Repercusions for the GOP if Obama wins re-election ?

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Most everyone is aware that B O is an extremely vulnerable incumbent POTUS.
But consider this.
What will it say if the Republican party cannot defeat him ?
What will the future hold for the GOP ?

IMO, the early warning signs were on display about the GOP from the farce(the GOP Primary) that resembled a bad SNL skit !

Trouble in conservative Paradise ?????

This election is in the bag for the GOP.

If it wasn't the GOP would have brought out previous Presidents and Vice-Presidents to speak at the convention to remind everyone of the strength of the party platform and past accomplishments.

This election is in the bag for the GOP.

If it wasn't the GOP would have brought out previous Presidents and Vice-Presidents to speak at the convention to remind everyone of the strength of the party platform and past accomplishments.

Bush I is too old.and feeble to speak publicly Ford more so. Reagan is dead. Quayle has no credibility. Cheney .... hee hee. That would be funny. Bush II. Let me know when he campaigns for anyone. You do realize he did not campaign for anyone in 2010.

So who exactly did you have in mind?

Reactions: 2 people
Bush I is too old.and feeble to speak publicly Ford more so. Reagan is dead. Quayle has no credibility. Cheney .... hee hee. That would be funny. Bush II. Let me know when he campaigns for anyone. You do realize he did not campaign for anyone in 2010.

So who exactly did you have in mind?

Geez, you're clueless, Tree. Ford is dead, too. Even Wikipedia knew that.

And both Bush 41 and 43 did speak at the convention --- by video. Same way Carter addressed the DNC.

The fact that Obama had to bring Clinton to campaign for him shows just how desperate his campaign really is right now. He really screwed the pooch by picking Biden four years ago, and I'm sure it took a lot of convincing to let him ride on Bill's coat tails.

Just wait... when the polls start showing Obama falling behind, Bill will unhitch Obama from his wagon faster than he can pull his pants up. Willie's never been one to worry about slinging mud, but he doesn't like to be associated with losers...

And both Bush 41 and 43 did speak at the convention --- by video. Same way Carter addressed the DNC.

The fact that Obama had to bring Clinton to campaign for him shows just how desperate his campaign really is right now.

Maybe it is not as in the bag as previously thought. Thanks for clearing that up. Glad to see that the RNC didn't let a Vietnam era draft dodger take the podium like the DNC did with Clinton.

So I missed that Ford passed away. Sue me.

If Bush could get re-elected with Cheney then Biden is no big deal.

They showed up on video... whooopyyyy. In 2010 W Bush did not campaign for any one because no one wanted to be associated with him. This year I am willing to bet Romney will not want to be seen anywhere near Bush. People like Clinton, they don't like Bush.

The only poll that counts is in Nov. Carter was ahead in the polls till Nov when Regan won.

The fact that Obama had to bring Clinton to campaign for him shows just how desperate his campaign really is right now. He really screwed the pooch by picking Biden four years ago, and I'm sure it took a lot of convincing to let him ride on Bill's coat tails.

Just wait... when the polls start showing Obama falling behind, Bill will unhitch Obama from his wagon faster than he can pull his pants up. Willie's never been one to worry about slinging mud, but he doesn't like to be associated with losers...
It was remarkable how Plouffe and Axelrod played the GOP, allowing your party to see them as desperate, when all the time they had the polling indicating an electoral slam. Of course they let the Fox News/talk radio noise machine spin it as if the pollsters were all wrong. It was a masterful play from probably the best run presidential campaign in modern history. There is no reason why the GOP should have lost this race. If they would have stayed in the middle from the primary season on, you would have a republican president elect right now. Letting the tea party write your platform was the nail in the coffin.

Bill Clinton did well for the party and himself. Joe Biden has turned out to be a good choice. He delivered a segment of the blue collar, white guy vote for Obama.

I can't remember a time when the polls were so dead on accurate with the actual results. The RCP average for the battlegrounds states was almost dead on.

Not really concerned about how the GOP looks today, they have a lot young talent, waiting in the wings and once Barrack has accomplished his agenda in the next 4 years and people realize the mistake they've made, 2016 will be a slam dunk for the GOP.

What "DOES" concern me is $16 trillion in debt, which I'm positive, given the entitlement regime, residing in DC, for the next 4 years is that job growth will not fall below 7% and we will be at least $20 trillion in debt, in 4 years !

Oh and this is bothersome also :

Markets Plummet After Obama Victory Puts ‘Fiscal Cliff’ in Focus!

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/obama-wins-election-2012-means-investors-155657964.html

Reap what you sow !