What Airline code was on the Flight? Bottom line is it was an AirMidwest Flight OPERATED FOR USAIRWAYS EXPRESS.
Exactly - for Express.

Whoever sold the tickets is wholly irrelevant. Any airline can sell tickets for any airline.

The fact of the matter is that the finances and managerial decisions made by Air Midwest are not made by any employees of US Airways.

ITRADE said:
tim said:
ITRADE said:
V1 said:
Repair Lapses Led To US Air Crash
It's not about me. Its about what is in the paper. It's not personal, it's factual.
The NTSB report says Air Midwest.
Seems I need to be nice Itrade. So I will.

I believe you are missing the issue. The key word being OUTSOURCING being not all it's cracked up to be, no matter what airline.
Hmmm....Must be the reason why we've seen so many Southwest crashes.

Here is some inside info for you mr "I" man.

LUV will be doing in house maintenance, they already do C & B and I know for sure Q's checks are coming. So why is that? Hmmmm?????

tim said:
Here is some inside info for you mr "I" man.

LUV will be doing in house maintenance, they already do C & B and I know for sure Q's checks are coming. So why is that? Hmmmm?????
But the original premise was that outsourcing must certainly cause crashes. That was demonstrated not to be the case with Southwest for about 30 years and is the case with Delta maintenance which performs services for other carriers.

What is going to be done in the future is tangential to what has successfully been done in the past.

I can point to plenty of in-house maintenance failures that led to crashes as well. Something about a forklift used to raise an engine comes to mind.

and the mgmt team wants to outsource the airbus work---i bet mgmt wont fly on the first airbus that had outsourced maintaince done to it!!!